Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What a terrible move by Briggs. That was almost on the level of Tyler Erb at Fairbury a few years ago.

Tyler’s Dad doesn’t take crap from anyone. We were pitted next to Tyler at a Derry race in Maquoketa. Someone was pissed at Tyler, and they came over to Tyler’s pit, and Mr. B put them in their place. It was quite hilarious.

Drivers that whine about having to race other drivers are pansies. Period. The top 16 in passing points were able to pass cars. Any fan who doesn't like to watch passing needs to find another form of racing to follow. Sprints might be more up their alley.

Briggs is a high dollar, low talent backmarker. The classic less with more driver. Why he still runs a national series is beyond me? It’s debatable if he’d win regional shows around PA.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

it was mike hammerle..

T3r3e3... boom won quite a few regional shows in pa last year. Boom works for his money so it’s his choice to be out there racing a national tour

He might work for his money, but he gets lapped at every WoO show. Seems like a waste of time and money to run in the back.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

He shouldn't worry about the format. Almost every time he makes a feature at a WoO show it is via a provisional.

With that being said, Thursday night was the best that I have ever seen him run and he actually earned a spot in the feature (rare for him).

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Drivers that whine about having to race other drivers are pansies. Period. The top 16 in passing points were able to pass cars. Any fan who doesn't like to watch passing needs to find another form of racing to follow. Sprints might be more up their alley.
    When a pill draw can make or brake you !!!!!!!!!
    Thats just not racing.

You have got a lot to learn.Maybe one of these days you will grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    When a pill draw can make or brake you !!!!!!!!!
    Thats just not racing.

You have got a lot to learn.Maybe one of these days you will grow up.
    Drawing a bad qualifying pill is no different though. Too early at times and track is too wet, and at times late it’s too dry.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    Perhaps you should go find your nearest railroad tracks & watch the trains go by. Just as good as qualifying show. If a guy can't pass, it's not the pill draws fault. He didn't set his car up right to pass others that did set them up to pass cars. Qualifying is for lazy drivers who feel they only should have to go fast for 1-2 laps without other cars on the track. Any freaking schmo should be able to drive without other cars onbthe track
    Surely you're not as dumb as you sound.

Perhaps you should go find your nearest railroad tracks & watch the trains go by. Just as good as qualifying show. If a guy can't pass, it's not the pill draws fault. He didn't set his car up right to pass others that did set them up to pass cars. Qualifying is for lazy drivers who feel they only should have to go fast for 1-2 laps without other cars on the track. Any freaking schmo should be able to drive without other cars onbthe track
    You hit the nail squarely on the head.

It's disheartening to listen to all you old fat guys and keyboard warriors bag on drivers non-stop. Boom has been running a lot better as of late which may or may not coincide with his hiring of Bloomers old crew chief. I give anyone credit who hops behind the wheel of one of those things, especially someone who is out there funding it out of their own pocket. The old 4m mentality is to rip on anyone trying to make a go of it on the tour, rip on them till they give it up, then cry that the tour only has 10 followers?

You'd think these keyboard AJ Foyt's would be in their shop working on their set-ups and would be hard pressed to find time to dis their fellow drivers.

Oh wait...they don't drive.

Sorry.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Perhaps the rules should be adjusted so the cars are more conducive to passing? I gotta tell ya, I cringe every time I hear a dirt racer mention 'clean air'.
    If they could do something to spread the talent out through the heat races more with the pill draw/passing point format I believe it would be better.
    I'm gonna watch either way though.

easy fix, no qualifying, everybody draws for starting spot in a heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    You'd think these keyboard AJ Foyt's would be in their shop working on their set-ups and would be hard pressed to find time to dis their fellow drivers.

Oh wait...they don't drive.

Sorry.

Krooser, I enjoy reading your posts, and certainly admire what you've done in, and for the sport. But I have to say......when you and some of the other drivers discredit the thoughts and opinions of us that didn't drive...........it's really played out and tiresome.

IMO, Boom brings most of this (negativity) on himself. Seems like every time he opens his mouth, he is the one bashing tracks, formats, other drivers, fans, track prep, etc. I appreciate all drivers who show up to an event (even if I'm not a big fan)......doesn't mean they don't deserve a little criticism now and then.....if warranted.

Krooser has my vote! Thanks for all you have done. Would love to hear your stories.

I can appreciate your experience Cardirt....and the opinions of the guys that have never been behind the wheel
    But all the negativity based on he said/she said conversations, 20 year old track disputes, yada yada yada gets old.

I hold no I'll will to anyone on this board. Thank God we have rabid race fans. I always try to take a deep breath before I jump on any controversial thread.

Cardirt it sounds like we could put together the oldest team in dirt racing....

Intel8... I can tell stories now that the statute of limitations has expired.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

like i said in the other thread , i like all the different formats , but to say 2 laps of qualifying ruins the race to me is wrong , maybe on asphalt , but not dirt , and the reason is , dirt is always changing through out the night , you have to be on your toes , even if you qualify on the pole , to keep up with the track....one thing some tracks do is take the top six , pole draws a number and those six have a shoot out for top six starting spots , this is good for the fans , and if you were fastest in qualifying and end up 6 in shoot out , you better get to work....JMO...