Default Fast 49 takes shot at passing points format on Twitter

Jonathan Davenport

@TheFast49

Thanks to passing points format...
    Quote Tweet

Cole Perkins

@ColePerkins12
    · 22m
    5 drivers including @TheFast49, Billy Moyer, Steven Roberts, Blake Spencer and Tyler Bruening decided to end their weekend early and depart after last nights Heat Races.

From JD:

Passing points is a terrible format for high paying profile races. At the pinnacle of our sport events the teams that put in countless hours to make their car the best shouldn’t be handicapped. Anyone want to argue go ahead & reply I’ve got an 18 hour ride to the jig.

He stepped on his d!ck, had nothing to do with the format. I like JD, but Jesus. That was all him.

Bobby or Scott this would get 10 pages, precious JD, 1-2. Most probably cupping his nuts.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Shane Clanton said it best about passing points...

I don't EVER want to hear these dumbazzes thank the fans again. I don't want to hear their insincere thanks and praise of fans for showing up to races, etc. I saw tons of people buying JD merchandise yesterday, and for many, it's the only time of the whole season they will get to see him and the others race. And what do they do to thank the fans for coming out to the races, and buying their merch?..........take a big crap on them, and head out of town early. Their whiny B.S has become tiresome.

p.s. They should have taken Doom Briggs with them......don't even get me started on him!!

They didn't have to leave. If you want to end passing points, that takes a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtTrick View Post
    I don't EVER want to hear these dumbazzes thank the fans again. I don't want to hear their insincere thanks and praise of fans for showing up to races, etc. I saw tons of people buying JD merchandise yesterday, and for many, it's the only time of the whole season they will get to see him and the others race. And what do they do to thank the fans for coming out to the races, and buying their merch?..........take a big crap on them, and head out of town early. Their whiny B.S has become tiresome.

p.s. They should have taken Doom Briggs with them......don't even get me started on him!!
    Go argue with him on Twitter about that.
    He said he had 18 hours.

If you don't have an acct, make one up. Takes 5 minutes.

Personally I think it is cool that some of the major events have different formats. Not all the same show. Like last week at PDC with a qualifying feature format instead of heats. Variety changes things up a bit. I’m guessing as long as the 50k is on the table the big boys will still show up

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    What did Clanton say?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    He said he had 18 hours.

Yeah, might do that(don't have twitter or facebook.....not much into that). I do see his Merch guy on twitter telling everyone to come out today and buy the new DriFit shirts.....LOL. Are you kidding me? Guy takes his ball and goes home, and the Merch trailer is still there?(probably can't get the trailer out of there...but at least close it up) I will definitely be visiting the trailer later and letting fans know what's up. I get it if you wreck your car and don't have a back up. Yep, load up and head out. Pretty sure he has a good backup. Heck.....Terbo is on the pole tonight with his back up!!

I expect it from Moyer, cuz that's what he does (pretty consistent with it too). Butt, didn't expect it from JD. Oh well, just gives some other guy who wants to be there, a shot of coming out of the Bmain

I just 1 guy, but I absolutely refuse to buy a ticket to watch a passing points show. When I see a pass on the race track I by god want to know what place that’s for. The heats are no different than hot laps to me.

The silver dollar nationals at I-80 runs passing points and you don’t see the drivers complaining or leaving early.

I definitely get that. I like the format, but understand those who don't. I mainly have an issue with guys showing up to a place knowing the format (which they all did for this race), and then complaining about the format when things don't go their way......and then slapping the fans in the face by leaving early. Put your big boy pants on....pull out the back up car.....qualify for the A main, and collect $3,000!!

All I can tell you is he is speaking out of frustration.
    I've spoken to a majority of the top top drivers at some point or another about this subject and I'd say 80% can't stand the format.
    They still show up because hey, a lot them make a living doing so.
    Personally, as a fan, I enjoy the points because we get to see so many heat races! That's a big win for our money spent.
    However, if you do get lucky and draw the front row, as opposed to the back row, I can see how it would be frustrating to the unlucky drivers.
    Yes, you can try to work your way around the guys in front of you in 10 laps. That's where track prep is essential for a passing points system.
    Anyway, I'm not siding with or going against JD or any other driver.
    Just trying to give a bit of perspective.
    Get a chance, go to his twitter page. It's a fun read.
    If nothing else, JD is speaking out, which is a rarity (good or bad). Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Will there were a lot of things I had to do at work i did not like but i still went to work. they need to lock the lip or boycott the race.
    Hey, I've said things out of frustration that I probably didn't want to looking back. It happens.
    I get it, though Cardirt. You are entitled to your opinion. 👍

Talking

All I can tell you is he is speaking out of frustration.
    I've spoken to a majority of the top top drivers at some point or another about this subject and I'd say 80% can't stand the format.
    They still show up because hey, a lot them make a living doing so.
    Personally, as a fan, I enjoy the points because we get to see so many heat races! That's a big win for our money spent.
    However, if you do get lucky and draw the front row, as opposed to the back row, I can see how it would be frustrating to the unlucky drivers.
    Yes, you can try to work your way around the guys in front of you in 10 laps. That's where track prep is essential for a passing points system.
    Anyway, I'm not siding with or going against JD or any other driver.
    Just trying to give a bit of perspective.
    Get a chance, go to his twitter page. It's a fun read.
    If nothing else, JD is speaking out, which is a rarity (good or bad). Lol

Solid post FALS and good perspective. I'm guilty on the frustration part as well. Don't mind drivers speaking out about thngs, it's just as much about them as the fans, and they need to be heard. It's the leaving early....when you don't have to part. But yeah, the track wasn't as conducive for passing as it has been in the past, and you better have a passable track for this type of format.

o.k. my BP is starting to come down....haha!!

The track condition has a lot to do with passing points. Last night a front row spot in the first set of heats gave you a great advantage as passing was easier in the second round.Cars did not seem to be able to hold their line unlike I80.If you have a decent numbers of cars the pdc qualifying is the best. Great value both nights.

Guess davendouche shouldnt run north south next week lol

He said he had 18 hours.

Just read thru the questions and answers he's given. Gotta admit he's being a stand up guy about it. Agree or disagree with him, it's refreshing to see someone take a stand and discuss it with race fans.