Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CILDirt View Post
    I think it is pretty well known that the Lucas guys dont like going to Macon. They have complained every year they have gone there. I am really starting to lose respect for the Lucas tour with all of the shenanigans they are pulling this year.Just let DoD play your clips for Cripes sake.
    Ask any of the regulars that have raced there for years and they will tell you... it's only sheet metal.
    8/13/16

Frye fan- ??
    Just curious to know if you are a Dirt on Dirt subscriber or not ??
    🏁🏁

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Dirtvision night I guess!
    It's lookin' thata' way, Dlmfan123.

Quote Originally Posted by bill39 View Post
    yea thats what i figured...guess ill have to find a campground for a couple nights or just wait for the 2nd half and stay out of the heat this weekend
    bill, if you decide to go to Lawrenceburg and then camp a couple of nights waiting for the Terre Haute ISW race on the 24th let me know. We're thinking seriously about pulling the camper to Kokomo on July 18th and setting up there and going to Gas City the night of the 18th for the first night of ISW and Plymouth on the 19th for the second night and naturally we'll do the 3rd night at Kokomo on the 20th. We'll reluctantly skip The Burg and pull down to Terre Haute on the 21st and camp there 'till the morning of the 26th after the Putnamville ISW show. We'll have to skip the last 2 nights of ISW at Bloomington and Haubstadt to head over to Fairbury for the PDC. Luckily Fairbury is close enough to our house that we can run home from there to get additional provisions without having to go home with the camper!

If you are going to camp somewhere in between The Burg and Terre Haute you'll probably find the Vigo County Fairgrounds campground to be pretty decent place to hang out for a couple of days. I believe they only charge $20.00 a night for electric and water hook ups and if you're getting there on Monday the 22nd there should easily be spots in the shade along the east edge of the fairgrounds campground.

Let me know, we'll get together over there if you decide to camp at TH!
    Last edited by CIRF; 07-16-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Not that I can find, bill. Checked WoO late models, WoO sprints, POWRi/WAR sprints, POWRi National Midgets and none of them are scheduled to race on the 22nd or 23rd. The only event I'm finding is WoO sprints are scheduled to be racing at Lernerville Speedway but that's just north and a little east of Pittsburg, PA! Prolly won't be goin' to that one! LOL!
    For various reasons it is best that you SAVE YOUR MONEY ! The way that it is being run now is a far cry from how it was when Don Martin owned the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    For various reasons it is best that you SAVE YOUR MONEY ! The way that it is being run now is a far cry from how it was when Don Martin owned the place.
    Never really considered it since Lernerville is almost 9 hours from us and we're not all that big into the winged cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Ask any of the regulars that have raced there for years and they will tell you... it's only sheet metal.
    And that's one of the main reasons they race there regularly instead of on the Lucas tour.
    As cool as Macon racing is, it's not even close to the same.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I hope Macon reschedules this event without Lucas. Just Pay 5k like summernationals.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

....I will now head to Lincoln on Thursday and then Fairbury. See yall there!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    And that's one of the main reasons they race there regularly instead of on the Lucas tour.
    As cool as Macon racing is, it's not even close to the same.
    The Lucas guys should expect a rigorous schedule and not whine about running too many races. If the Summernantionals guys can handle running their busy schedule then the Lucas guys should be able to handle it too.

Big difference in running 20 plus races all within 4 or 5 hours of each other( or less) over a months time versus running marquee events all over the country over a period of 7 or 8 months.

I agree that the Lucas guys are pros and should be used to a rigorous schedule.....they have one already.
    Without the reschedules and rain out dates.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    ....I will now head to Lincoln on Thursday and then Fairbury. See yall there!
    Better bring your plastic blow up pool. 97 to 98 degrees forecasted every day.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Frye fan- ??
    Just curious to know if you are a Dirt on Dirt subscriber or not ??
    
    Yes, I am. I also subscribe to Lucas Oil Racing TV.

Wish I had time to watch all the videos/content they provide.

Prefer to watch events in person whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I’m ready man! Bringing extra deodorant too.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Plastic /tarp lined pickup bed would work too wouldn't it? Y'all stay cool and hydrated.

Dirt Cow 97 and 98 is for this week not next week. Next Thursday as of tonight is suppose to be 86, Friday 90 and Saturday 89

That’s bout like here in Bama. I can deal with it. Just no rain!!!!!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Plastic /tarp lined pickup bed would work too wouldn't it? Y'all stay cool and hydrated.
    Could be a real butt burner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Dirt Cow 97 and 98 is for this week not next week. Next Thursday as of tonight is suppose to be 86, Friday 90 and Saturday 89
    Dang, you messed it up.

Dang, you messed it up.
    lol.................

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's lookin' thata' way, Dlmfan123. bill, if you decide to go to Lawrenceburg and then camp a couple of nights waiting for the Terre Haute ISW race on the 24th let me know. We're thinking seriously about pulling the camper to Kokomo on July 18th and setting up there and going to Gas City the night of the 18th for the first night of ISW and Plymouth on the 19th for the second night and naturally we'll do the 3rd night at Kokomo on the 20th. We'll reluctantly skip The Burg and pull down to Terre Haute on the 21st and camp there 'till the morning of the 26th after the Putnamville ISW show. We'll have to skip the last 2 nights of ISW at Bloomington and Haubstadt to head over to Fairbury for the PDC. Luckily Fairbury is close enough to our house that we can run home from there to get additional provisions without having to go home with the camper! If you are going to camp somewhere in between The Burg and Terre Haute you'll probably find the Vigo County Fairgrounds campground to be pretty decent place to hang out for a couple of days. I believe they only charge $20.00 a night for electric and water hook ups and if you're getting there on Monday the 22nd there should easily be spots in the shade along the east edge of the fairgrounds campground. Let me know, we'll get together over there if you decide to camp at TH!
    looks like thats gonna be my plan..head to terre haute monday and stay there til fri...i have a small apex travel trailer with new jersey plates