Default 604 crate valve springs

Where do you get them? I read about matchef sets? Thanks

Brad Hibbard at Race-1 sells them.

Thanks, I’m new to crate racing. Thanks again

Brad can help you with anything crate(and is the "go-to" in my opinion)

Thanks for the vote of confidence younggun
    I enjoy sharing my experiences with people in hopes to ease any struggles they might be having.
    I certainly do not have all the answers but I have a pretty good bank of associates to lean on when i am puzzled
    I love discussions on any topic---it brings new light to the table (even for old guys--LOL)

this board has been pretty slow ---any suggestions on a good topic for discussion?

I think Facebook and other forms of social media have killed our message boards
    I am not a facebooker---yes race 1 does have a facebook page but that was initiated by my website people
    I have insisted that we never respond to anything there---it is merely a secondary source for spreading information

Brad
    www.race-1.com

"Those tires are matched perfect and staggered special!" --grins--

I get what your saying CC but we are not claiming magic from the stars
    there is no secret process or procedure ---we simply go through a ton of GM springs to find the ones at the high side of the spec and that are reasonably square from top to bottom

our "big secret" (which is not a secret--LOL) is that we coil bind each spring 3 times before testing
    we call this blowing the new off---testing a brand new spring that has never once in it's life been compressed at all is a false reading-----beyond that we test at open pressure rather than seat pressure----that is a better evaluation of the spring
    we also gauge the squareness of the spring----a spring that is .050 or more out of square will lose pressure quickly

using this process it takes at least 3 boxes of springs to get a set that we sell as "hand picked" (sometimes more)
    we currently have 5 gallon buckets full of springs at the low side of spec (but in spec) that we try to sell for low RPM operation and I have 20 plus sets of "new" springs that are out of spec that I feel GM should warranty but that is a battle that I am not winning.

No Snake Oil here---just logic and hard work
    Brad
    www.race-1.com