Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden Thread?

I just can't bring myself to be a fan. Prime example: He totally used up Marlar Saturday at Florence and then stood in victory lane and answered a question about starting in the back with a comment about being worried someone would throw a stupid slider. He should be likable but his attitude on the track is unbearable.

Just because you throw in "he's exciting and he's very talented" in all your condescending comments about someone doesn't automatically exclude you from being a hater. Mike Harrison is a great driver and exciting to watch and I can't stand him. Throwing that little disclaimer in your comment doesn't mean a thing, you still are very much one...

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    The Gaffney Goon Squad really that's what we are goin to go with huh? Come on man that's a little messed up to label it that.
    It was said tounge in cheek.....his hard core fans aren't lunatics.....unless of course you count me.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Give it up , you'll never be able to pin the Bobby hater label on........it won't stick no matter how much duct tape you use.

Here's the disclaimer you keep overlooking......that multiple people say regularly....that you deny and ignore.
    "32 is good.....you and the jv cheer squad, not so much"

Quote Originally Posted by jb20 View Post
    I just can't bring myself to be a fan. Prime example: He totally used up Marlar Saturday at Florence and then stood in victory lane and answered a question about starting in the back with a comment about being worried someone would throw a stupid slider. He should be likable but his attitude on the track is unbearable.
    Mike had a run on him, but Madden ran him wide through 3 and 4, used him up, and came across his nose. After all that contact, Marlar fell like a rock. Very dirty move on Madden’s part. Mike is a very good person and had a good car that could’ve won!!
    Trip the light fantastic!

Marlar didn't mention 1 thing about it in his interview. Said he was way too aggressive that early.

Marlar hit the wall on his own before he Madden were racing hard. The 157 was going to be the car to beat up to his own mistake.

BBQ I am sorry that I took that the wrong way. I hope you can overlook my sensitivity on that issue and Ill start doing a better job of reading comprehension

Marlar absolutely ruined his own night. That has no bearing on the fact that Madden used him up. As for Mikey not complaining in his interview, I can't recall the last time he trashed someone on camera. He just doesn't operate that way.

No apology needed, and sorry if I offended the fine folks in the gaffney area with the lame humor.

I dont really care for some of Chris's finger pointing some time but I do like him as one of my favorite racers, and really like him a lot as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    The Gaffney Goon Squad really that's what we are goin to go with huh? Come on man that's a little messed up to label it that.
    Racncowboy u going to turn in ur cowboy hat and join them? Lol
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

That was on me SS......

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That was on me SS......
    Im just messing w rcb its all good
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Their are a few reasons not to be a fan of Madden but if you question his talent, you either can’t spot talent or you haven’t been around Dirt Late Model racing in the south for the last 10 years. Expect for that short stint in a chassis that didn’t jive with his driving style, he is almost always a threat to win. Please separate skill and personality.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    All Madden has done is run the middle lane, stick to that, and win. No talent whatsoever just runs in the same place and wins. Guy can't drive for crap. He just got lucky in the Bloomer car as it's doing all the work while Chris just sits in the c0ckpit with the car basically on cruise control.
    I call that a Smooth Operator
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    All Madden has done is run the middle lane, stick to that, and win. No talent whatsoever just runs in the same place and wins. Guy can't drive for crap. He just got lucky in the Bloomer car as it's doing all the work while Chris just sits in the c0ckpit with the car basically on cruise control.
    madden has also been good at collecting oversized checks. and recently there have been very big numbers on them.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

BBQ I wouldn't worry about it to much these Gaffney people have a pretty tough skin. SS yea I might have to trade the cowboy hat in and join the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    there will be a 20 page thread if madden keeps kicking bloomer's behind while racing the same car.

or maybe madden won't get to keep that ride while continually beating the house car driver.

jmo: I don't think these two personalities are made for a long term relationship.

but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), madden is tearing it up right now while bloomer gets back in tune!
    Don’t see that thread happening, the 20 page thread. He does he does, when Bloomer says he’s good and is still losing, is what it is. And Madden is going to his own cars as soon as they are done. But the combination right now is just on point. Crazy.

And no, I don’t think their personalities can co exist very long. But they are winning, so it’s sunshine and rainbows.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Well, looks like We have the one two finish for the World 100 this year. Not sure which is which. Probably Bloomer/Madden on that race. This weekend seems to belong to Madden though.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Well, looks like We have the one two finish for the World 100 this year. Not sure which is which. Probably Bloomer/Madden on that race. This weekend seems to belong to Madden though.
    I see you are still taking Bloomquist to win like he is actually 100%. Maybe by that time he will be close though...

What if they were first and second, that would be worth the watch!!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 08-16-2019 at 04:18 PM.