Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

No doubt he spoke out of frustration. Everybody does it occasionally. I’m sure he had the same opinion though, before he left for Cedar Lake. But these guys are going to show up for a potential $50,000 paycheck, whether they like the format or not. I personally love the passing points system and wish more tracks and/or series did it. But I also realize every track isn’t capable of pulling it off.

TerryM
    You are 100% correct.
    He may now be regretting his decision & may not be- the truth is - it was his call & not ours. So many different angles to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how this wouldn't happen in a normal heat? Guys get flat tars and they go to the back of the heat.

Yes, passing points suck for the drivers. It no secret drivers don't like it. But it's not like this can't happen anywhere on a normal weekend.
    YEP

In a normal heat if you are in heat 1 out of 6 heats
    and you are running P2 then you know that you will
    be starting the feature in P7.
    With passing points you have no clue so you have to take
    changes that you would not normally take.

Does that explain in to you ??

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Come on people admit it, passing points s@ck for the drivers AND the fans. JD has the right to speak his mind.
    Only if you like to watch freight trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I'm not sure why fans like passing points so much. To me it takes the visual importance away from heat races. Is it so great to see a guy start 8th and finish 3rd? Winning didn't mean much at all. I like having different formats for events, but not really a fan of 8/10 visually pointless heat races.
    You are completely off base. Passing cars is important, why is that so difficult to understand? Advancing positions = good, losing positions = bad. I hope I cleared that up for you.

Was t he at the back of the heat due to a flat tire, not passing points? So even in a heads up format that the heat race counted, he’d still have to drive hard to get into a transfer position.
    As others have said, he knew the format when he towed there.

Quote Originally Posted by obamaracing#1 View Post
    Will NEVER attend passing points event. Why in the hell would anyone be ok with handicapping a serious sporting event? IS THIS PRO WRESTLING????? Who in the h3ll can keep up with all action on the track with passing points.
    I would like for someone to explain how passing points is handicapping. Every driver has the exact same opportunity to accumulate passing points. If anything hadicaps drivers it's qualifying because of the changing track conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really something.
    5 pages cause a race team left the track.
    A (team-driver) has bad luck.loads up to go home and try to get ready
    for a race the following week .
    That BTW he is( leading the points in) and people get on here
    and go all tohell over cause the team left the track.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can watch any kind of format but I am old school and think that if you
    earn the fast time - pole, then you should start on the (POLE).

How many times have any of you herd JD bitchh,moan,cry, like
    Madden or some of the other drivers????

Some of you just cant stand to see him beat some of your favorite
    drivers and are just flat out jealous, which is so childish.

Grow up,,,, go a setttt,,,,and go tell him to his face how
    you cant stand him.

Some of you are just little ( PUSSSSYYYY'sss)
    GOOODDD DAYYY.
    Look at you, doing exactly what you are b!tching at us for doing.

And ya get your panties all wadded up and are off base.

I like JD, and it’s certainly his preference to not have a passing points format. That’s fine. I, nor I think most would have said a word, had he got trashed by some local with no chance of making it. But because of passing points he was by JD and got him.

What you fail to mention in your little rant, is that JD stepped on his d!ck. And your darn right I’d tell him that. No format caused JD to overdrive 3 and nail the wall in 4. JD did that because he screwed up. Just like he screwed up at Tri City a ton too. I understand leaving to get ready for Florence. But it was no formats fault. He just needed to look in the mirror.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    But your reply is one that shouldn't be ignored, right?

By the way, it was a "nerd" that made your hero so fast a couple years ago.
    Correct on the first sentence. The second sentence is a typical response. Trying to lump Rumley in with the 10 or 12 nerds on here like you is laughable.
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Quote Originally Posted by MADCAPRACING22 View Post
    Correct on the first sentence. The second sentence is a typical response. Trying to lump Rumley in with the 10 or 12 nerds on here like you is laughable.
    Really is pretty simple, then don’t race. I thoroughly enjoy the, you don’t race, so you don’t get it opinion. My Dad did for about 16 years, my brother has for about 16 years.

