Default Cedar Lake Thursday Night

Unless I missed it, nobody posted about the racing tonight in Cedar Lake.
    Are we having a PDC hangover? Lol
    Here ya go!!

JD wins over Birky

https://twitter.com/WoOLateModels/st...001273344?s=09
    Last edited by #FALSuperman; 08-02-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Strange night IMO. Rocket1 finally breaks, and a car gets rolled under caution. That's not something we see very often. I've never seen so many guys mess up their own qualifying laps by not following instructions from the drivers meeting either.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Strange night IMO. Rocket1 finally breaks, and a car gets rolled under caution. That's not something we see very often. I've never seen so many guys mess up their own qualifying laps by not following instructions from the drivers meeting either.
    It happened at the world a couple of years ago too

That qualifying thing was new this year. I’m guessing in an effort to speed up time trials but it seems like they should’ve had them exit after the wall down the back stretch. They were getting on the binders pretty good to turn hard left off corner 2. Won’t matter tonight at least as it’s the double heat format.

That qualifying thing was new this year. I’m guessing in an effort to speed up time trials but it seems like they should’ve had them exit after the wall down the back stretch. They were getting on the binders pretty good to turn hard left off corner 2. Won’t matter tonight at least as it’s the double heat format.

Good to see Birky run a solid 2nd. Yes the Qualifying thing was interesting and personally kind of stupid. Turn 3 after the wall would have worked better to pull in. The next 3 qualifiers didn’t come on the track till the cars pulled through the infield and off the track anyway. A lot of drivers were not happy about the track in the pits after the races. Not sure what the issue was ?

Not sure who made the decision, the track or WOO. I am not usually critical of these types of decisions, but this had to be one of the dumbest decisions ever. As noted above, numerous drivers really had to get on the binders hard and were having difficulty getting the car to turn without hitting the start of the wall coming out of two. Not only was it difficult I was waiting for someone to slide into the end of the wall and it certainly did not make any difference in the amount of time needed to qualify.

Any time saved was lost while we waited for Tyler Erb to get his transponder on his back up car! BTW, shouldn’t he have been relegated to only one lap since he wasn’t ready when his time came to qualify?

With all of the money these teams spend just to get here and the cost to race, why are they trying to piss people off?