Thread: Brake question

Default Brake question

does anyone know if US brake is still in business? i have calipers that need rebuilt and was just wondering, if they are not who would be able to rebuild a set? thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    does anyone know if US brake is still in business? i have calipers that need rebuilt and was just wondering, if they are not who would be able to rebuild a set? thanks for any info.
    A complete guess on my part here as I never owned anything but a willwood caliper: I would think it's very likely that they all use similar sized o-rings (some use square and some round o-rings), so it's very likely that another brand O-ring would fit for that sized piston. If you can't find the US brake parts, try getting o-rings from another company for that sized piston US caliper you have. Just measure the o-ring that best you can before going ahead with it.

If in doubt, don't use them last thing you want is to blow out a o-ring while racing.

PS: I believe US brake was a division of AFCO, which was bought by speedway so you might try them for parts.

thank you for the info

Bernheisel in PA lists US Brake caliper parts in their catalog. They have Afco part #'s.