Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Excuse me for pointing it out , but did any one of the folks mentioned in that denial word salad mention Bobby first in this thread??? Looked like the thread started going south when the comment on Moran being overrated popped up.Other than the comment being preposterous,it kinda came across as a sour grapes jab by somebody that claims its everyone else that stirs the pot.Back on topic.....Tony Jackson Jr.kinda falls into overrated in my mind....looks cool has great stuff seems like a great guy hear a lot about him but seems like he under delivers Overrated is so ambiguous, hard to really put the right word on some of the guys mentioned...my mention of Mars a legend as overrated is kinda silly, more like ( I didn't watch him enough when he was great to know how good he really is.)
    Why did it go south when Morans name was mentioned? Same reason every thread goes south. It's the same bunch trying to make every thread about Pierce. My opinion has NOTHING to do with Pierce. All you have to do is look at Morans stats and then honestly tell me he has lived up to his hype. He hasnt. I like Moran, I liked his dad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
    Gonna go outside what everyone else is saying and go with Max Blair. He's made the DoD top 25 a couple of times and is winning the fan vote for Mansfield, but they guy rarely goes more than 3-4 hours away from home. Most times when the big dogs are in PA & Eastern Ohio, he stays on the porch and beats up on the underfunded and/or washed up locals.
    I was going to say the same thing I agree 100% I just don’t understand the hype of this guy

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    So I guess Freddie Smith was overrated based on his last couple years racing. And Jonathan Davenport was overrated based on his last year with Barry Wright.

And based on the first half of this season, Bloomquist is overrated.

Jimmy Owens has been pretty overrated since he lost Reece Monuments sponsorship, right?
    Norm,
    Get over yourself already. You're just butt-hurt because you're a HUGE Francis fan, and someone, in this case me, had the audacity to point out the FACT the end of Steve's career was painful to watch.

Again, for the THIRD time, I said look at 2014-19.

What do you do in response? You hop on the crazy train, and start throwing out JD, Owens, and Bloomer.

Owens has won more races since July 12th of this year, then Francis won in the last 3.5 years of his career.

All three, by the way, have won more races in the last 12 months, then Francis won in the last 5 years of his career. And NONE of them went three years without winning a Lucas race or finished 11th in points.

We're clearly going to agree to disagree, but if you want to keep pretending it's still 2007, go right on ahead.

Have a nice evening,
    Jason

I won't say Brent Larson is over-rated, he has the deal of a lifetime with Arnie Ranta and Drydene. Arnie fully funded Larson since 2016, lock-stock-and barrel. Arnie paid a marketing company and they were given Drydenes name. Smart business on Arnie's part and Larson is the benefactor. Unfortunately he is short on results and it will be interesting after seasons end if Drydene stays with Larson and if Arnie starts up a new team with who knows who.

I would think after this year he would look for another driver/team. Anyone have any names he might look to and run with the WoOs?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
    Gonna go outside what everyone else is saying and go with Max Blair. He's made the DoD top 25 a couple of times and is winning the fan vote for Mansfield, but they guy rarely goes more than 3-4 hours away from home. Most times when the big dogs are in PA & Eastern Ohio, he stays on the porch and beats up on the underfunded and/or washed up locals.
    Agreed ! And what most don't understand that in his case it is all about the car and not the driver. That team has a direct line to the set ups that the house cars have. It is the car that they have running in that area to sell more racecars based on its performance against the little guys. There are maybe 10 or so drivers in that area that could win the same or more if driving that machine.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    Why did it go south when Morans name was mentioned? Same reason every thread goes south. It's the same bunch trying to make every thread about Pierce. My opinion has NOTHING to do with Pierce. All you have to do is look at Morans stats and then honestly tell me he has lived up to his hype. He hasnt. I like Moran, I liked his dad as well.
    He has delivered versus the hype very similarly to the last young overhyped driver that drove for DB......difference is no clowns ,high wire acts or lion tamers following them around from race to race.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill32 View Post
    It just amazes me how a thread can turn south so fast. If someone brings up Bobby's name into the equation.Lol
    I poster. 30 posts on 1 thread. Do the math. Theirs yer problem.
    8/13/16

1 poster has an opinion that many others share and posts 30 times versus 5 or 6 posters that defend their positions and continue to blast the 1 poster over and over 5 or 6 times per thread.

You mean like that kind of math?.......you're going one way on a two way street but I'm sure the blinders don't allow you to see the culpability of the group effort.

It can only be the one guys fault.

