Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Yes I did say that, right when it happened in the heat of the moment. Was it the dirtiest ever, no. But that's the same move that you guys have been berating Bobby and his fans for years about. I'm just wondering where all the outrage is for this move? Hatersgonnahate...
    You a Joke that ant funny. and someone keeps tell it over and over and NO one is LOL . you think you stop telling that Joke. But no here it is once more and it STILL is not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Sux for Bobby to lose that way especially after he put on another clinic in a long race, but I'm sure he will learn from it and move on to the next race.

Others however, not so much.
    No doubt. He was the class of the field and it has to sting.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    No doubt. He was the class of the field and it has to sting.
    Bobby Drove the race last night and i loved watching it. But in the end someone wanted it more and was in the spot to take it, and he toke it. made for a great race. next one Bobby power S maybe working and the out come will change. THAT why i watch..

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    For us it was a fun weekend start to finish. I suspect it was for nearly everyone in attendance. Great weather. Plenty of fellowship, beer and comaraderie. Racing was, by all measures, very good. The finale' had everything late model fans come to see. A little drama, slam-bam action throughout the running order with a finish that had some questionable driving tactics depending on who's ox is being gored.

One thing is indisputable. Young Pierce has these bull rings figured out. He owns Macon and is approaching that threshold at Fairbury, as well.

Hope everyone had as good a time as we did! See ya'll next year!
    I think certain fanatical fans didn't like the older ox's stiffer horn!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I think certain fanatical fans didn't like the older ox's stiffer horn!
    They need to learn that when you fight with knifes someone sometimes get Cut. Older guy did the cutting last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    They need to learn that when you fight with knifes someone sometimes get Cut. Older guy did the cutting last night.
    yep, he sure did!

Wasn't the cleanest slider but definitely not the worst one either! Its easier to give a pass to someone like Bshep that has a reputation for being a clean driver! Bobby was def the class of the field until the last restart!

The One thing most dont get If bobby had no PS last night the fact he was in it at the end is the big story

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I've grown up in this sport, and I've never thought it acceptable to use someone up for the win unless they had it coming.
    I also grew up around the sport and I feel 100% the same. However, things seem to be somewhat more relaxed and "doing what it takes to win" has become the accepted mantra of the present day fandom. Cost of competition is part of the reason and the perceived entertainment factor for the fans, during and for days and weeks following these incidents also comes into play. There seems to be a widely held sentiment among the fandom that if "our guy" wins we really don't care how. As I said earlier, if it's okay with the competitors and the people in charge of the sanctions and racetracks then it's perfectly okay with me. It makes for great conversation during and after the racing is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I also grew up around the sport and I feel 100% the same. However, things seem to be somewhat more relaxed and "doing what it takes to win" has become the accepted mantra of the present day fandom. Cost of competition is part of the reason and the perceived entertainment factor for the fans, during and for days and weeks following these incidents also comes into play. There seems to be a widely held sentiment among the fandom that if "our guy" wins we really don't care how. As I said earlier, if it's okay with the competitors and the people in charge of the sanctions and racetracks then it's perfectly okay with me. It makes for great conversation during and after the racing is completed.
    Yep if all people say thats how it works then thats how it works .. lets go racing

CIRF NASCAR said let them go at it and the fans loved it .. they stop it and the downward they went. People want them to fight for the win and now they are Live with it..

hey Illtsate32 , thanks for that plug about my man owen,s , maybe next time , his "junk" will be fast enough to stay out of the way.... and as bbq would say " and you wander why" .........

Sheppard didn’t do anything Bobby wouldn’t do and Bobby knows that. This is why there is no beef between Bobby and Brandon. It’s not anywhere near as complicated as some of you usual suspects are trying to make it seem.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

LET THEM RACE it is what it is, we know the whats allowed now, So easy to see

I really dont understand how anybody could call that a "dirty" slider.As long as the rear end of the car pulling the slider clears the front of the other car it is "clean" That is exactly what happened here.If Bobby's power steering was working he had plenty of time to do a crossover.Some of you guys obviously haven't watched very many sprint car or midget races because slide jobs like this one happen all the time.Granted it isn't as common in late models.but it really doesn't get any cleaner than the one Brandon pulled.Neither driver is a favorite of mine but they are both great race car drivers.