I get it, and no way in he!! am I going to do it. I like vacations, I like nice cars, I like my free time. You race, unless you are filthy rich, you sacrifice them things.

Not sure why you’d wanna be on here associating with nerds, it may rub off. Rumley’s a nerd in the best use of the word. It’s a big compliment to call Rumley that, he’s a very smart guy. I could care less what you or Mee or anyone else calls me. Just shows lack of maturity, intelligence. Signed nerd on 4m.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

In regards to his souvenir trailer, chances are they couldn't get it out. WOO isn't going to move their trailer and neither is anyone else. Moyer actually stayed and helped a few guys. The car went home. Lots of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) gets torn up in passing points. I'm fine with the two heat passing points format. But I am a fan. I am also equally fine with time trails or even inverting the first four.

Hey look C&B has been draging his tool in the dirt for yrs and he hasnt steped on his!🤣🤣
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I waved to JD as he left. Passing points over time trials any day all day.

The real racers from back in the day wouldn't have whined about the format. They would have manned up and passed everybody. I would like to know how many of Bob Wearing Sr.'s wins were pill draw races since he raced most frequently in Western PA or how many of those wins he had to start in the back because he won the prior week. Do you think he whined if he didn't win? A lot of these drivers nowadays aren't men anymore. They're whining, entitled pansies. I understand that racing is more of a business than a hobby nowadays, but us fans didn't ask for that. The drivers made it that way. It's still a hobby for us fans, and we want to be entertained when we attend a race. Entertainment is the only reason why we attend, we don't benefit monetarily like the drivers do. So let us have our few big pill draw races every year, and shut the hell up and race.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 08-04-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The real racers from back in the day wouldn't have whined about the format. They would have manned up and passed everybody. I would like to know how many of Bob Wearing Sr.'s wins were pill draw races since he raced most frequently in Western PA or how many of those wins he had to start in the back because he won the prior week. Do you think he whined if he didn't win? A lot of these drivers nowadays aren't men anymore. They're whining, entitled pansies. I understand that racing is more of a business than a hobby nowadays, but us fans didn't ask for that. The drivers made it that way. It's still a hobby for us fans, and we want to be entertained when we attend a race. Entertainment is the only reason why we attend, we don't benefit monetarily like the drivers do. So let us have our few big pill draw races every year, and shut the hell up and race.
    There are a few tracks back in Mr. Invitationals day that would make all the visiting teams start in the back of the last heat race. Drivers WOULD complain about the silly passing points gimmick because they don't want their racecars tore up. GIMMICK racing = empty seats !!!!!

GIMMICK racing = EMPTY SEATS ! Just look what it did for NASKY !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    I waved to JD as he left. Passing points over time trials any day all day.
    How did u wave? With a 49 hand?👍👍
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Gear Head

Very well said sir!!
    No fans=no cars
    No cars=no fans
    No tracks= no fans or cars

Like you just stated: for the fans- racing is entertainment. The tracks, promotor, & race teams need to all realize the “entertainment “ aspect or we as fans, race teams & race tracks will just slowly disappear!
    🏁🏁

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    2 laps How is that fair I have seen were the 10th car goes out and they a 1 sec faster thats fair, the time can change as fast as the track can change and it comes down to if you went first or went last and that Fair ?Add: and to cars tore up that happens every race point or time trials it dont matter
    It is JUST AS FAIR as leaving your heat starting position to a pill draw. A few heats were completely loaded. CarDirt you are entitled to your point of view and me mine. I personally didn't like the PDC format with the "mini-features". A couple of features were loaded and one looked like a pretty regular night. But I like racing, so I'll go watch. RACING ISN'T FAIR. That's just how it goes.

I had the pleasure to see many of the Western Pa greats back in the day and guys like Wearing Sr, Watt, Scott, etc regularly started in the back because they more often than not handicapped the heat winners and or the previous weeks winner to the back.
    Thing is they usually ended up winning or on the podium at the end of the night. They drove their azz off!
    That's why no one in Western Pa will ever sniff Bob Wearing Sr's record of 626 wins.....