Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

At the end of the day... It sure was a fun race to watch! And another wild finish @ FALS...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Anybody know what the payout was for the top 5?
    1. 30000
    2. 10000
    3. 6000
    4. 5000
    5. 4000

Anybody know what the payout was for the top 5?
    http://www.fairburyspeedway.com/payo...sic_Payout.pdf

For us it was a fun weekend start to finish. I suspect it was for nearly everyone in attendance. Great weather. Plenty of fellowship, beer and comaraderie. Racing was, by all measures, very good. The finale' had everything late model fans come to see. A little drama, slam-bam action throughout the running order with a finish that had some questionable driving tactics depending on who's ox is being gored.

One thing is indisputable. Young Pierce has these bull rings figured out. He owns Macon and is approaching that threshold at Fairbury, as well.

Hope everyone had as good a time as we did! See ya'll next year!

2013 PDC was the best feature I’ve ever seen when Babb won over Pierce and McDowell. I do think this year was the best complete racing event start to finish that I’ve seen. The action in virtually every race both nights was incredible. Mod feature was the most calm race of the weekend and that still had Harrison knocking down the wall before he broke. FALS delivers every time.

Whoever is in charge of track prep at this joint should hold training schools for other tracks. Good night was that racy. The most impressive part is...they raced the daylites out of it all evening and the feature was still a thrill show. Masterful performance by the track prep team. Total AAA+ job. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by dch191 View Post
    1. 30000
    2. 10000
    3. 6000
    4. 5000
    5. 4000
    Thanks Dch!

Some comments I’ve seen and heard say the track prep is insufficient in the first place if a track requires rework during the night. Hogwash,,,,,,.
    I hate time trials.

If that shows how you pass than i will never bitch at bobby for doing it agen.. cause if they can crash him to win then he can do it to.

To the Crew of Fairbury ..How do you even say WoW.. what a job of Running and Preparing a show.. to the Town to the People and Crew Class act Class Town.. BAR none

It looked like Pierce had time to cross over or check up, just couldn’t because of power steering. Just because a guy slides somebody and contact is made, doesn’t mean it is dirty. Bobby said as much in his interview.

The increase in purse next year is odd to me, are they trying to get more people or cars? Because they don’t seem to have room currently for either.

Clearly most of you need to watch the interviews peirce said it was a perfectly clean slider he knew Brandon was their the whole time. He tried to turn off the cushion but couldn't because of his steering issues he fought all weekend. So he throttled up (which he also said was the wrong thing to do in any normal circumstance) in hopes that Brandon might leave a lane in an attempt to block the crossover. Congrats to bshepp and Bobby for putting on a great show and bravo peirce for telling it how it is after the race instead of playing the (he wrecked me card)

Bobby didn't play the card , but somebody else in here already did........I'm going with Bobbys version.

Was a fun race to watch and mean no disrespect to any track out there that hosts big prestigious races but y'all better watch out.......the pdc is knocking down the door at becoming one of the most prestigious races of the year to win.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

LMMS24, I don’t think it is about attracting more fans or cars. I think Fairbury is just trying to pay more back to the racers. They have been doing it all year on the weekly shows and the PDC pay increase is just an extension of that. I’m not sure you will see an increase in car count, but the prestige of the event is definitely going to increase.

I can see that. In the announcement they mentioned how they wanted to make it”a true crown jewel.” But with this increase in purse, they might see and increase of fans and something will need to be done about seating.

Within late model ranks the prevailing thinking seems to be most anything goes on the last lap, especially at the smaller tracks. On the surface it appears that young Pierce is accepting of the fact that when you are leading and someone is within striking distance (pun intended) the leader is at a bit of a disadvantage. I do not have any particular feelings pro or con about young Pierce but I do commend him for appearing to be comfortable with the "anything goes" atmosphere. He'll no doubt deem it justified when it's the other way around, and he'll be correct.

If Sheppard hadn't done what he did to win we'd have much less to pontificate about this fine Sunday morning. The unwritten rules became just a wee bit clearer last night at Fairbury. Good thing? Bad thing? That remains in the eye of the beholder.

Bobby kept his interview clean remember what cars he drives and sell!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Default Pot meet kettle

Sheppard crashes Bobby, dirtiest slider ever, way dirtier than any Pierce had ever done...great race till then...
    If that ain’t the pot calling the kettle black. I knew when that sh!t come back to bite Bobby, y’all would cry a river. And ya did. We could make a collage of Bobby’s sh!tty sliders for ya. Bobby knew it was coming, and your logic is, as you’ve stated oh every dam time, just stop and turn under them, Bobby didn’t, for good reason, but he didn’t.

Don’t like it now, do ya?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Not taking a side here. No dog in the fight...but if the situation were reversed, I’m sure the 32 woulda thrown it into turn 3 balls out. It’s big boy racing. I’m sure he knew the 1 car may very well do what he did. It was a heck of a show. The fans lost their minds over it and loved it. They pay the bills. It was a win-win for everybody. Even the 32 car in the big picture. It bolsters both drivers fan base which keeps the seats full. Excellent job by the Legion, Fair board, and all the workers. They really have a gem here.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    Im not there but love watching noth these guys but why dont the series throw black flags for rough driving like that even if he is point leader if its a b.s move then use the f ing black flag or keep the black flag at home not just this series but all series
    Now we throw black flags for sh!tty moves? Since when? Y’all cheered when this stuff happened to fill in the blank, not your favorite driver, but shoes on the other foot and it’s WWIII. I don’t like it, but hey, y’all cheer on aggressive, so there it is.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.