Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirt On Dirt

Thumbs down Dirt On Dirt

Been a subscriber from the start but I think I'm done. The heat videos from the N/S are about as pathetic as it can get. I have always praised DoD for their work but for 6 heat races to have a total of less than 5 minutes total is a joke. They are all about their precious pay per views and have let the rest of their content go down the chitter. If that's all they have to offer nowadays, I'll start getting my fix off of social media. Theirs plenty content out there for free. Folks are live streaming these events every weekend nowadays so why pay to watch it the next day on DoD when they show you lap 1, then the last lap?
    8/13/16

I agree but I still prefer DoD,

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Been a subscriber from the start but I think I'm done. The heat videos from the N/S are about as pathetic as it can get. I have always praised DoD for their work but for 6 heat races to have a total of less than 5 minutes total is a joke. They are all about their precious pay per views and have let the rest of their content go down the chitter. If that's all they have to offer nowadays, I'll start getting my fix off of social media. Theirs plenty content out there for free. Folks are live streaming these events every weekend nowadays so why pay to watch it the next day on DoD when they show you lap 1, then the last lap?
    It ain’t them though man. It’s Lucas. It was discussed on here. Lucas told them to dial back their coverage. No joke.

What really blows is I gotta watch it through a guy on Facebook in turn 3. Because a $50k race this day in age isn’t on any outlet. And a Crown Jewel to boot. And the racing wasn’t too bad.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Hey Tracy it’s not DoD faults, it’s what Lucas oil only allows them to do, so I hope this gives u a better idea, it’s lucas being greedy actually

Quote Originally Posted by highside hustler25 View Post
    been a subscriber from the start but i think i'm done. The heat videos from the n/s are about as pathetic as it can get. I have always praised dod for their work but for 6 heat races to have a total of less than 5 minutes total is a joke. They are all about their precious pay per views and have let the rest of their content go down the chitter. If that's all they have to offer nowadays, i'll start getting my fix off of social media. Theirs plenty content out there for free. Folks are live streaming these events every weekend nowadays so why pay to watch it the next day on dod when they show you lap 1, then the last lap?
    i was gonna post the same thing today highside....i can see cutting the cautions out , but they only showed 3 laps of one of them...

this race isn't being shown of lucas tv...so i dont know if lucas is the problem or not...lucas wasn't a problem in the past ,but maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    i was gonna post the same thing today highside....i can see cutting the cautions out , but they only showed 3 laps of one of them...
    They are doing what Lucas says. Lucas has their own video site, remember?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

You should be happy you live somewhere that has good enough internet to be able to watch videos without constant buffering.

There are things I could complain about, but DOD ain’t one of them. DOD is awesome in every way. I’m a subscriber for life. Really can’t understand how anyone could complain about DOD in any way. Other than Rigs being a Duke fan lol.

Since where on the subject, anyone else have issues loading the recap video from the heats from last night? Tried twice said same thing both times?

The same people funding besides us at Dirt on dirt are the same corporate sponsors of dirt on dirt. It would really be nice to return to ALL crown jewels being unsanctioned. Nobody deserves a provisional at a crown jewel. Lucas Oil and the WOO has not been a blessing to dirt track racing at least the late models.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    The same people funding besides us at Dirt on dirt are the same corporate sponsors of dirt on dirt. It would really be nice to return to ALL crown jewels being unsanctioned. Nobody deserves a provisional at a crown jewel. Lucas Oil and the WOO has not been a blessing to dirt track racing at least the late models.
    If you’re going to create a “crown jewel” event without sanction, and pay crown jewel money and charge crown jewel admission, how can you guarantee the top drivers will be there? Unless you’re Eldora ... you can’t. I’ll take the sanctions and Eldora.

If the sanctions were for the sport, they would make it like baseball with American and National leagues. Utilize the natural rivalry. Maybe even build some AL/NL team aspect into it. Big races would be awarded "crown jewel" status and they would be co-sanctioned. Your results in those crown jewels would then be used in some manner for the World Finals, also co sanctioned. Nothing else would change, you run your series as you see fit. It would guarantee every car would be at a crown jewel.
    Last edited by turnleftandgasit; 08-10-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Crown Jewel is an utterly useless term these days. I agree. A Lucas race is just a Lucas race. Some pay better than others.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It seems lately the money has become the bench mark for a "crown jewel" while the money is very important. A crown jewel in my opinion is a race in which racers would do anything to win. It could pay 1000$ and we would still all be racing for it.(obviously no body would really run a big event for 1000$) nobody cares about the 40 whatever thousand the world pays. We want to hold that globe.i don't even remember what the Knoxville nationals pay but i know i wanna run it regardless

That whole watching streamed races on Facebook by an unauthorized individual to broadcast it is kind of like stealing isn't it?its definitely bootlegging.

People will do just about anything these days to get what they want despite knowing it isn't exactly ok....and a lot of those same guys then scream about morality and the good old days.....smdh

I'm a DOD fan btw.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That whole watching streamed races on Facebook by an unauthorized individual to broadcast it is kind of like stealing isn't it?its definitely bootlegging.

People will do just about anything these days to get what they want despite knowing it isn't exactly ok....and a lot of those same guys then scream about morality and the good old days.....smdh

I'm a DOD fan btw.
    Please explain to me how I’m going to watch it then if I cannot attend. They know he’s there, it’s no secret. He videos a lot of races.

He’s not doing it in secret, he gets no money from it. It is none of them things you’re b!tching about. He paid to get in. If there was a PPV I’d buy it. Not my problem no one is smart enough to offer it.

But yet you wanna talk about morality and that, wth? To he!! with the good old days. Treat people right no matter the day. If they don’t offer it on PPV and a guy will stream it, not secretly, I’ll watch it. That’s on Lucas and Florence for no PPV etc.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I see both sides of this argument and while i don't support any form of social media. If i had facebook i would watch but i also agree that it is no different than taking a camera into a movie theater. I know when i was younger many racetracks had signs saying no cameras or recording devices allowed. I could imagine their still their just get overlooked

I love DOD but would have to agree about the lack of coverage. It was probably the worst heat race footage ive seen from them. I have been a long time subscriber to the site and will continue to be one.

Hey CnB... it’s not live on PPV thanks to Josh King being greedy