Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart

Ya'll visit his track this fall. hahahahahahaaa

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    cnbf, the Daytona thing back in '06 was a real gem but I can top the Daytona hypocrisy. A few weeks ago at Wayne County Speedway in Ohio at the Ohio Speeweek event Stewart was racing with his ASCoC winged 410 sprint car series. At the start of the A-main ol' Stewy got crossed up with another car and came to a stop in turn #1. In all his glory of ironic wisdom/stupidity (ya'll make the call) he immediately jumps out of his car and walks down the track towards the moving car as it came around on yellow. Stewy gets within 4 or 5 feet of the moving car that "wronged" him and flips the driver off. This is NOT hearsay! The whole incident is forever, and clearly documented, on SpeedshiftTV video. As a result, Stewy sternly fined himself $500.00 and put himself on probation for 60 days, or something like that. That also is documented. Lucky for Stewy the other driver didn't mash the throttle as he passed by Stewy. I reckon the guy wasn't trying to prove any points. Too bad Stewy didn't show Kevin Ward Jr. the same courtesy. Stewart is a "dish it out, but can't take it" kind of guy. It's been that way from the get-go of his career. When it comes to out of control altercations it's one coincidence after another, isn't it!
    As always I respect your word as well or probably better than anyone on 4m , BUT , do you think it was really Tonys fault ? I mean { Tonys favorite catch phase because sometimes he says it multiple times in a sentence and starts so many sentences with it aka I mean, I mean , I mean, I mean etc } don't you know that in every instance that ever was recorded that nothing that ever happened on the track has never been his fault according to him and the dissy fans that cling on his every word ?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    cnbf, the Daytona thing back in '06 was a real gem but I can top the Daytona hypocrisy. A few weeks ago at Wayne County Speedway in Ohio at the Ohio Speeweek event Stewart was racing with his ASCoC winged 410 sprint car series. At the start of the A-main ol' Stewy got crossed up with another car and came to a stop in turn #1. In all his glory of ironic wisdom/stupidity (ya'll make the call) he immediately jumps out of his car and walks down the track towards the moving car as it came around on yellow. Stewy gets within 4 or 5 feet of the moving car that "wronged" him and flips the driver off. This is NOT hearsay! The whole incident is forever, and clearly documented, on SpeedshiftTV video. As a result, Stewy sternly fined himself $500.00 and put himself on probation for 60 days, or something like that. That also is documented. Lucky for Stewy the other driver didn't mash the throttle as he passed by Stewy. I reckon the guy wasn't trying to prove any points. Too bad Stewy didn't show Kevin Ward Jr. the same courtesy. Stewart is a "dish it out, but can't take it" kind of guy. It's been that way from the get-go of his career. When it comes to out of control altercations it's one coincidence after another, isn't it!
    True, So very true, And more proof that he chooses his fights wisely ! Taint it funny that if another car pacing at low speed would have steered toward him and gunned it , and ran over Tony as he was out on the track, his die hard fans would have said that it was the other guys fault ? Even after Stewart was proven guilty by a non liberal jury, these fans haven't stepped forward and said " By God I was WRONG because by common sense and law there is no doubt that Stewart was at fault ? Unreal !!!

He's a throwback. How much crap would've a guy like AJ Foyt gotten into if social media and camera phones would've been around when he was running USAC shows all over the place? Many, many first hand accounts of him beating the hell out of other drivers, fans, crew guys, etc. in those years.

The only issue I have with this is that Stewart has never fully understood how quickly stuff like this can get shared. It amazes me that he hasn't picked up on that yet....but at the same time it is a bit refreshing seeing a driver show emotions regardless if they are good or bad. Too much cookie cutter corporate robotic mentalities everywhere.

As to the idea that he is overrated...um...no. Two things stand out. The first was him starting dead freaking last in a DIRT modified show at Volusia around 20 years ago. The guy starts last and within 8 laps is in the top 3. The other was when he made an appearance at a UMP show and hopped in a two seater late model and hot lapped it. With a passenger next to him and driving a car that weighed 2600 pounds he hot laps the dang thing and would've set fast time in it. That was with guys like Bloomquist, Moyer, Weaver, Moran, Mars, and Babb running in that show.

Wait, wait, wait a minute.

You mean to tell me TS got into an altercation at a racetrack.

I suppose next y'all are going to tell us there was a riot at a European soccer game.

I'll believe it after we land on the moon.😂

https://racingnews.co/2019/07/30/bow...drivers-video/

I think Tony has a secret Shooter Mcgavin that follows him around that hires a guy to holler "jack@ss" to get him bent up at. Then stands back and records it. I for one don't blame Tony for for putting his fist upside the guys head. You come into a guys pit stall and keep flopping your chops, that's basically just asking for it IMO

