Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    https://insidedirtracing.com/jonatha...ut-in-formats/

Davenport took to Twitter to express his displeasure with the passing points format and that teams have little say in deciding formats
    I like JD, but if he does not like the format, then he has the right to stay home or go somewhere to race freight-trains.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    Shane Clanton said it best about passing points...
    Who cares ?

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    https://insidedirtracing.com/jonatha...ut-in-formats/ Davenport took to Twitter to express his displeasure with the passing points format and that teams have little say in deciding formats
    He is right. Look at what GIMMICK racing has done for NASKY !!!

I don't understand why you have to reward a driver for passing cars when the whole idea of racing is to pass cars.

At my tracks we lined up cars based on season points....top driver started at the tail. So did last weeks feature winner. But I prepped the track so you could actually pass a car on a tacky track.

I’d put extra $$$ in the feature for cars based on drawing a finishing position....draw a #10 and the 10th place guy got extra cash....usually did that for two or three cars per feature every week... spread the money around to the little guys.

The WoO show I saw at Shawano last week was boring as hell... winner led all 40 laps. Meanwhile the IMCA stock car guys were running four wide with three guys finishing within a couple hundredths.of a second apart for the win.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

The fans probably didn't like it. I have to say sometimes you get a feeling and your gut tells you this just isn't worth it. So why tear up equipment if your mind isn't in the game. They made there choice, he openly invited people to chat with him on twitter for his 18hr ride home. I can only imagine what that was like. Moyer left to and yet he seemingly got a pass on why he did. A old GOAT leaves and everybody just watches the taillights disappear. A younger HERO leaves and everybody has a opinion.

Passing points, smashing points, look what GIMMICK racing has done for NASKY !

The same nerds making the same comments on every post. It is standard operating procedure to ignore 80% of the replies on any subject on here. You just can tell who has raced and who has fantasized abut racing. Drivers should have a bigger voice.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Default Lol

Now it’s us fans etc who know nothing. Go get your own team, and show us how it’s done. Umm, well, I’d rather make money than lose it all on racing, I’ll pass.

Passing points suck etc. Passing points is a good format with the right track. I dunno that Cedar Lake was that track till the feature.

BUT, the Twitter post that started this, the guy overdrove the car, and put it in the wall.

Not the format, the driver. I’ll go back to being idiot, who doesn’t own a car, or drive one. I just can call things as I see them.

Yes, he needs to get ready for Florence, but he put the car in the wall.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    The fans probably didn't like it. I have to say sometimes you get a feeling and your gut tells you this just isn't worth it. So why tear up equipment if your mind isn't in the game. They made there choice, he openly invited people to chat with him on twitter for his 18hr ride home. I can only imagine what that was like. Moyer left to and yet he seemingly got a pass on why he did. A old GOAT leaves and everybody just watches the taillights disappear. A younger HERO leaves and everybody has a opinion.
    I think that is because he was bashing the passing point system (which the majority of the fans love) which had absolutely nothing to do with him wrecking by himself. It was misplaced anger on his part. That is why he is being called out.

I am blessed to live in an area in which the majority of the races feature passing points, inverts, or draw-redraws and the racing is MUCH BETTER than the freight-train heads up starts.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Terry, it's 4M...where EVERYTHING is a big deal.
    And all 10 people who have their feathers ruffled are going to boo the new "bad boy" lmao.
    For the first time in the past 6 years, JD voiced displeasure at something. We should probably burn all his merchandise and join the left.
    Isnt that the truth FALS lol
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Fryefan’s post #22
    I think this post sums the whole thing up fairly correctly as to most opinions on this subject. Well stated by Fryefan. 🏁🏁

Quote Originally Posted by MADCAPRACING22 View Post
    The same nerds making the same comments on every post. It is standard operating procedure to ignore 80% of the replies on any subject on here. You just can tell who has raced and who has fantasized abut racing. Drivers should have a bigger voice.
    But your reply is one that shouldn't be ignored, right?

By the way, it was a "nerd" that made your hero so fast a couple years ago.

Will NEVER attend passing points event. Why in the hell would anyone be ok with handicapping a serious sporting event? IS THIS PRO WRESTLING????? Who in the h3ll can keep up with all action on the track with passing points.

So is it not possible he was upset about wrecking AND he also doesn’t like the passing points format?

TerryM
    Yes it is. I think everyone agrees he was upset about wrecking- & upset with the passing point format. That’s not what’s in question or what’s getting all the comments. My opinion is the reason for a lot of the responses is the fact that he knew the format when he left to go to Cedar Lake & probably doesn’t help that he left his soveneir trailer there to remain open for bussiness. I personally think he over reacted- but my thinking don’t mean squat to other people’s thinking. 🏁🏁

Come on people admit it, passing points s@ck for the drivers AND the fans. JD has the right to speak his mind.

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really something.
    5 pages cause a race team left the track.
    A (team-driver) has bad luck.loads up to go home and try to get ready
    for a race the following week .
    That BTW he is( leading the points in) and people get on here
    and go all tohell over cause the team left the track.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can watch any kind of format but I am old school and think that if you
    earn the fast time - pole, then you should start on the (POLE).

How many times have any of you herd JD bitchh,moan,cry, like
    Madden or some of the other drivers????

Some of you just cant stand to see him beat some of your favorite
    drivers and are just flat out jealous, which is so childish.

Grow up,,,, go a setttt,,,,and go tell him to his face how
    you cant stand him.

Some of you are just little ( PUSSSSYYYY'sss)
    GOOODDD DAYYY.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really something.
    5 pages cause a race team left the track.
    A (team-driver) has bad luck.loads up to go home and try to get ready
    for a race the following week .
    That BTW he is( leading the points in) and people get on here
    and go all tohell over cause the team left the track.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can watch any kind of format but I am old school and think that if you
    earn the fast time - pole, then you should start on the (POLE).

How many times have any of you herd JD bitchh,moan,cry, like
    Madden or some of the other drivers????

Some of you just cant stand to see him beat some of your favorite
    drivers and are just flat out jealous, which is so childish.

Grow up,,,, go a setttt,,,,and go tell him to his face how
    you cant stand him.

Some of you are just little ( PUSSSSYYYY'sss)
    GOOODDD DAYYY.
    He said he left because of the format. He said the format caused his misfortune. Then proceeded to bash the system.

Later, he says its because he had to get both cars ready and that he made a mistake to wreck himself.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    What did Clanton say?
    Pulled a bad slider ,was on his lid.
    As soon as he got out they ran stuck a mic
    in his face and he said ( FU%%% these passing points).
    That was on live PPV.
    Interview was over. ....