Bobby and Brandon are ok with it END OF STORY, NEXT RACE

Yes I did say that, right when it happened in the heat of the moment. Was it the dirtiest ever, no. But that's the same move that you guys have been berating Bobby and his fans for years about. I'm just wondering where all the outrage is for this move? Hatersgonnahate...
    And deniers gonna deny..............and you're always gonna wonder why, why,why???

And ps....heat of the moment or not, you said it ....and then after you cooled down , got your thoughts together and had time to think about stuff you continued to say idiotic things like " I didn't complain about it at all"......knowing dam well you had?

You ain't shy about your Bobby passion but You're one confusing fella.,Was a good weekend of racing and your guy got a small dose of his own medicine, that's all.

Sort of like you do on 4m every day.......Bobbys handles it with more style and grace though.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Sheppard crashes Bobby, dirtiest slider ever, way dirtier than any Pierce had ever done...great race till then...
    Bobby may not have had power steering, but he did have brakes, isn't that what you say when Bobby does a slider like that to other drivers is that they should of used the brakes and then get back on the gas. Lmao

Only thing that would've made that deal better last night is if Marlar was a little closer and snuck through to snatch the win.

That said, couple reactions I have.
    1) B-Shepp did not "use" Bobby up. He didn't ride him up into the wall, pin him there, and destroy Bobby's car in the process. It was a questionable slider, that ended in contact. Nobody went off on the hook afterwards. Bobby, by his own admission, hit the gas and hoped for the best b/c he couldn't cross-over with no p/s.

2) Bobby handled it well afterwards, and if/when the shoe is on the other foot, B-Shepp knows Pierce is gonna give him everything he has for the "W." And the expectation should be for Brandon to handle it the same way afterwards.

3) Two, young, talented IL drivers, trying to WIN a BIG race at an IL bullring they both cut their teeth on. Winning the PDC is a big deal for any driver...winning the PDC as an IL driver, who grew up at the joint, watched their Dads battle there, and are now doing the same...really big deal.

4) If it wasn't a good race and spectacular finish, nobody would be talking about it like we are now. Nascar wishes they could put on a race like that.

5) Arguably, the two best young guns in the sport, gave each other and the fans their best shot. B-Shepp won this round, but there will be dozens of future battles for years to come.
    B-shepp/Pierce is Bloomquist/Moyer 2.0, only I believe Brandon and Bobby have more mutual respect for one another.

Feel free to disagree on any of my reactions above, but it's undeniable, Fairbury was the big winner last night and for years to come.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Only thing that would've made that deal better last night is if Marlar was a little closer and snuck through to snatch the win.That said, couple reactions I have.1) B-Shepp did not "use" Bobby up. He didn't ride him up into the wall, pin him there, and destroy Bobby's car in the process. It was a questionable slider, that ended in contact. Nobody went off on the hook afterwards. Bobby, by his own admission, hit the gas and hoped for the best b/c he couldn't cross-over with no p/s.2) Bobby handled it well afterwards, and if/when the shoe is on the other foot, B-Shepp knows Pierce is gonna give him everything he has for the "W." And the expectation should be for Brandon to handle it the same way afterwards.3) Two, young, talented IL drivers, trying to WIN a BIG race at an IL bullring they both cut their teeth on. Winning the PDC is a big deal for any driver...winning the PDC as an IL driver, who grew up at the joint, watched their Dads battle there, and are now doing the same...really big deal.4) If it wasn't a good race and spectacular finish, nobody would be talking about it like we are now. Nascar wishes they could put on a race like that.5) Arguably, the two best young guns in the sport, gave each other and the fans their best shot. B-Shepp won this round, but there will be dozens of future battles for years to come. B-shepp/Pierce is Bloomquist/Moyer 2.0, only I believe Brandon and Bobby have more mutual respect for one another.Feel free to disagree on any of my reactions above, but it's undeniable, Fairbury was the big winner last night and for years to come.
    Very well said!...

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    hey Illtsate32 , thanks for that plug about my man owen,s , maybe next time , his "junk" will be fast enough to stay out of the way.... and as bbq would say " and you wander why" .........
    Another thing I said in the heat of the moment. Of course I don't think Owens is junk, but he was driving like he was racing for the lead and he was just lap traffic...