...I stand corrected. 31 lmfao
    8/13/16

And you wonder why......#32

Pretty ironic how that worked out.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 08-01-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by let-r-eat View Post
    I don't like the word overrated in dirt racing. Underachieve is a better word. The competition is tough now days. Everyone is buying speed and it allows the less talented to compete. It takes talent to know what to buy and develop the relationships required. Some of the names mentioned are totally laughable to even be mentioning in an underachiever thread. Rick Eckert? LOL Moyer Sr? Owens? Overton? Moran? Freddie Smith? Jeeezo whizzzz, I think that shows how overrrated a dirt fans knowledge of the sport must be. I agree 20+ years ago money won a bunch more checkered flags for drivers than it does today. Showing up with guns at knife fights was much more common. The cars are so close anymore that the best drivers can't stand out near as loud. The good ones, Bloomer, Davenport, Owens, etc still win. Look at DAvenport in Zieglers back up car? He wasn't even a good back marker. Its a team sport more so today than ever. You have to have all cylinders firing on go or you aren't going to win, I don't care how (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good you are.
    I think I'm the only one who has mentioned Freddie Smith or Owens so I think you missed my point, which was that people can't just snip a certain part of a guy's career and say "he is overrated based on such and such years."

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Norm,
    Get over yourself already. You're just butt-hurt because you're a HUGE Francis fan, and someone, in this case me, had the audacity to point out the FACT the end of Steve's career was painful to watch.

Again, for the THIRD time, I said look at 2014-19.

What do you do in response? You hop on the crazy train, and start throwing out JD, Owens, and Bloomer.

Owens has won more races since July 12th of this year, then Francis won in the last 3.5 years of his career.

All three, by the way, have won more races in the last 12 months, then Francis won in the last 5 years of his career. And NONE of them went three years without winning a Lucas race or finished 11th in points.

We're clearly going to agree to disagree, but if you want to keep pretending it's still 2007, go right on ahead.

Have a nice evening,
    Jason
    Don't get your panties in a wad just because I used your own argument against you. It has nothing to do with Francis but since you keep bringing him up over and over and over, how is the end of his career any different than lots of other drivers?
    Either way he hasn't raced in 2 years so it doesn't matter to me what your opinion of him is.

If you don't want someone to take your logic to its ultimate conclusion, then maybe think it through a little better the next time, or get a little better idea of the topic of discussion.

Like a million other people have said in this conversation, if guys have won several of the big races, they probably aren't overrated.
    Last edited by NormP; 08-01-2019 at 08:01 AM.

BILLY MOYER JR. and BRANDON KINZER

let-r-eat , those are two great post you made and i think , sums up the thoughts of probably 90% of people reading this , ALSO , the original post said over rated period , not over the last 5 or so years , any one that thinks francis is over rated has no idea of his entire career , in his hay day , he was a threat to win any where he unloaded........

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    let-r-eat , those are two great post you made and i think , sums up the thoughts of probably 90% of people reading this , ALSO , the original post said over rated period , not over the last 5 or so years , any one that thinks francis is over rated has no idea of his entire career , in his hay day , he was a threat to win any where he unloaded........
    One guy I never really liked but there for a stretch I was always afraid to see him unload because you knew he was going to end up in victory lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    He has delivered versus the hype very similarly to the last young overhyped driver that drove for DB......difference is no clowns ,high wire acts or lion tamers following them around from race to race.
    what has he delivered? and try to keep your infatuation over Pierce out of it if you can, it has nothing to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I poster. 30 posts on 1 thread. Do the math. Theirs yer problem.
    But its not him.

