Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    If my memory serves me right, didn't Rumley/Davenport use the fansfund during their record setting year? I seem to remember they were not going to make the trip until they were voted in? Even during the big money year they had.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly though.
    No, JD was nowhere in the top 10 in 2015. Never used the Fans Fund.
    They did win the 50K, though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    No, JD was nowhere in the top 10 in 2015. Never used the Fans Fund.
    They did win the 50K, though lol.
    hmmm not sure why I was thinking that.

Hahaha... this is true.
    What was his last major win that involved more than the Summer Nationals?
    I honestly don't know. Meaning 20K or more race.
    In my opinion if your in the top 25 in the country you should be considered elite and I would put Shirley in that category. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    I wouldn't base elite status by the DOD rankings.
    And why not?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    In my opinion if your in the top 25 in the country you should be considered elite and I would put Shirley in that category. jmo
    All a matter of perspective I suppose.

All a matter of perspective I suppose.
    I can respect that!

There is less than 10 guys I would consider elite in my opinion and shirley isn't there.

In 2014 and 2016 JD got the Fansfund. It averages out to $1760 per driver with 15 @ $26,401 raised. U need to understand about 8 drivers need to be New and about 6 are AllStars and 1 from WOO for a total of 15 Cars. Weiss got the WOO Fansfund invite and he definitely was going to be at Cedar Lake. Cedar Lake is demographically a challenge and this makes it easier for the 15 drivers and there cost to get there. They race a Fansfund Main event on Friday night for all the money which is great for the Fans.

Here are your 2019 invites and I believe they are in order will the most votes on the top.
    Jason Feger AllStar
    Chris Simpson AllStar
    Brian Shirley AllStar
    Ricky Weiss WOO
    Bobby Pierce AllStar
    Rece Vaught NEW
    Paul Parker NEW
    Tyler Carpenter NEW
    Rick Eckert AllStar
    Dale McDowell AllStar
    Tyler Millwood NEW
    Chris Ferguson NEW
    Donald McIintosh NEW
    Colton Flinner NEW
    Kolby Vandenbergh NEW

So they money gets spilt evenly between the 15 drivers? Or a different spread threw the field

I think it gets spread out according to how you do in the fans fund race! I would be surprised if Eckert show's up. I think it's great and I certainly don't blame Pierce for mentioning it on face book. I would say Ferguson is the only new driver that has a chance to win but it's nice to see new drivers get invited that you would never see race there without the help of the fans fund!

FYI: you don't have to like his page to see that info...it's public.
    I really did stumble across it. I go clicking on crap sometimes and before I know it, I land on something that I start reading. I'm friends with lots of individuals involved in the racing world.
    That's how it happened. Believe it or don't.
    He won't, or can't believe it......never will be able too......it's hillarious actually.

And they wonder why?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    He won't, or can't believe it......never will be able too......it's hillarious actually.

And they wonder why?
    Yes, I'm apparently a pot stirrer

It’s pays differently on how you finish. Probably about $2200 To Win and about $1500 to start. Race is 10-12 laps and lined up with most votes in the front and least in the back.

Look only 49 cars are at I80 this weekend for a $12,000 To Win Thursday and a $53,000 To Win Saturday night. 15 of those cars are local so 34 cars are left that are running all over the Country to race. None of those locals will run the Cedar Lake USA Nationals so the Fansfund has become the backbone to getting there car count to respectability. Last year they had 50 or 52 Super Late Models and this year maybe only 45 who know’s. The extra 8 guys or so as the others were coming anyway is essential to the program. They get to race the Fansfund race for there money but there are know guarantees after that.

I agree...the Fans Fund works for these tracks that are more isolated and harder to travel to.
    I wish Cedar Lake and Greenwood would get higher car counts.
    That's why I said on another thread that I don't believe a track like FALS needs to have a Fans Fund. Their car count is plentiful.

with Shirley winning summer nationals points don't forget he doesn't get that $ til January at the banquet. an since bobby has 80k plus followers if they all gave him $2 each he could run a national tour.

Well I'd gI've him 50 I'd he asked for it, but he wouldn't do that, prob because some of those 90+ thousand followers are stalkers and haters, you know like some on here, who would just run here to start a 20 page thread about how he has no class to ask his fans for money...

for pdc I pay for a few pit passes for a team that's low budget. I have for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    ... some of those 90+ thousand followers are stalkers and haters, you know like some on here, who would just run here to start a 20 page thread about how he has no class to ask his fans for money...
    Agreed.

I think FALSuperman is one of the good posters on 4m, but he has a lengthy history of negative BP posts. This was just another one.