Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not backing off the statement that he was unlikely to win a World 100. But of course to you he wears a Superman cape and flies from Indy to Daytona after winning them both on the same day...And then copping a WORLD 100 just by dropping in once a year to run against all of the best in the nation. It didn't happen...

What a pedestal you have built for this man!!!!!

I also watched all of his World 100 appearances, what few there were.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't hear about tire management in sprint cars like I do Late Models.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-03-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I'm not backing off the statement that he was unlikely to win a World 100. But of course to you he wears a Superman cape and flies from Indy to Daytona after winning them both on the same day...And then copping a WORLD 100 just by dropping in once a year to run against all of the best in the nation. It didn't happen... What a pedestal you have built for this man!!!!! I also watched all of his World 100 appearances, what few there were. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't hear about tire management in sprint cars like I do Late Models.
    Jack Hewett was wearing Jonathon Davenports clothing ? ? ?

I'm not backing off the statement that he was unlikely to win a World 100. But of course to you he wears a Superman cape and flies from Indy to Daytona after winning them both on the same day...And then copping a WORLD 100 just by dropping in once a year to run against all of the best in the nation. It didn't happen...

What a pedestal you have built for this man!!!!!

I also watched all of his World 100 appearances, what few there were.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't hear about tire management in sprint cars like I do Late Models.
    First off you are obviously full of chit, Terry. I still like ya' but you are and I think you know you are. You're more suited to making jokes, cracking wise and posting mildly amusing pictures than debate an indefensible position with your pseudo clever nonsense. It's impossible to take you seriously when you have not the slightest clue what you're talking about. You're way outa' your league on this one.

Second, nothing races at Indy on the same day as any of the races at Daytona. But it's your fantasy so have fun with it! LOL!

I was at Eldora for all of his World's and Dreams's. There were 8 of them altogether. That's more than a few to those who harbor a lick of sense!

Jack don't wear no superman cape in my eyes. I've know him and we've been friends for over 30 years. He's as much of a common man as anyone I know, or ever have known, in racing or otherwise and always has been. That's partially why he's universally loved, even by race fans like you who have never met him.

Last but not least, you're wrong and I'm correcting you! USAC Silver Crown cars are NOT sprint cars, fool! They are a completely different type car and race 100 miles on 1 mile dirt tracks, not just 100 laps on a 1/2 mile track that isn't really a true half mile. The SC cars are most famous for requiring extraordinary tire and equipment management to win in them and even the most idiotic race fan knows that, but you seem to be the exception. LOL!! Take your head out of your ass or the sand (take your pick) and figure out what you're talking about prior to regurgitating stupid chit that only makes yourself look like a dullard. In this case egg on your face becomes you, ol' buddy!

If you are determined to persist with this BS that's your prerogative, but you're only gonna' continue to make yourself look trivial and silly, Terry. But, unlike TS FAN/power boy/gutless wonder, you're willing to state your case in spite of how ill-conceived it is. You at least have that goin' on! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    First off you are obviously full of chit, Terry. I still like ya' but you are and I think you know you are. You're more suited to making jokes, cracking wise and posting mildly amusing pictures than debate an indefensible position with your pseudo clever nonsense. It's impossible to take you seriously when you have not the slightest clue what you're talking about. You're way outa' your league on this one.

Second, nothing races at Indy on the same day as any of the races at Daytona. But it's your fantasy so have fun with it! LOL!

I was at Eldora for all of his World's and Dreams's. There were 8 of them altogether. That's more than a few to those who harbor a lick of sense!

Jack don't wear no superman cape in my eyes. I've know him and we've been friends for over 30 years. He's as much of a common man as anyone I know, or ever have known, in racing or otherwise and always has been. That's partially why he's universally loved, even by race fans like you who have never met him.

Last but not least, you're wrong and I'm correcting you! USAC Silver Crown cars are NOT sprint cars, fool! They are a completely different type car and race 100 miles on 1 mile dirt tracks, not just 100 laps on a 1/2 mile track that isn't really a true half mile. The SC cars are most famous for requiring extraordinary tire and equipment management to win in them and even the most idiotic race fan knows that, but you seem to be the exception. LOL!! Take your head out of your ass or the sand (take your pick) and figure out what you're talking about prior to regurgitating stupid chit that only makes yourself look like a dullard. In this case egg on your face becomes you, ol' buddy!

If you are determined to persist with this BS that's your prerogative, but you're only gonna' continue to make yourself look trivial and silly, Terry. But, unlike TS FAN/power boy/gutless wonder, you're willing to state your case in spite of how ill-conceived it is. You at least have that goin' on! LOL!
    Sorry you can't accept a different opinion. I was there and maybe you need some glasses that are not so rose colored. Trying to degrade me just because I dealt you some reality? Have at it.

Thanks for the insults, yes I'm sure you're a good friend. Until someone differs with you I guess.

I'm not persisting with any BS. I'm simply giving an opinion that you can't deal with without insulting and trying cut into my character. Pretty petty on your part.

All I said was that I didn't think he would win the World 100 on any of his appearance there and you have to unload on me to such extremes? Man, that's pretty messed up. You seem to really be bent out of shape.

Sorry you have to be such a prick about it.

