Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SAS at TST

Thanks to all who came out and endured the heat, power outage, scoring issues and the late hour. We lost 1 hour and 45 minutes to unforeseen delays. Bummed about that but we had a great, fun crowd. 123 cars in the pits. Good to see all the folks from this board and others, looked for ya DC, guess I just flat missed you. 2020 will have another edition of this race. Long but fun night. The fans cleaned our concession stand out, the peanut vendors, and the ice cream truck sold out as well.

Dang it was muggy out there. Good to see you and the wife Chris.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Good night of racing. Few delays last night that no one could control. Lights go out. Time trials timing errors for supers. But when it was feature time, 3 grooves were there. Hate Winger had trouble. Him and Page was about to get it on in lapped traffic racing but Ashton had troubles. Then Hiett came on late. Hickman lost his his cool wis Hiett for no reason I think. Just tight tight racing. Caused a dozen car pileup. After that Page had it in the bag. ....announced Page was running a Durham. Was that correct? ....Hey Mark, was the crates or other lower classes suppose to time trial too and track changed to heats after time trial timing troubles? Great night of action. I’m guessing things probably wrapped up for you round 3 am or so.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Mark, you made my wife’s night. She was the one wearing the New Kids On the Block Shirt. I told her when we left the house she was going to stick out like sore thumb. 🤣 Was a good show even though there were several gremlins. We will probably be back for Nascar weekend.

good night of racing , should have went with a harder tire on the 35 , but hind sight is 20 20 , i see ole hiett still has a few of them left over bad habits , he was no where near clearing hickman , but hey , home track and 10 grand , i would have probably tried it my self , any way , good job as usual to mark and the whole TST crew , i tried to make it up to see yall , but just never got the chance , also thanks for the ride back down on the golf cart preacher , good talking to you.............

Pages race cars always look good lol.

We wrapped up at 2:04am. Only the SLM's timed in, the rest ran qualifying heat races to determine the feature lineups. Track held up nicely despite the pounding it took last night.

What really got me was how many folks stayed till the very end, it was quite remarkable. When I left at 2:30am there was still folks out in the parking lot hanging out and a line to get out. Today it seems I am draggin' my tail after hitting the sack at 4:00am. and getting up at 8, getting old I guess,lol.

LMM

Me and my group had a good time. Good luck rest of the year and we’ll see you in 2020. ...almost football time.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Roll d@mn tide

Whos equipment was Hiett in? I know hes sold all his stuff And the ride he was gonna be in fell through due to mechanical problems the weekend before.

He was in the #85 ride that has had a few wheelman in the seat the last number of races.

LMM

Oh ok, thank you. I know he was supposed to be in Lively's #21, but didnt happen due to engine trouble from the weekend before. Would have been good to see any of the local guys win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Thanks to all who came out and endured the heat, power outage, scoring issues and the late hour. We lost 1 hour and 45 minutes to unforeseen delays. Bummed about that but we had a great, fun crowd. 123 cars in the pits. Good to see all the folks from this board and others, looked for ya DC, guess I just flat missed you. 2020 will have another edition of this race. Long but fun night. The fans cleaned our concession stand out, the peanut vendors, and the ice cream truck sold out as well.

Dang it was muggy out there. Good to see you and the wife Chris.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer
    Good to meet you. Thanks so much for the hospitality.
    What a great fan friendly track!!!