Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Wow. I had no idea when I made a joke that he would get so frustrated. Hilarious.

Yeah Norm you may have reopened something in his life with that joke. No daddy No. LOL

It's funny. These people take this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) way too seriously. You throw a little bait their way and suddenly they're so wrapped around the axle the best they can do is whine and call people nerds, or worse. Easiest fishing in the world.

So predictable what will happen if you push just the right buttons. Maybe I'll change my name to Dr. Pavlov.

I don’t know how many threads I’ve read and people are stating here we go again with ten pages of this and that. Isn’t this a f****** message board. Aren’t we here to discuss and debate crap. If you can’t handle it or your feelings get hurt when someone disagrees with you, get out of here. Everything’s not always personal, calm down.

Just face it, your favorite driver probably HATES passing points. These guys work on these cars extremely hard and are racing to put food on the table, drivers and crew members both. This sport shouldn’t have this Mickey Mouse bs involved with it

Racing is supposed to be a hobby, not a business. They turned it into a business, not the fans, so don't punish us. If they get to make their hobby their business then they are very fortunate but they still need to understand that from a fan perspective it's still all about the entertainment value. If they don't keep fans entertained then the fans stop coming and the racers no longer have their hobby or their business. The fans have less to lose, they only lose a hobby that can be easily replaced with something else.

Here’s the rub. I’m thinking Davenport would be okay with format if he knew exactly how many cars he had to pass to transfer. Like if it was just a pill draw show where you have to finish top 4 of your heat, this tweet probably doesn’t happen.

One of his tweets admits he overdrove the car trying to make a pass he wasn’t even sure he had to make.

Maybe tweak the format and get rid of the passing points. Instead of double heats, just make the heats 20 laps. That should be more than enough time to work your way to front if you start in the back.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

With all due respect to Jonathan Davenport and the other fine racers who don't like passing points, I offer my opinion. I believe most fans do NOT like qualifying and watching the fastest cars start up front. Sure, one might tear up a car in a heat race trying to make the show, but the same thing can happen in qualifying. Also, if you mess up in qualifying, you can dig yourself into a hole similar to what might happen in multiple passing point heat races. Racing should be about who accomplished the most RACING with other cars on the track. Not who can qualify well out there by themselves and then run off ahead of the pack and hide.

passing points is not the true way of getting the absolute best cars in feature.if your not a full time member of that sanction it's even harder have seen drivers put down the fastest time but not make the feature because of the sanction takes care of it's own first they are the first to be handed down the provinals.if you are a visitor even through you did set the fastest lap time and finished 4th in a ten lap heat race you better off to pack it up and head home.by this format drivers are getting screwed,the way knoxville does it more fair play this why you do not see many drivers visit different sanction races as decades ago.

I used to race mini sprints in a passing points format. I don't know a single person who actually likes it. There's too much unknown. That being said, if you show up knowing that is the format don't cry when thats what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by luke81 View Post
    I used to race mini sprints in a passing points format. I don't know a single person who actually likes it. There's too much unknown. That being said, if you show up knowing that is the format don't cry when thats what happens.
    Maybe that's because the people you knew couldn't pass anybody. Lol That would be the only reason not to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Maybe that's because the people you knew couldn't pass anybody. Lol That would be the only reason not to like it.
    The passing point formats that I have raced under were more so starting position to finishing position. A guy could technically not pass a car and advance 5 spots if the guys who started in front of him had a problem. I've not ever saw a point breakdown for such races that says you get this many points for passing a car, this many points for passing 3 cars, etc. I've only ever saw a chart that shows how many points you get if you start here and finish there. Also, It's top heavy for the top finishing guys as you get more points for starting 5th and winning than it is to start 8th and finish 4th although the same number of positions were advanced. I'm not going to bash the system as long as the drivers know beforehand that it is being used. I believe both sides have stated good arguments both for and against. The only part that bothers me about it at all is that the fans do not know who made it in and who didn't until the race is long over, but if they are good with it because they feel it added excitement, then so be it.

[QUOTE=chupp n bloomer fan

Bobby or Scott this would get 10 pages, precious JD, 1-2. Most probably cupping his nuts.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the calculation !!!!
    LOL

Racing is supposed to be a hobby, not a business. They turned it into a business, not the fans, so don't punish us. If they get to make their hobby their business then they are very fortunate but they still need to understand that from a fan perspective it's still all about the entertainment value. If they don't keep fans entertained then the fans stop coming and the racers no longer have their hobby or their business. The fans have less to lose, they only lose a hobby that can be easily replaced with something else.
    JUST CURIOUS
    Do you even go to any dirt race's ???

Sounds like you are talking about that fake-a$$ wrestling.

Just ask the USMTS modified racers how passing points works. They've been using it for years I believe. JD being the professional racer that he is should make it his business to know exactly how the points system works. But the format still had nothing to do with his flat tire or hitting the wall. His 18 hour long road trip to fix his car is on him.

Car count is down pretty much everywhere in all classes. It has nothing to do with passing points just good ol $$$$. There are probably only a few race teams actually making a profit from racing and that's because T-shirt sales is their biggest income.

What if you draw the pole for a heat race and win it? How are you able to get any passing points?

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    What if you draw the pole for a heat race and win it? How are you able to get any passing points?
    You get finishing points. 59 Points.

2nd gets 55, 3rd 51, and so on. Then you get 1.76 per car passed.

So the fans spending their hard earned money shouldn't get a say? Davenport is now in the same category as Clanton and Moyer. They're all whiners that hate the fans. Every time time they thank the fans it's laughable.
    4m post of the month!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    JUST CURIOUS
    Do you even go to any dirt race's ???

Sounds like you are talking about that fake-a$$ wrestling.
    No, never.

Davenport lost a fan here after his little melt down. And Boom...well you gotta be capable of passing cars so i can see why you don't like them.