Default Jason Hiett/Riley Hickman Dustup at SAS Race@TST

It is truly interesting the view points fans have after a incident on the track. Saturday night at the Governors SAS race at TST there were some wildly different perspectives on the race changing mess that piled up so many cars late in the race. The Riley Hickman-Jason Hiett deal that gathered so many cars and produced a rare for TST red flag.

Thoughts and viewpoints on this game changing events.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer....I did not call this race as the SAS dude was callin' it.

Hiett didn't get a good restart and let Hickman get by him. Hiett knew if he was going to have a chance to win he had be aggressive to get back by him. Hiett pinched Hickman pretty good off 4 and Hickman didn't like it. So when Hiett was trying to gather it back up Hickman drove all the way up to his rear ended and turned him in front of the field. Then the demo derby was on.

It looked like 2 drivers being aggressive trying to win with laps winding down. Temper got the best of Hickman and he took out half the field because of it. They basically gave Page the win after that. Would have really likeed to seen if Hiett would have a chance at Page. Probably not but one can wish.

MOST racers race by i will drive you the way you drive me, so the 85 car got back what he was giving !!

I had to work Saturday night, so I didn't see it in person, but from the DOD video, it looked as if Hiett thought he had him cleared, but he didn't. And it looked as if Hickman was racing hard and didn't let off. I'm a Hiett fan, but he came up, so In my opinion it was Hiett's fault. Was thrilled when I pulled up DOD on my phone and seen he was in the field!!! Anyone know if he's gonna be in that ride some more??? Is that the former A19 ride? Is RJ still racing that car any?

jason is use to the locals letting up and giving him the whole track , riley hickman is not one of them , i have gained a lot of respect for hiett , he has improved tremendously from when he was young , just every now and then a few of those bad habits emerge like that pass attempt , but hey , like i said in the other thread , for 10 k , i might have done the same thing , i hope he finds a good , stable ride because he , IMO , is good enough to go a lot further , just needs a stable ride ......jmo.....

That was some serious racing out there. You could feel the intensity.

LMM

I wish Ashton Winger would not have broke. I think he had the car to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    That was some serious racing out there. You could feel the intensity.

LMM
    Those are good nights right there.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think the announcer was the best part.... “oh this is gonna get ugly”.