Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeah I figure that's how the calendar falls next year. we had a great time. I just wish they would have said who was going to be on sauve talk as I didn't go up but would have if I knew babb was going to be interviewed.

In my personal opinion. I like the track just the way it is. They do have an option to add a few seats on the back straightaway and that is to connect the two separate grandstands on each side of the beer garden and put a small section of seats over the top of that area. Make it one long grandstand area. The middle section just having a couple of (maybe 3-4) rows above the beer area. It may only help about 40-50 people have seats but at least it something which is better then nothing at all. Just a thought I've been thinking about to help increase capacity.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    yeah I figure that's how the calendar falls next year. we had a great time. I just wish they would have said who was going to be on sauve talk as I didn't go up but would have if I knew babb was going to be interviewed.
    They like to suprise people with Suave Talk.
    One of the perks to showing up live that the PPV doesn't get to see.

It seems step 1 to expanding the facility is finding where to park the extra capacity. We got there at 2:30 on Saturday & the school grounds were close to full then. If they acquire more land, that frees them up a fair amount. More land would give them more room to play with in the area of seating. They definitely have room on either side to put up bigger stands if they aren't using those areas for parking. Just takes more $$.

It is quite obvious that Matt Curl & his staff know what the heck they are doing so I am just going to assume he has a good plan in place. I could see them turning it into a smaller version of a Knoxville type of setup with good sized bleachers on both sides.

I am going to qualify this as unsubstantiated because I did not see them myself but from a very reliable source I was told that new bleachers are already on the grounds (purchased from a high school in Kokomo, Ind.) and that the on-going sewer project in Fairbury will go through the speedway grounds and that fill dirt from this project will be used to raise the new bleachers off of the ground. I do not know where Matt plans on putting them. My guess is turn one.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT THAT HAD FOLKS TALKING
    THE PRAIRIE DIRT CLASSIC GOT A TOTAL PURSE BOOST.

Fairbury American Legion Speedway
    Fairbury, Illinois
    31st Annual Prairie Dirt Classic
    Friday, July 31st & Saturday, August 1st 2020
    $50,000 to win & $2,000 to start.
    First I will ask...Why? Its not needed. Its a sellout, its a great race that pays enough. 72 cars showed up for what they pay now.

Next, are they adding seats or just raise the ticket/pit costs?

Asking for a friend.

I thought they might go back to heats on Friday... That has to be a $20k purse in itself right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    First I will ask...Why? Its not needed. Its a sellout, its a great race that pays enough. 72 cars showed up for what they pay now.Next, are they adding seats or just raise the ticket/pit costs?Asking for a friend.
    I highly doubt it is about raising ticket prices. Look what they did with the weekly shows. Higher payouts and $10 tickets. Who knows.....it might go up a little bit, and I’d happily pay a little more. With the sposnships they have I would not expect a large bump.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    First I will ask...Why? Its not needed. Its a sellout, its a great race that pays enough. 72 cars showed up for what they pay now.

Next, are they adding seats or just raise the ticket/pit costs?

Asking for a friend.
    Because they can. It’s about putting more money back to the drivers and teams that help support the show. As far as seats go I’m sure Matt Curl and staff have a plan in place to add seat down the road. This years race weekend was great.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Does anyone know when tickets went on sale for this years race? Would like to know when to expect them to go on sale for 2020.

Previous years they send out renewal notices to the ones that have reserved camping and reserved seats the first week of March then what doesnt get renewed goes on Sale the first week in april usually mid week like a tuesday. Just watch the website and facebook around that time for more information as they may change things not for sure though.

March 1st for renewals...
    This is from 2019 email:

The deadline for renewals is March 24th at 5pm. NO EXCEPTIONS. You are responsible to purchase all of your desired seats and camping sites. Any items not renewed during the priority window will be offered to the general public on April 2nd at 10am.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Shannon was the opening act for the Flatland Flash
    8/13/16