Default Showers at the World 100

I only live an hour away so i go back home each nite. But there are some guys here at the shop thinking about camping and ask me about the shower situation. Do they bring shower trailers? Do you have to pay for your shower? Did Tony build a shower house? Whatever they have is it kept sanitary and clean? Thanks in advance for any input people.

They used to have portable shower trailer. Like $10 but been few years

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerdirtking View Post
    I only live an hour away so i go back home each nite. But there are some guys here at the shop thinking about camping and ask me about the shower situation. Do they bring shower trailers? Do you have to pay for your shower? Did Tony build a shower house? Whatever they have is it kept sanitary and clean? Thanks in advance for any input people.
    Been using the mobile unit at the Speedy Camp for the last 10 years or so... If I remember correct, last year it was $7.

If you go early in the morning, the wait is minimal... If you wait until about 9:00, the line is long and can take an hour or so.

They do a nice job of keeping the trailer clean. However, it is a heavily used public facility, so...

Code for: Bring your flip flops or shower shoes

Someone once mentioned that Eldora has permanent showers somewhere but I have never seen them.

Eldora brings in showers behind the suites by the pit gate for big races, think $7-10 and pretty clean. also have sinks outside for shaving and brushing teeth. Water is non-potable.

Speedy does the exact same as above for roughly same price. Water again is non-potable.

Anyone camping, speedy has 2 hoses that you can fill your camper or jugs with. One is back by the big white barn, one is right by the showers. We bring our camper full, then bring a 30g drum we fill up and use a small transfer pump to refill camper as needed. With 3 boys, myself, my dad, and sometimes wife, we usually refill 1-2 times.

Also, St Henry pool usually opens for showers believe $5.00 unlimited time. Same with a campground just east of the track, forget the name though. But the guy literally said you can lay down and take a nap in the shower for the same price as a 3 minute shower.

Bring flip flops, that is all I have to say about that.......

$7 for both Eldora facility and Speedy's. I've used both; not been bad.. better than the community showers in the all male dorm I had the pleasure of living in for a year.
    "The Wise One"

Just stand behind the water truck😳

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Just stand behind the water truck
    That's what some did back in Earl's day....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I thought somebody was already predicting rain./smile

Cooler on the roof of the truck, pull the drain plug. Works great and no lines!

Thanks for the info everyone, the last few made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Just stand behind the water truck
    And run real fast!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    And run real fast!!!!
    I remember whan JW Hunt paid a guy $1,000 to make one lap on foot behind Earl when he was watering the track... and he did it!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Thank goodness I can take a shower in my camper is all I got to say, lol.