Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    While i don't disagree with any of what you're saying here and i agree he is a hell of a wheel man. Max may not be a millionaire but some body close to him has to be.i don't personally know them but i know this when they come south to run the battle of the bay races the roll in with two 500+thousand dollar motor coaches and a matching Blacked out stacker and toter home. And i don't hold that against him im just saying he lacks not for funding
    The 2 motorhomes are his inlaws, and one of his sponsors(Murphy's Logging.)His in-laws own a huge dairy farm just outside of Freedom Motorsports Park in NY. The toter he and his dad got not all that long ago. I can guarantee you nobody involved there is a millionaire, at least as far as I know. They just bust their butt to get where they are. But he definetly doesn't have the money to just go and travel and risk not getting squat in return. Part of the game I guess. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him go further to see what he can do, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy watching him and Dave Scott duel it out up here.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    The 2 motorhomes are his inlaws, and one of his sponsors(Murphy's Logging.)His in-laws own a huge dairy farm just outside of Freedom Motorsports Park in NY. The toter he and his dad got not all that long ago. I can guarantee you nobody involved there is a millionaire, at least as far as I know. They just bust their butt to get where they are. But he definetly doesn't have the money to just go and travel and risk not getting squat in return. Part of the game I guess. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him go further to see what he can do, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy watching him and Dave Scott duel it out up here.
    His rig is old, and I don’t even think he owns it.. has NY plates

I've never seen someone get as much HATE as he does for simply wanting to do the smart thing and race close to home. Hell, if I raced and did it for a living i'd do the same. You have to be smart. And the fact he can do it, is why so many people dislike him.
    Never seen the kid race but somebody must like him. He's sure cleaning house in the fans fund voting for the Dirt Million. We'll all get the chance to see him then. Hope he does well.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Never seen the kid race but somebody must like him. He's sure cleaning house in the fans fund voting for the Dirt Million. We'll all get the chance to see him then. Hope he does well.
    There were more max Blair t shirts then bloomer or anybody else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    He’s a got a very rabid fanbase in his part of the world.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Where does he race? I've never heard of him. Does he run a crate or super?

Quote Originally Posted by clwillis View Post
    Max runs crates and supers. Has a WoO win that was in 2017 I believe. 1 ULMS championship and well on his way to another

You do realize he races for a living right? Naturally hes going to stay closer to home where he has a better chance of winning. And at last check he went to the Lucas Race at Sharon and Mansfield last year. Went to the Firecracker this year. Going to the Outlaws race Sunday at Eriez and next Month at Stateline. The fact its the same stupid argument from people about him is freaking ridiculous. I've never seen someone get as much HATE as he does for simply wanting to do the smart thing and race close to home. Hell, if I raced and did it for a living i'd do the same. You have to be smart. And the fact he can do it, is why so many people dislike him. I also really enjoy the fact everyone thinks he has millions of dollars. LMAO. The guy has a GENIUS in his dad as his crew chief.
    I said he was over rated....not that he wasn't good. The dude is one heck of a wheelman, but how a guy can make the DoD top 25 without even running a legitimate regional tour, or hitting all the $5000+ to win shows within a 5-ish hour drive from home? The competition at Stateline and Eriez is not what it once was, and quite frankly, the ULMS tour is a "tour" in name only....maybe 3 guys have been to every race, one of them is Max, one is a mid-packer, and one is a backmarker in the consi, if they have enough cars to have a consi, which is rare. IMHO, there aren't many guys in that region who can really afford more than 1 or 2 nights a week at their local tracks.

Sure he has a win in a WoO race, at this home track. Thats a great accomplishment. I hope he does well at Mansfield....maybe even gets noticed by someone with some money (I think they have some pretty good backing now, but thats just going by appearance). Yes he'll be at the WoO show at Eriez, but I highly doubt he'll venture to Williams Grove or Port Royal. It is my opinion that running well at shows like that is what could get a guy noticed and take you to the next level....It happened to Norris...Max probably has a better resume than Norris, but Norris has traveled a little more lately, like to Eldora, etc.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by clwillis View Post
    He basically runs tracks in the Northeast that are fairly local to his backwoods town of Titusville, Pa. I. E. he is a big fish in a little pond instead of being a big fish in a big pond. It is said that he has extra input from Rocket on his chassis because his winning all of the time in the 10 or 15 car fields that he is racing in and it is selling a lot of cars in that area to racers that just don't get it that he is getting 1st hand information on set ups that the commoner does not have any access to ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-15-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Wins at 37 different tracks in 6-7 states... yep, he can only win in his back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by WON11_Fan View Post
    Wins at 37 different tracks in 6-7 states... yep, he can only win in his back yard.
    Crates don't count. What are those numbers in a super?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    He basically runs tracks in the Northeast that are fairly local to his backwoods town of Titusville, Pa. I. E. he is a big fish in a little pond instead of being a big fish in a big pond. It is said that he has extra input from Rocket on his chassis because his winning all of the time in the 10 or 15 car fields that he is racing in and it is selling a lot of cars in that area to racers that just don't get it that he is getting 1st hand information on set ups that the commoner does not have any access to ?
    Rockets aren't as common up that way as they are down Pittsburgh way. There's a fair amount of guys that just do as Chub does in that part of the world. Also, if he was getting this magical inside info, don't you think Max would have run better at Firecracker, which is at more or less one of Rocket's home tracks?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

1. Chubb
    2. Bronson
    3. Shirley

Shirley!
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Shirley!
    Wow.
    Under rated or under liked. lol

The most over rated we have seen was Randall Chupp ! When he had the Bisscottis sponsorship from up north, he ran some races near their business. He was always out of control. We would take bets on how many laps it would before he self destructed .Some drivers would run the bottom, some ran upstairs, some diamonded the corners. Not him. He was all over the place and we saw him driving straight across the corner and we were left wondering What The Heck ?

I think thats actually an easy one, guys with unlimited budgets, major sponsors, running lucas oil or Woo with corporate sponsors, changing chassis every other week. running against the local drivers with half the stuff they got at half the cost.

Called “overrated” by non-racing fans on a computer doesn’t carry much weight.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    1. Chubb
    2. Bronson
    3. Shirley
    Obviously you didn't get to enjoy Chubb during the STARS series heydays. I was never a Chubb fan but definitely enjoyed watching him race. He maybe on the backside of his career but for a lot of years he could go toe to toe with any late model driver in the country.

No kidding!! Chubb won a ton of races with STARS and multiple championships against great competition.