Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sponsor ROI

Default Sponsor ROI

What sponsor or sponsors do you feel like get the best return on their investments .....not necessarily spend the most money but get the best bang for the buck with the drivers they primarily sponsor.

My top three in no particular order are, Petroff, reece monument, and valvoline.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Most loyal.......king Edwards fried chicken

Past: Crazy Craig's Butt Crack Filler on Dion Deason's 2000s Rayburn.

Current: Valvoline car seen the most this year and recognized by almost every dirt racing fan.

Seubert calf ranches used to be on several cars back in the day. I'd say they probably sank about as much money as anyone has over the years.

Id probably have to go with Lucas Oil as being on top. If it has and engine on and revs high, lucas sponsors it or something or someone that runs in it.

When Jack was alive, Starette Trucking was on half the cars in the southeast it seemed like.

Forrest Lucas has been very loyal to EPJ and vice versa.....I try and use Lucas wherever it makes sense for the application.

Use the oil conditioner on every change......not sure if it works as much as it makes me feel good about trying to take care of my stuff.....wife's car is an older Toyota Sequoia with 227k on it currently and my DD truck has 165k on it , both still run flawlessly.

Only major work done to either was the timing belt change on the wife's car at 150k.

On the sponsor Topic, wonder how many jump in big time and then go " dang, what was I thinking?" when things get tough for the driver or team for whatever reason.

I love steak and I like bloomer but that had to be pricey and they haven't gotten a lot of return this year I wouldn't think.......

Quote Originally Posted by No_Weak_Links View Post
    When Jack was alive, Starette Trucking was on half the cars in the southeast it seemed like.
    Man , the good old days......

Daves Supermaket in Fairbury probably gets the highest ROI...LOL. I think they sponsor a few local guys and get paid huge during PDC week.

Big Johnson on Donnie Moran was a good one in the 90s. Remember here in the South it was hard to go anywhere and not see those shirts somewhere.

If measured in pure dollars and cents I doubt any of them make much if any. National companies like Valvoline, likely use it as a part of their overall institutional marketing budget. Local or regional, as someone mentioned Reese and Seubert, do it mostly for the passion they have for racing. Yes they can write it off but that’s only partial recovery of money spent. Some do it because they like hanging around in the pits, like seeing their name on a race car, and use it as entertainment for vendors and customers. I’m sure there are exceptions but in most cases it doesn’t satisfy the company bean counters as a “money maker”.
    I hate time trials.

Carcity.com and Crop Production Services are two sponsors I've seen often.

Ed Petroff and Arnie Ranta have been around sponsoring forever!

JW Hunt hasn't been with us for some time and is still going strong....J&J Steel back in the 90's was also on quite a few

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    What sponsor or sponsors do you feel like get the best return on their investments .....not necessarily spend the most money but get the best bang for the buck with the drivers they primarily sponsor.

My top three in no particular order are, Petroff, reece monument, and valvoline.
    You think Petroff has ever towed a truck because he sponsors dirt cars? I bet it hasn't happened often. ROI for dlm has to be near 0.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You think Petroff has ever towed a truck because he sponsors dirt cars? I bet it hasn't happened often. ROI for dlm has to be near 0.
    Guess it depends on what the expectation of the return is? I'm betting most genuine sponsors help because it just feels good to help somebody sometime ......the big guys probably see very little monetary return in the grand scheme but somebody like the grocery store in fairbury probably sees a nice quantifiable return on the investment they make.

Also makes the sponsor feel like they are somewhat part of the team.

The return on the investment is...hey look I’m on a race car, and I feel like I’m part of the racing team. That’s the return...monetarily? Haha. It’s at or near zero. Everyone knows that.

I'd say the ones that have the best ROI are racing parts manufacturers because associating your brand with a national driver helps you sell parts to the regional and local drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Guess it depends on what the expectation of the return is? I'm betting most genuine sponsors help because it just feels good to help somebody sometime ......the big guys probably see very little monetary return in the grand scheme but somebody like the grocery store in fairbury probably sees a nice quantifiable return on the investment they make.

Also makes the sponsor feel like they are somewhat part of the team.
    That's what I was getting at. Its mostly charity. Especially for a national level driver. You can help yourself some if you are a local business supporting a local driver.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's what I was getting at. Its mostly charity. Especially for a national level driver. You can help yourself some if you are a local business supporting a local driver.
    I know......we do.

We give more than we get out of it in monitory return ,but the appreciation that the team and driver shows you can't really put a price on.

On a national level,What do you think the main reasons for big sponsors changing teams or leaving all together is?.....bad monetary return, just not worth it or picked the wrong people to sponsor , bad blood or what?

Example, the Reece monument guys?

I used to try and by products that sponsors racing but, not anymore. it's a tax write off for these sponsor so that is their return not paying the government more money.