Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I don't care for passing points either. All luck of the draw. Pierce got stuck in 2 difficult heats and the track wasn't as good as usual. I was thinking about going tonight but decided to stay home. Might get ppv though.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Just read thru the questions and answers he's given. Gotta admit he's being a stand up guy about it. Agree or disagree with him, it's refreshing to see someone take a stand and discuss it with race fans.
    That's what I'm saying. He's interacting. I'm cool with that.

Well, apparently Tri-City is trashing their points format per Kenny Wallace on Twitter 5 minutes ago:

Our friends at @TriCity11 In Granite city Illinois have just announced on Friday night that they are getting rid of passing points for MOD MANIA in September because passing points causes to much confusion. @TheFast49 FOR THE FANS and competitors..

Fals I can completely understand their point. But on the flip side, I like it because it gives drivers who aren't good qualifiers a chance to still get a good start in main. Yes my favorite driver is not a good qualifier, and 10 laps in a heat race on a wet track is basically just glorified hot laps still...so I agree a good track is key, but I see both sides of the coin...

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Fals I can completely understand their point. But on the flip side, I like it because it gives drivers who aren't good qualifiers a chance to still get a good start in main. Yes my favorite driver is not a good qualifier, and 10 laps in a heat race on a wet track is basically just glorified hot laps still...so I agree a good track is key, but I see both sides of the coin...
    For sure.
    Hopefully, the track is on point tonight for some good racing.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart fan View Post
    Guess davendouche shouldnt run north south next week lol
    Guessing you like Shane Stewart then?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

JD has a point. Gimmicks have no place in high stakes racing. Passing points, pill draws, spinning wheels and even trophy dashes should be reserved for those local weekend warriors. Timing for position is the fair way for all participants to qualify...….Granted, JD could be more gracious and we fans could be less critical.

If JD doesn't knock the wall down off of 4, he's not in the hauler with 18 hrs to play on Twitter...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

If this was a Lucas show he probably takes backup out and if problems in B main gets a provisional, not available at this Woo show. Probably needs to get more stuff ready for next weekend . Hard racer that's pissed at the moment.

I lost respect for JD. Handicapped? Lmao! You got two races to go out and "race". That's what this sport is.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The uniformed idiocy never ceases to amaze me. He has a Lucas oil points race with passing points next week. He is taking the car to put it on the jig so he has 2 good ones for the Lucas points race. This is a WOO non points race for him.

It's not a take my ball and go home as he has a passing points Lucas race next week.

Go give what he had to say a read before you bash .
    Last edited by CarolinaDirt; 08-03-2019 at 05:08 PM.

"Spinning Wheels" can anyone say this years Dream front row

Can someone explain to me how this wouldn't happen in a normal heat? Guys get flat tars and they go to the back of the heat.

Yes, passing points suck for the drivers. It no secret drivers don't like it. But it's not like this can't happen anywhere on a normal weekend.

If it was not for the fans... There would be no Late Model racing... Most fans like the passing points format... I'm sorry that you over drove you're car and put it in the wall. Passing points did not cause you to over drive you're car.(You Did) It seemed like he had no problem with the format @ I-80. If JD has that big of a problem with that format. Then PLEASE do not even show up @ the North South then. Maybe go fishing or something...

Him not showing up might be about the only way any LUCAS guys might catch him in points.

JD needs next weekends points race much more than a non-points race. This wasn't a JD decision. This was a collective team decision.
    We all know this, right? Just checking. Lol

Here is something else JD said that explains why they made this decision:

Pay attention..... 18 hour drive wash car truck & trailer take car apart put car on jig fix car put car back together set up car drive 8 hours to get more tires (bc every track has different tire rules) get tires ready drive 4 hours to track be there by Thursday 

He also listed Eldora and FALS as 2 formats who got it right for high profile races.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Him not showing up might be about the only way any LUCAS guys might catch him in points.

JD needs next weekends points race much more than a non-points race. This wasn't a JD decision. This was a collective team decision.
    We all know this, right? Just checking. Lol

Here is something else JD said that explains why they made this decision:

Pay attention..... 18 hour drive wash car truck & trailer take car apart put car on jig fix car put car back together set up car drive 8 hours to get more tires (bc every track has different tire rules) get tires ready drive 4 hours to track be there by Thursday 

He also listed Eldora and FALS as 2 formats who got it right for high profile races.
    #FALSuperman you got it right! The team has lots of work to do and i don't blame him for leaving. Passing points su@k.

Default Jonathan Davenport speaks out against passing points; lack of input in formats

https://insidedirtracing.com/jonatha...ut-in-formats/

Davenport took to Twitter to express his displeasure with the passing points format and that teams have little say in deciding formats

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    The uniformed idiocy never ceases to amaze me. He has a Lucas oil points race with passing points next week. He is taking the car to put it on the jig so he has 2 good ones for the Lucas points race. This is a WOO non points race for him.

It's not a take my ball and go home as he has a passing points Lucas race next week.

Go give what he had to say a read before you bash .
    My reading comprehension is top notch. I read his tweet.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    https://insidedirtracing.com/jonatha...ut-in-formats/

Davenport took to Twitter to express his displeasure with the passing points format and that teams have little say in deciding formats
    Inmates don't run the asylum.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Why should "the big dogs" get to tell the tracks what kind of system helps them stay at the top ? Doesn't passing points provide a way for some new faces to have a chance they might not have if Davenport and Co. gets to set all the rules. The fans pay big bucks to see these races. They like to see some new people win on occasion---maybe guys that can't buy the most expensive equipment and pit help. I applaud owners who think of ways to keep putting butts in the stands. Empty seats are very unfriendly to drivers---yes, even to Davenport.