Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birky plans???

Default Birky plans???

Does anyone really know what Birky's plans are for the rest of the year and what the true story is with him? Before the year he and Jason were supposed to run a bunch then supposedly split. He runs thats OU812 car and said the 15B is dead and wont be back. Then we see the decals printed of the 15b and get excited only to be told by his wife it was a mistake and he will not be running a 15b. She later comes out and says he is done racing for good and it is not fun for him. All of a sudden he shows up out of the blue last week and now runs 2nd at USA Nationals prelim night. What in the heck is really going on?????

My guess is his plans are to race whenever and wherever he feels like racing and he's not obligated to let anybody know beforehand.

It's just a shame his wife won't let him race.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    My guess is his plans are to race whenever and wherever he feels like racing and he's not obligated to let anybody know beforehand.
    Agreed. Sort of like that. It’s old school.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Guess he loves his wife more than racing. There's nothin wrong with that.

To be quite honest I get tired of hearing all the BS he’s running he’s not running he’s running he’s done for good oh well if he shows up he shows up I won’t lose any sleep

Ain't that the truth!!!!

Birky is living the dream racing for fun whenever he feels like it.

Probably driving a race car when he and Jason want too lol

Yeah this thread wasn't meant to start anything. I know he is going to race when he wants.

15b = T-shirt sales

Them guys would be crazy not to capitalize on that

Professional tester for Rauen.

He's definitely one of those guys who we'll just never know how deep he would've tapped into that potential if he stayed racig full-time all these years.
    My bet would've been on him making plenty of noise towards the top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    He's definitely one of those guys who we'll just never know how deep he would've tapped into that potential if he stayed racig full-time all these years.My bet would've been on him making plenty of noise towards the top tier.
    He was already at the top.

Nice post James. Is Birkry HOF worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Nice post James. Is Birkry HOF worthy?
    He definetly is IMO. A lot of guys would like to have his resume. He needs to be put in soon, before he's gone behind the wheel for good.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    I think that’s a load of BS. And there’s more to it than the not letting him race. Gone from home a lot, always working on the car, not giving the proper time to your family. They are first, above racing.

I believe her and Birky have been together since way before he came a star. You don’t marry someone for them to be absent from the family. Yeah, you try to incorporate both, but once the boys are 8-12 or so, sports etc is probably what they wanna do. Not spending their summers traveling the highways missing out on kid stuff that we take for granted.

I’m sure it’s not you cannot race, it’s more of, you cannot be gone from your family for weeks at a time. I am not doing this on my own. I married you.

I’ve been there. Used to travel for work. It really sucks.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Birky

I think Birky is most definitely a HoFamer.

I don’t think he knows what he wants to do. You gotta balance home and racing life, and for most, it’s very hard to do. To do either one right, the other suffers. Funny, some here just don’t get it. Just race, just race, well, a wife and two around teenage boys are more important.

Him and Rauen seems like a weird deal. One minute, they have a new hauler and are going to run quite a bit, the next, they aren’t together, and he isn’t racing. Now he’s at Cedar Lake in a 15b.

I don’t think it’s as easy as when they want etc. I think it’s when they are getting along and their schedules allow them to compete. Which hasn’t been very much.

I like Birky, his demeanor, his style, just my kinda guy. Could care less him and Bloomer ain’t buds, Birky just reminds me of me.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

At West Liberty once, her and the children came up an isle close to us and sit a couple rows behind. Good intentioned well wishers pestered her endlessly. The children were younger then but they too were a handful. Personally wouldn’t blame her for not wanting to spend time racing. I don’t know the dynamics of their family but agree with CnB that there more important things than being on the road a lot. Been there, done that. Brian has generally been a great ambassador for dirt racing, I wish him well regardless of which way he goes.
    I hate time trials.

People have to remember, that his wife knew that he was a racer. She married Brian knowing the career path Brian had chosen to do. Brian chose to give up full time racing, because he didn’t want to foot the costs of racing. And also to be with his family. Brian isn’t as young as he once was, and this lifestyle tires you out, stresses you out, and it takes a toll on you body. So to get to see Birky race at all, is a plus for dirt late model racing. Obviously Brian can still be competitive, he was fast at Davenport, and then finished second at Cedar Lake. So if Birky has somebody to put him in a competitive car 5 times a year, and he still wants to, then I’m happy to go see him race.