Default Dale McDowell and Shaeffer's Southern Nationals...Why is he not running the series?

I noticed he ran Saturday night in VA but hasn't raced since. Anyone know why that is? Thanks in advance.

Hes saving his equiptment and prepairing for I 80 race
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

You put a lot of laps on equipment for not a lot of money in that series

Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    I noticed he ran Saturday night in VA but hasn't raced since. Anyone know why that is? Thanks in advance.
    Going to I-80

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated! What you say makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    You put a lot of laps on equipment for not a lot of money in that series
    A lot of the shows, they don’t even run heat races. Qualifying and feature are the only time they’re on the track.

That is true about less laps and no heat races on the $3500 to win shows. Butat $28-30 per lap to run these cars and you figure a 35 lap feature, 2 laps qualifying, and about four or five hot laps. That’s about 42 laps so roughly $1200 needed just to break even. Better finish in top two or three of those $3500 shows.

Teams like McDowell can't run those races for that money because it cost them more to operate. Those shows are just fine for our team as we travel in a dully and enclosed trailer and do not have all those expenses and yes we are not a top dollar team but we like to run supers when we can and we run the lesser paying events as to have to compete against those bigger teams at the big paying shows.

I wasn’t necessarily disagreeing with you about the money part, but I would be curious to know what it’d take for him to break even at I-80, with added expenses of traveling out there? I honestly don’t know how most of these guys can afford to keep racing.

Quote Originally Posted by LMNED10 View Post
    Teams like McDowell can't run those races for that money because it cost them more to operate. Those shows are just fine for our team as we travel in a dully and enclosed trailer and do not have all those expenses and yes we are not a top dollar team but we like to run supers when we can and we run the lesser paying events as to have to compete against those bigger teams.
    You guys are the ones keeping supers from becoming completely extinct in the south. Thank you for what you do. Believe me, us fans appreciate it more than you could ever know.

Default Cost per lap

I never even considered breaking it down like that.......cool stat.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thanks we run most SAS show here in the south and other regional deals and we do like the formats as it not that bad on our equipment and we can run it longer without major rebuilds. SAS only goes to tow tracks that still run supers weekly and the rest heave to come with the series and most guys I talk that run like the format too and that is why they support them