Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sponsor ROI

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I used to try and by products that sponsors racing but, not anymore. it's a tax write off for these sponsor so that is their return not paying the government more money.
    I get that , but it's tightened way up a lot since what used to be allowed.......a couple things I've been lead to find or seek out because I saw it on a race car somewhere.

The " I am second" movement........sheetz convenience stores.......certain Lucas products......and Dunn Benson Ford to name a few.

I'm thankful that they all so what they do .
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I get that , but it's tightened way up a lot since what used to be allowed.......a couple things I've been lead to find or seek out because I saw it on a race car somewhere.

The " I am second" movement........sheetz convenience stores.......certain Lucas products......and Dunn Benson Ford to name a few.

I'm thankful that they all so what they do .
    I do agree with the tightening up a lot from what it used to be.

MBc Miller Brothers Coal

JW HUNT and LUCAS are 2 names that have poored tons of money into SLM because of there love for the sport.

Miller Bros Coal/Construction and Hawkeye Trucking were on a few!

At one time Bob-Barbara Miller (Miller Brothers Coal) owned 3 complete race teams. Jack Boggs, Ronnie Johnson, & Randall Chip. This was for several years before he just became a sponsor. The entire family just loves dirt racing. The would attend local shows & pull out cash to increase the purse ect. The names of drivers they helped would be to numerous to list- but Jackie Boggs & Bloomquist were big benefactors of the $$. Barbara -the daughters & grandkids still attend races now-especially Eldora.

As for Mike Reece at Reece Monument- in the previous deal with Jimmy Owens he was not the sponsor- he was the team owner. They parted ways-he sold out & started sponsoring Bloomquist until this year. He is back with Owens as a $$ sponsor.

Correction:Randall Chupp

Honestly, there isn’t a single sponsor I relate to our sport, or any other sport. Other than Lucas — and he sponsors almost everything. But our sport exclusively — nothing. Not currently anyway.

Hoker trucking does a lot for this sport!!!

Yes they do....i never noticed their logos too much or maybe just didn't pay attention until the last few years and now I see them at tracks....on cars or anywhere there is a big event.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You think Petroff has ever towed a truck because he sponsors dirt cars? I bet it hasn't happened often. ROI for dlm has to be near 0.
    I bet Mark Richards says differently!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I bet Mark Richards says differently!
    We are talking sponsorship. When you build 70% of the cars, yes you are making money. Now Mark's sponsors? Again, almost zero ROI.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

a lot of people do a lot of good things to help get these drivers to the track every week.....at every level of racing.

Would guess that just about everyone on this forum has helped a racer or two in their day and can relate in some kind of way.......like each other or not it's a fraternity.

Default That is a good one on a local level

Quote Originally Posted by CILDirt View Post
    Daves Supermaket in Fairbury probably gets the highest ROI...LOL. I think they sponsor a few local guys and get paid huge during PDC week.
    They also have the race car parade and car show there as well. They sponsor the two seater also.

I notice Fairbury is doing even more this year for their sponsors, this week I got a $5 Slim Chicken advertisement when going through the gate.

What is a slim chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    We are talking sponsorship. When you build 70% of the cars, yes you are making money. Now Mark's sponsors? Again, almost zero ROI.
    I would be willing to bet, Mark invests a pretty big chunk into his race team. I could be wrong, only he knows what it costs to run his team!

I would venture to guess Casey's General Stores must see a decent return, I dont think they would keep putting their name on racing stuff if it was not providing some kind of returns. I think local business can see a return. For example the Burger and Beers now here in Fairbury, We drove to Gibson City to eat there before they came over here because they were on Steve Thorstens car. Bloomington Meats for sponsoring Marlow Motorsports and providing Ribeyes at Farmer City. I think some local level guys are talented at promoting their sponsors and getting them returns for small level sponsorship.

I could see that for sure..........

"Seubert calf ranches used to be on several cars back in the day. I'd say they probably sank about as much money as anyone has over the years."

It's still on a bunch of cars but those who think he just shoves blank checks at the guys having it on their cars are a wee bit off. Many are simply connected with him on a tire deal...or at least they were. He'd have tires and rims drop shipped and he'd sell them at cost to guys who had the name and logo on their cars. So upfront there isn't/wasn't a "sponsorship" but the cost savings on buying rims and tires were/are a considerable chunk of change which warranted having it on door panels.

It's nearly impossible to wrap your head around how much money he has spent on stuff that his current "driver" has wrecked. That driver simply has to have compromising photos of Mike. Take half of what is currently invested in those cars and shove it to a driver who is moderately competent and not a bloviating idiot and you would have a pretty solid if not strong regional DLM operation.

From back in the past: Raye Vest helped Rick Eckert for a very long time. Also a huge supporter for local Illinois drivers, who also competed out of state, was Lee and Dottie Byers who owned "Dependable Carburetors". One of the many successful drivers they had sponsored was Bob Pierce Sr. I don't know if they made any money from their sponsorship but they sure loved the sport.