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by gjohnston View Post
    He's a throwback. How much crap would've a guy like AJ Foyt gotten into if social media and camera phones would've been around when he was running USAC shows all over the place? Many, many first hand accounts of him beating the hell out of other drivers, fans, crew guys, etc. in those years. The only issue I have with this is that Stewart has never fully understood how quickly stuff like this can get shared. It amazes me that he hasn't picked up on that yet....but at the same time it is a bit refreshing seeing a driver show emotions regardless if they are good or bad. Too much cookie cutter corporate robotic mentalities everywhere. As to the idea that he is overrated...um...no. Two things stand out. The first was him starting dead freaking last in a DIRT modified show at Volusia around 20 years ago. The guy starts last and within 8 laps is in the top 3. The other was when he made an appearance at a UMP show and hopped in a two seater late model and hot lapped it. With a passenger next to him and driving a car that weighed 2600 pounds he hot laps the dang thing and would've set fast time in it. That was with guys like Bloomquist, Moyer, Weaver, Moran, Mars, and Babb running in that show.
    Throwback, throwback you say ? A. j. Foyt, The Allisons, The Yarbourghs, Jimmy Spencer etc would fight anybody, even Godzilla if it was something that really ticked them off. Tony however chooses his fights carefully. A 98 pound runt carrying a large tv camera, a young not wet behind the ears rookie, or a young defenseless young teenager, or in this case an obese drunken, and wheesy fan. If he had been a throwback in that era one of the old timers would have torn him a new one in a New York minute and that would have been the end of his temper tantrums. It kind of sounds like he grew up a spoiled brat that didn't get any type of punishment is how he came to get his holier than thou attitude ?

https://racingnews.co/2019/07/30/bow...drivers-video/

I think Tony has a secret Shooter Mcgavin that follows him around that hires a guy to holler "jack@ss." Then pulls out his phone watches get him bent up and records it. I for one don't blame Tony for for putting his fist upside the guys head. You come into a guys pit stall and keep flopping your chops, that's basically just asking for it IMO

In reference to C n B's first post about Tony spouting off about people being out of control at the big tracks , he then later turns around and caused the biggest pile up with the most cars in history at Talladega ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    If he had been a throwback in that era one of the old timers would have torn him a new one in a New York minute and that would have been the end of his temper tantrums. It kind of sounds like he grew up a spoiled brat that didn't get any type of punishment is how he came to get his holier than thou attitude ?
    I'm not a huge Tony Stewart fan, but I will say that the spoiled kids I know are more the ones who run their mouths and then run to the police or post videos on social media when someone pops them in the mouth for it.

I get the fact that Tony does find himself in these situations more than most, but I think in today's society there would be alot of old timers having the same problems. This stuff was alot less common 30 years ago because folks knew they would be missing teeth if they flapped their gums within arms length of the wrong guy and you never knew who the 'wrong guy' was. In this instance, the guy wanted attention and he found it.

top 10 best driver ive seen thru the years. but i cant stand that dude. he should of learned by now but he hasnt. f#$% him.

I would have done the exact same thing except probably quicker

it was a shame the Home Depot crew came to the pudgy ones rescue in 2000 during Daytona 500 practice. Smoke was his usual a$$hole self sending Robby Gordon for a wild ride. The chubby one shoved Robby as he was waling off and in a flash Robby had him by the collar with both hands. Smokes eyes were as big as saucers. he knew he jacked with the wrong cat and the thumping was about to happen. Hate it Robby didn't get to flatten his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Ya'll visit his track this fall. hahahahahahaaa
    Sure I will. He has done a lot for dirt racing and Eldora. Doesn’t change the fact he’s still an ahole. Now he started this sh!t with me, which I never am that guy trying to ask for a fight, then yeah, I wouldn’t return. But I have no use in talking to him, just visit his track and thank God he has done good things with it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    It ant the 60s no more you just cant hit someone cause they railing on you. Tony needs to go back to his Cave and think about it.. I hope he Did brake his hand boy dont even know how to punch someone. Its coming when he gos after someone and they Pound him in to sand. At Danville the Cops saved him cause the one he went after would of Hurt him if not for the Cops. one cop pushed off the cry baby and 4 cops had a hard time keeping back the guy that want to hurt him. I was there and Tony was the one that was WRONG.
    You're right, It's not the 60's anymore. If you feel popping someone in the same gums they were flapping unnecessarily is wrong.... well, then we are on complete opposite sides of the argument. This world has gone crazy because everyone has 'rights' and nobody carries any responsibility. Turn on your evening news and tell me that we are in a better place today with our 'everyone deserves respect' attitude than we were in the 60's when you had to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    You're right, It's not the 60's anymore. If you feel popping someone in the same gums they were flapping unnecessarily is wrong.... well, then we are on complete opposite sides of the argument. This world has gone crazy because everyone has 'rights' and nobody carries any responsibility. Turn on your evening news and tell me that we are in a better place today with our 'everyone deserves respect' attitude than we were in the 60's when you had to earn it.
    Nobody wants to hear the truth anymore....but they all want the participation trophy as if they earned it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If Tony wants to punch me in the mouth, I could use a few hundred thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Nobody wants to hear the truth anymore....but they all want the participation trophy as if they earned it.
    I agree. I understand the hatred for Tony, but in this particular case I'm not going to say he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    If Tony wants to punch me in the mouth, I could use a few hundred thousand dollars.
    Lol..... and that is what this nonsense is all about. If Chuck Hummer does the same thing and you'd never know it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I agree. I understand the hatred for Tony, but in this particular case I'm not going to say he was wrong.
    Didn't figure you would, and it's really not your place to say one way or the other based on a 30 second bad video clip.....you probably had to be there or spoke to someone who actually was to make a better determination.

Tony did what Tony does......that's about it.

How is it you understand the hatred for Tony so willingly?
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 07-31-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????