Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Marlar

The only way to stop the dust and skating rink is with your billfolds. They have proven that their track prep mindset is not going to change....

Ok- thanks!
    Being from Tennessee just a Marlar fan & Jones Oil is a local distributor.

TeNfOMaFiA69, you sir are the idiot for thinking NASCAR had no say so in the removal of said sponsors. If anyone is the middle man it's Sunoco. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Marlar is down from 88-1 to 35-1 on bovada.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt55 View Post
    TeNfOMaFiA69, you sir are the idiot for thinking NASCAR had no say so in the removal of said sponsors. If anyone is the middle man it's Sunoco. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Tenfo is correct. It’s in Sunoco’s contract. NASCAR had two choices: agree to it or lose Sunoco’s sponsorship. NASCAR, at this point, is in no position to turn down anyone the size of Sunoco.

Marathon got more publicity by being removed from the truck than they would have if nothing was said. I also thought it was nice that Marlar had the Marathon logo on his firesuit in the post race interview(kind of surprised NASCAR didn't make them cover it with duct tape)!
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

He did have a sunoco sticker or something on his fire suit. Which I thought was kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    He did have a sunoco sticker or something on his fire suit. Which I thought was kind of funny.
    Everybody has too

Could it be that Shell/Pennzoil were already sponsoring Cup teams before Sunoco became the official fuel of NASCAR? I remember Jeff Burton was allowed to keep Singular/AT&T and Ryan Newman with Alltell as sponsors when Nextel/Sprint came in due to they were already sponsoring him before they came in. The deal only said new sponsor entries wouldn't be allowed or something along those lines. Maybe Sunoco has the same type deal.

Also, Sunoco actually has a close history with Penske racing. They sponsored a lot of Roger's motorsport endeavors back in the 60s/70s. Not saying that makes it right but could be a reason why they turn a left cheek when it comes to Shell/Pennzoil being on Joey's car.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 08-02-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Actually, TeNfOMaFiA69 was right about the motor oil being pushed over their gas products. Link to an article with Sunoco complaining about Shell presence on Harvick's car back in 07.

https://www.savannahnow.com/don-cobl...eries-sponsors

Great run last night by Mike. I became an instant fan, especially after seeing his interview after the race and seeing how thrilled he was. To jump into a truck for the first time and get a top 5 is quite an accomplishment. As fans of DLM racing we all should have been rooting for him.........

All that matters. Great run for Mikie Marler. One of my favorite drivers

Good ambassador for dirt racing.
    I hate time trials.

he was the smoothest guy out there, never had the thing out of control side ways. The truck just didn't look like he had the speed of some of the others or he just wasn't trying to destroy his ride.

There is only a handful of Late model guys that could do as well as he did in that race. Marlar, Mars, Dale Macdowell, Matt Miller and Zach Dohm.

Props to Mikey!

DROVE his way up front!!! It was beyond obvious he didn't have half the truck as the others up front. Looked like he was tied to a tree on the restarts (all 3,452 of them).