Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Boom at the scales?

TERBO said in his post race interview that Boom got punched at the scales last night at Cedar Lake. Anybody know what happened?

Probably Mitch McGrath or one of his crew guys

Quote Originally Posted by SlidinDirty View Post
    TERBO said in his post race interview that Boom got punched at the scales last night at Cedar Lake. Anybody know what happened?
    My guess would be as the other poster stated, Mitch McGrath or one of his crew. Boom completely overdrove 3, and used him up.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Think Tony Stewart got him

Punching somebody while they're strapped in a race car is about as cowardly as it gets.

Is he part of the McGrath family that raced motorcycles?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Punching somebody while they're strapped in a race car is about as cowardly as it gets.
    No sht........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Is he part of the McGrath family that raced motorcycles?
    no. not related. Mitch McGrath is out of Wisconsin. Runs with the Scheffler / Dolhun folks up that way. He's been on the Lucas Oil MLRA tour this year in the black, neon pink, & white #74.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 08-03-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I agree this suckering drivers in there cars has got to stop. Remember bowyer going at Newman a few weeks back. Fires off like twenty punches in ten seconds, Newman exits the car without helmet, there’s bowyer, helmet still on for protection until he got into the safety of his hauler, ridiculous !

The first time I remember someone throwing haymaker's at a guy strapped in a racecar was at Michigan, I believe. Mikey Waltrip went after Lake Speed and got a few shots in while ol' Lake was still in his car.

A friend of mine who is enshrined in more than one national dirt racing hall of fame said he never wanted to hit a guy that was still in his car. He said he wanted to make certain it was a fair fight and also to see the fear and pain in the eyes of the guy he was punching in the face! LOL!

I thought it was interesting he went on a rant against the format saying “this is why you only have 45 cars”. I don’t think a different format would’ve changed anything for car count. I’ll just chalk it up to him being emotional over his first heat when he ran over McGrath and then the rollover. That many strong cars and not everyone is going to have a good night no matter what format you run.

I don’t know what the drivers think about passing points, but I don’t think it has anything to do with car count. The average car count for the previous 31 USA Nats is 52. The average for the last 5 USA Nats is 46. I believe this was only the second year of passing points, so no noticeable difference in car count.

Boom should be more embarrassed and upset at himself for his terrible attempt at trying to pass McGrath.

Passing points are better than qualifying for big races IMO. Certainly a big hit at Florence

But Florence doesn’t rain it out with the water truck either. There really hasn’t been much passing all weekend. It’s hard to know your entire weekend can be determined by a pill draw far more than the speed of your race car

Dang. Well then.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Agreed. And the whole helmet on being a bad ass deal.

It was Tyler bruenings dad and he didn’t punch boom in the face lol. Just the door. Kevin Kovac wrote about it on DOD

Well poop!!! Ya' mean all that got punched was a door? That took all the fun out of it!

Mitch McGrath was giving it all it was worth! Too bad it didn't pay off. He impressed me!