Mars the Legend MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: Winning the 1997 'Dirt Late Model Dream' at Eldora (OH) SpeedwayCAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:* 2018 National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame Inductee* 2018 Seven Victories Overall* 2018 'Duane Mahder Memorial' Winner at Red Cedar (WI) Speedway* 2017 Five Victories Overall* 2017 'Duane Mahder Memorial' Winner at Red Cedar (WI) Speedway* 2017 Dirt Kings Series Winner at Plymouth (WI) Dirt Track* 2017 & 1992 'Silver 1000' Winner at Proctor (MN) Speedway* 2016 Seven Victories Overall* 2016 World of Outlaws Series Winner at Lernerville (PA) Speedway* 2016 'George Scheffler Memorial' Winner at Oshkosh (WI) Speedzone Raceway* 2016 MARS / Corn Belt Clash Winner at Davenport (IA) Speedway* 2016, 2014, 2011, 2007, 2004, 1997, & 1996 'Punky Manor Challenge' Winner at Red Cedar (WI) Speedway* 2015 Six Victories Overall* 2015 'George Scheffler Memorial' Winner at Oshkosh (WI) Speedzone Raceway* 2015 UMP Summer Nationals Winner at Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway* 2015 American Late Model Series Winner at Fairbury A.L. (IL) Speedway* 2015, 2004, 1996, 1995, & 1994 'Red Clay Classic' Winner at ABC (WI) Raceway* 2014 Six Victories Overall* 2014 World of Outlaws Series Winner at Hibbing (MN) Raceway * 2014 World of Outlaws Series Winner at Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway* 2014 National Dirt Racing League Winner at Tucson (AZ) Int'l Raceway* 2013 Two Victories Overall* 2012 'Illini 100' Winner at Farmer City (IL) Raceway* 2012 WDLMA Series Winner at Manitowoc (WI) Expo Speedway* 2012 'Triple Crown' Winner at Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway* 2012 Seven Victories Overall* 2011 'Firecracker 100' Winner at Lernerville (PA) Speedway* 2011 UMP DIRTcar Series Winner at Volusia (FL) Speedway Park* 2011 Appalachian Mountain Speedweek Winner at Hagerstown (MD) Speedway* 2011 'Dacotah Rumble' Winner at Brown County (SD) Speedway* 2011 WDLMA Series Winner at Manitowoc (WI) Expo Speedway* 2011 DART Challenge Series Winner at Deer Creek (MN) Speedway* 2011 Eleven Victories Overall* 2010 Two-Time 'Wild West Shootout' Winner at USA (AZ) Raceway* 2010 World of Outlaws Series Winner at Superior (WI) Speedway* 2010 World of Outlaws Series Winner at Dakota (SD) State Fair Speedway* 2010 'Legendary 100' Winner at Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway* 2010 'Viking Fall Classic' Winner at Viking (MN) Speedway* 2010 Eight Victories Overall* 2009 ‘USA Nationals’ Winner at Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway* 2009 ‘North/South 100’ Winner at Florence (KY) Speedway* 2009 ‘Dirt Track World Championship’ Winner at Lawrenceburg (IN) Speedway* 2009 ‘Firecracker 100’ Winner at Lernerville (PA) Speedway* 2009 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Winner at Bedford (PA) Speedway* 2009 ‘Prairie Dirt Classic’ Winner at Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway* 2009 Nineteen Victories Overall* 2008 'National 100' Winner at East Alabama Motor Speedway* 2008 'Ultimate 14' Winner at Challenger (PA) Raceway* 2008 Four WDRL Series Victories* 2008 UMP Summernationals Winner at Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway* 2008 Sixteen Victories Overall* 2007 'Topless 100' Winner at Batesville (AR) Motor Speedway* 2007 'Jambalaya 100' Winner at Pike County (MS) Speedway* 2007 'Duel in the Desert' Winner at Las Vegas (NV) Motor Speedway* 2007 Four PolyDome WDRL Series Victories* 2006 UMP Summernationals Winner at Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway* 2005 'Prairie Dirt Classic' Winner at Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway* 2005 UMP Summernationals Winner at 34 (IA) Raceway* 2005 UMP Summernationals Winner at Fairbury American Legion (IL) Speedway* 2005 UMP Tri-Track Challenge Winner at I-55 (MO) Raceway* 2005 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Winner at LaSalle (IL) Speedway* 2004 'Masters' Champion at Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway* 2004 Northern Xtreme Series Finale Winner at East Bay (FL) Raceway Park* 2004 Xtreme Series Preliminary Victory at Knoxville (IA) Raceway* 2000 'Topless 100' Winner at Batesville (AR) Motor Speedway* 1999 NASCAR RE/MAX Series Rookie of the Year* 1999 STARS Florida Speedweeks Champion at East Bay (FL) Raceway Park* 1997 'Dream 100' Winner at Eldora (OH) Speedway* 1996 'USA Outlaw Nationals' Winner at Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway* 1996 'WISSOTA 100' Winner at Cedar (WI) Lake SpeedwayPoints History* 3rd in 2013 National Dirt Racing League Point Standings* 2nd in 2005 UMP Summernationals Point Standings* 2nd in 2004 Xtreme Dirtcar Series Point Standings* 3rd in 2003 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings* 4th in 2002 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings* 8th in 2001 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings* 9th in 2000 Xtreme DirtCar Series Point Standings12 Career Xtreme (Hav-A-Tampa, UDTRA) Feature Victories* Texas Motor Speedway - 2001* East Bay (FL) Raceway Park - 2002, 2003, & 2004* Bristol (TN) Motor Speedway - 2001* Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway - 2002* Green Valley (AL) Speedway - 2001* Cherokee (SC) Speedway - 2003* New Egypt (NJ) Speedway - 2004* Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway - 2004* Wythe (VA) Raceway - 2004* K-C (OH) Raceway - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    what has he delivered? and try to keep your infatuation over Pierce out of it if you can, it has nothing to do with him.
    Better Consistency , less dnf ,less drama, better team chemistry,and similar ranking on tour and not near as much pre season hype as the year before.......and since the jab was tossed at Moran by a Pierce homer it has everything to do as a comparison between them like the original poster intended.

But odds are you'll probably deny that.

Clearly my opinion on Mars as overrated isn't correct.......like I said, I just never watched him enough when he was kicking everybody's butt to realize how good he really was in his heyday.

I do actually own one of his fn tshirts though, lol.