Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    The most over rated we have seen was Randall Chupp ! When he had the Bisscottis sponsorship from up north, he ran some races near their business. He was always out of control. We would take bets on how many laps it would before he self destructed .Some drivers would run the bottom, some ran upstairs, some diamonded the corners. Not him. He was all over the place and we saw him driving straight across the corner and we were left wondering What The Heck ?
    And now he's telling everyone else how to drive.Im with you on this one seems like a nice guy but I've never understood what so many people see in him.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    No kidding!! Chubb won a ton of races with STARS and multiple championships against great competition.
    Chub was a bad mofo back in the STARS days. Remember watching him run almost the entire North South with a broken left front. Just drug it under caution and had it off the ground under green. Also won a World 100!

Randall Chip got his start driving super late models with Bob Miller (Miller Brothers Coal). He prepared Black Jack Boggs & Ronnie Johnson’s cars for Bob. The deal was : Bob put him in a complete operation but he still had to maintain Boggs & Johnson’s Equipment. Later on after the Miller deal - his major sponsor was Bonanza Produce out of Knoxville, Tn. Last I heard he had relocated from N.C. to either Cleveland or Cookeville, TN. That was a few years back ??

Randall Chupp

There maybe a little confusion by me, he wrote Chubb but may have meant Chupp. My comments were defending Chub Frank who was a bad mfer in his prime.

Bleed blue
    I am totally with you. I don’t see any way Chubb Frank could be on anybody’s list as being overrated unless they are new to dirt racing in general. He was as fierce a competitor as they came. But like all of us -Father Time starts to wind the clock. Also, I think the shop fire that Chubb had really set him back as well.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    1. Chubb
    2. Bronson
    3. Shirley
    I take it you don't know a whole lot about Brian Shirley.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Foxfire.....Randle still lives in NC, and was the head man over wolf pack racing, but has since started his own consulting type deal. Seems like the guys that work with him end up doing fairly well.

randle lives in Cleveland tn, helps alot of racers with his consulting, no longer than he raced , he accomplished more than some do in a life time.

Well I'm pretty sure Madden can be taken off the over rated list now right???

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure Madden can be taken off the over rated list now right???
    I doubt he was ever on there, but a short stint of dominance is a great way to become overrated. A lot of people can dominate for a short period of time with a technical edge.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

This is true but I was replying to the guy that said he was over rated and then asked what crown jewels. I think he would've won this weekend if not for the freak accident and yes I know that some will say that he doesn't have a national touring title under his belt yet but he has only toured the last couple of years and I think he will get that title next year or in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    This is true but I was replying to the guy that said he was over rated and then asked what crown jewels. I think he would've won this weekend if not for the freak accident and yes I know that some will say that he doesn't have a national touring title under his belt yet but he has only toured the last couple of years and I think he will get that title next year or in the near future
    If you read back, I said you can now take him off the list after those wins, lol. But I stand by my original post before the wins.

That's interesting Jabber and I am very curious as to why you would say before the wins he was over rated I'm not trying to be a jerk but am very curious as to your reason

Numerous tire doping incidents, no crown jewels. He made me eat my words, so good for him!