I don't go to sprint races or any of those open wheelers so you should know about them more than I do. And Hewitt did have tire issues at the World 100. You can say the car that he had that should have won if you like but there is no way of knowing since it was wrecked by Bloomquist. You imply Bloomquist wrecked him. And I'll bet it was on purpose, right? Anyway the car was out and I just wish it hadn't been wrecked now, so that we could have seen how it finished. Not first, I would have bet on that....

Do I need to post a funny pic or smiley since I'm your new court jester???

CIRF you really took this all way too serious.

Sorry you can't accept a different opinion. I was there and maybe you need some glasses that are not so rose colored. Trying to degrade me just because I dealt you some reality? Have at it.

Thanks for the insults, yes I'm sure you're a good friend. Until someone differs with you I guess.

I'm not persisting with any BS. I'm simply giving an opinion that you can't deal with without insulting and trying cut into my character. Pretty petty on your part.

All I said was that I didn't think he would win the World 100 on any of his appearance there and you have to unload on me to such extremes? Man, that's pretty messed up. You seem to really be bent out of shape.

Sorry you have to be such a prick about it.

I don't go to sprint races or any of those open wheelers so you should know about them more than I do. And Hewitt did have tire issues at the World 100. You can say the car that he had that should have won if you like but there is no way of knowing since it was wrecked by Bloomquist. You imply Bloomquist wrecked him. And I'll bet it was on purpose, right? Anyway the car was out and I just wish it hadn't been wrecked now, so that we could have seen how it finished. Not first, I would have bet on that....

Do I need to post a funny pic or smiley since I'm your new court jester???
    CIRF you really took this all way too serious.
    Just tellin' it like it is, Terry. No rose colored classes needed. You either know what you're talking about, or you don't, and you don't.

Your reality is in an alternate universe. For that I don't need to degrade you, you do plenty good enough job of that all by yourself by not having a clue what you're talkin' about.

Your welcome for the insults, as well. If you can dish it out ya' oughta' be able to absorb some in return, don't ya' think?

What you think in regards to who is or isn't capable of winning is tainted by the fact that you don't know what you're talking about and that is indisputable. See thinking Silver Crown cars are sprint cars.

Me being a prick? Revisit definition of dishing it out and taking it.

Tire and equipment management was not a shortcoming. Those 10 wins of 100 mile/100 lap races in Silver Crown cars (not sprint cars!!!) which are extremely reactive to proper in race management are iron clad proof. If there were tire management problems in a late model it wasn't due to lack of talent, experience or expertise in that department. What is it that you don't grasp regarding that subject. It's unclear whether your disdain for open wheel cars is the result of ignorance or the classic tunnel visioned late model fan inferiority complex. LOL!

I don't imply snort did the wreckin' on purpose, the guy who's car got junked and sustained a broken wrist as a result seemed to believe there was a degree of ill intent on the part of snort and snort must have had a bit of a guilty conscience 'cause he stayed well far away from said driver for quite a while after. I have no way of knowing one way or the other but those two drivers do. One is my friend and I'll take his word for it until further clarification.

I too wish that car had not been wrecked because the driver is on record as believing that car had the best opportunity of winning one of the big late model races at Eldora and since he's the winningest driver in the history of Eldora and had a NASCAR team do a tribute paint scheme in his honor I'll take his word for it and you prolly should too. But I doubt you will.

Terry, my reactions are solidly based upon your reactions. If you want to crack wise with erroneous information I will point out the erroneous information and reciprocate in kind to the cracking wise. Fair enough? Oh, and I really still do like ya'! LOL!

Oh Goody, goody, goody ! ! ! ! This reminds me of the time on M*A*S*H when Hawkeye and B.J. staged a falling out just to please mean old Frank Burns on his birthday !

.......... I just moved out of the swamp, and took the still with me!!!!

Where the H did I say Silver Crown cars were the same as sprint cars??? You have to make stuff up too???
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-08-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Umm, I didn't see where anyone said Silver Crown cars were the same as Sprint Cars ? I must have missed something ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-18-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Special Edition National Sprint Car Poll: "25 Greatest Sprint Car Drivers of the 1900's"

Rank Driver (First Place Votes) Hometown/State Points

1. Steve Kinser (28) Bloomington, Ind. 3,519
    2. Tommy Hinner(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)z ( 6) deceased 2,127
    3. A.J. Foyt ( 5) Houston, Tex. 1,863
    4. Jan Opperman ( 6) deceased 1,757
    5. Ted Horn ( 1) deceased 1,235
    6. Parnelli Jones ( 3) Torrance, Calif. 910
    7. Sammy Swindell Memphis, Tenn. 704
    8. Doug Wolfgang Sioux Falls, S.D. 703
    9. Rex Mays ( 2) deceased 648
    10. Larry (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son Marietta, Ohio 504
    11. Kenny Weld deceased 496
    12. Duane "Pancho" Carter ( 1) Brownsburg, Ind. 464
    13. Gary Bettenhausen Monrovia, Ind. 458
    14. Bobby Grim ( 1) deceased 442
    15. Troy Ruttman ( 1) deceased 431
    16. Gus Schrader deceased 395
    17. Jim Hurtubise deceased 366
    18. Jud Larson deceased 357
    19. Jack Hewitt Troy, Ohio 281
    20. Tony Willman ( 1) deceased 280
    21. Frank Lockhart ( 2) deceased 257
    22. Rick Ferkel Tiffin, Ohio 249