Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Macon Lucas oil show cancelled

Macon just posted on their Facebook that the makeup show scheduled for next Tuesday has been cancelled.

D@mn. I just can’t win.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Well dog poop!! We were very much looking forward to seeing the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at Mighty Macon next week! The whole deal would have worked out perfectly since Indiana Sprint Week has Monday July 22nd and Tuesday July 23rd off before they go to Terre Haute on the 24th. We could have sandwiched the LOLMDS at Macon between the ISW events at Lawrenceburg and Terre Haute!

Oh well, hopefully there is always next year!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Well dog poop!! We were very much looking forward to seeing the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series at Mighty Macon next week! The whole deal would have worked out perfectly since Indiana Sprint Week has Monday July 22nd and Tuesday July 23rd off before they go to Terre Haute on the 24th. We could have sandwiched the LOLMDS at Macon between the ISW events at Lawrenceburg and Terre Haute! Oh well, hopefully there is always next year!
    that was my plan as well..any other races on monday or tuesday within a reasonable distance from indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by bill39 View Post
    that was my plan as well..any other races on monday or tuesday within a reasonable distance from indiana?
    Not that I can find, bill. Checked WoO late models, WoO sprints, POWRi/WAR sprints, POWRi National Midgets and none of them are scheduled to race on the 22nd or 23rd.

The only event I'm finding is WoO sprints are scheduled to be racing at Lernerville Speedway but that's just north and a little east of Pittsburg, PA! Prolly won't be goin' to that one! LOL!

Not that I can find, bill. Checked WoO late models, WoO sprints, POWRi/WAR sprints, POWRi National Midgets and none of them are scheduled to race on the 22nd or 23rd.The only event I'm finding is WoO sprints are scheduled to be racing at Lernerville Speedway but that's just north and a little east of Pittsburg, PA! Prolly won't be goin' to that one! LOL!
    Dirtvision night I guess!

Not that I can find, bill. Checked WoO late models, WoO sprints, POWRi/WAR sprints, POWRi National Midgets and none of them are scheduled to race on the 22nd or 23rd. The only event I'm finding is WoO sprints are scheduled to be racing at Lernerville Speedway but that's just north and a little east of Pittsburg, PA! Prolly won't be goin' to that one! LOL!
    yea thats what i figured...guess ill have to find a campground for a couple nights or just wait for the 2nd half and stay out of the heat this weekend

Disappointing.......One of the top 5 races of the year!

Good date for Muskingum to pick up!!

May we ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    May we ask why?
    Its in the article.

"The possibility of a Tuesday, July 23 reschedule date was announced but a number of conflicts in addition to the tour having an upcoming rigorous road trip have made series and track officials think twice about attempting to make up the event."

I didnt really see any conflicts. Wonder what they're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I didnt really see any conflicts. Wonder what they're talking about?
    Im going to assume that the drivers said they wanted to head home after I-80 this weekend, rather than stick around for Macon, if they aren’t going to the PDC and USA Nationals. 2 weeks off before some huge races coming up on the schedule. By this weekend, if weather cooperates, they will have raced 9 times in 10 days.

I think it is pretty well known that the Lucas guys dont like going to Macon. They have complained every year they have gone there. I am really starting to lose respect for the Lucas tour with all of the shenanigans they are pulling this year.Just let DoD play your clips for Cripes sake.

CILDirt
    I agree with your take on Lucas Oil. I have been a big supporter of Lucas Series since the beginning-but with them asking Dirt on Dirt to cut back on the videos has left a sour taste with me. The heat races are no longer shown & the features are now cut way back. All other races still get full throttle coverage with the exception of Lucas Oil. It seems hypocritical to me about Lucas’s take on this one. They have corporate sponsors for the tours- they need race teams- race teams need sponsorship $$ to race the tour, but yet Lucas doesn’t want the coverage Dirt on Dirt provides to their series, race teams and sponsors. You would think they would welcome all the support & publicity they could get.🏁🏁

I have no problem with Lucas Oil limiting DoD's coverage, since they have their own network and cover most of their races on Lucas Oil Racing TV, MavTV, NBCSports Network, and/or CBS Sports Network.

The timing of the cancelation is odd to me considering we've all known this stretch of 10 races in 13 days was coming for months.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    The timing of the cancelation is odd to me considering we've all known this stretch of 10 races in 13 days was coming for months.
    Exactly. The Lucas regulars have become soft and I believe if it was anywhere else other than Macon they would be racing. You have to race hard at Macon and might have to straighten a body panel or two when the race is over. Two things that will probably have rules against them in the Lucas rule book next year.I’m not a huge Dennis Erb fan but I respect the hell out of the guy for grinding up and down the road racing any chance he gets. Hell...look at the road trip the Rocket team is on right now. The Lucas pre-madonnas need a break?....get over yourselves.

Lucas isn't for everybody.......ask the ones who have run the tour how bad they need a break every now and then.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????