Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B-Shepp.....

Default B-Shepp.....

Just pondering after his 16th win on what the WoO record is for wins in a season. Doesn’t josh have second from a few years back of upper teens or low 20’s? I can’t believe there hasn’t been more talk about this and WoO doesn’t have as big of a schedule. Any insight to that record would be appreciated.

18 is the record I believe. B Shepp will probably have the record in another week

Let's face it...if WOO didn't have B-Shepp, that series would be reduced to almost nothing.
    They better hope he doesn't decide to jump over to Lucas.
    Then again, why would he?
    The money is there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Let's face it...if WOO didn't have B-Shepp, that series would be reduced to almost nothing.
    They better hope he doesn't decide to jump over to Lucas.
    Then again, why would he?
    The money is there for the taking.
    I think he would still see a bunch of oversized checks in Lucas too.......he is pretty dam good.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I think he would still see a bunch of oversized checks in Lucas too.......he is pretty dam good.
    Oh I agree completely. Just saying, WOO he is the cream of the crop. More victories to be had.
    He would be top 3 easily in Lucas.

Or anyone could argue the teams dominance is hurting the series and the other drivers that follow it.

As much as I like BS, he shows up where mark richards wants to race and he's not leaving woo. I and I'm sure many more would like to see team blue jump ship to lucas to go head to head with bloomer.

I'd like to see him come to Lucas to go head to head with about ten talented drivers (not just Bloomer).

Fals, I agree, I just mentioned bloomer because you can say what you want about the guy but he is pretty much the benchmark on the lucas tour as BS is on the woo tour.

Well said. iam sure he is proud of his season, as he should be. That being said, I am sure personally as a competitor, it has to tear a guy up knowing its in a second tier series. These guys want to run against the best on a regilar basis, especially knowing he could compete and win.. but more importantly be pushed harder to be even better. WOO is definately the JV league.

Such stupid novice grandstand comments that WoO is JV. O'Neil goes woo he doesn't dominate, lanigan, arbitrary, etc. Lucas runs one of racing worst formats by catering to non racers and starting fastest 1st. Least woo has dash.woo travels the whole us as well not just regional up and down the mighty miss or east of it

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    He won the third most Lucas races last year despite running a very limited amount of Lucas races. People are nuts if they don’t think he’d still win a bunch of races if he switched.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If it's a "second tier series" why is Dennis erb and lanigan not cleaning up and how come a lucas guy didn't sweep up them cherries at cedar lake or the pdc. The results don't support the stereo types. Both series have their defensive differences but when they all go head to head it's anybody's race. Now i agree that lucas has a little more of a loaded roster currently but that's only if you go by what drivers have done in the past not how well their running currently. And if we were really wanting to start a senseless argument the hottest driver in the country with the consecutive crown jewel wins was a woo driver who was struggling to win on that tour. Just saying.... if you only state the facts you want to see it could go either way

"If it's a "second tier series" why is Dennis erb and lanigan not cleaning up and how come a lucas guy didn't sweep up them cherries at cedar lake or the pdc. The results don't support the stereo types. Both series have their defensive differences but when they all go head to head it's anybody's race. Now i agree that lucas has a little more of a loaded roster currently but that's only if you go by what drivers have done in the past not how well their running currently. And if we were really wanting to start a senseless argument the hottest driver in the country with the consecutive crown jewel wins was a woo driver who was struggling to win on that tour. Just saying.... if you only state the facts you want to see it could go either way"

VERY WELL SAID......I don't know why all the hate toward the WoO series. I know I more than got my monies worth last night at Port Royal. One of the best late model races of the year. I think other fans would agree with me as the stands were packed. This constant attack on this board against the WOOLMS is puzzling. If the series would go away you would still only have 15 full time drivers on the Lucas series. The simple economics would not support 20 to 25 drivers following the whole tour. Just be happy as fans that we have two "professional" national tours. It is a win win for both the fans and drivers in my opinion.

I get the feeling Mark Richards and co. have a vested interest in WoO that goes beyond just competing.

I'm not sure on this but I'm sure somebody has the answer. I believe the travel on the woo tour is less than the lucas tour for team blue. When you consider how busy they seem to be at rocket HQ. I think that may play a role in were they race.

Sheppard’s finishes on the Lucas Tour this season:
    5,5,3,4,5,1,2,2,4,2,3. Pretty darn impressive

Average finish of 3.2 or 3.3 ain’t too bad. The Rocket House Car is the most well run team in the business. Always about their business, always use front, always on schedule with maintenance.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

WOO is a very good series it’s just not as deep a driver pool as Lucas is right now. Lucas has more crown jewel events and bloomquist on tour plus many former champions running the series. If you stack them both side by side Lucas is the better series right now but that can change from year to year

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    Such stupid novice grandstand comments that WoO is JV. O'Neil goes woo he doesn't dominate, lanigan, arbitrary, etc. Lucas runs one of racing worst formats by catering to non racers and starting fastest 1st. Least woo has dash.woo travels the whole us as well not just regional up and down the mighty miss or east of it
    Far from novice, or grandstand. That aside, it wasn't a knock at WOO at all. Right now, the talent pool isn't as deep in WOO, but more importantly, either is the supporting casts. Can WOO drivers win Lucas and unsanctioned races? Absolutely, and they do. When WOO shows up for a traditional weekday/Sat. points show, it seems to draw a fairly conservative car count with few regional drivers and a couple of locals. Outside the top 8, it tapers off fast as far as a legit contender to win. Looking at a lot of the Lucas traditional point shows, again not talking Crown Jewels, they pull quite a decent car count with more stout regional competition. A pretty healthy local count as well.... where it seems any car in the front 8 rows in the A, has a shot at a decent run or win.
    Again, the scale can be tipped in any given year to either of the series, but you would have to be a real doorknob to argue WOO is as stout as a Lucas event right now. I stand by my OPINION, that BShepp would rather be having this kind of a season over in Lucas.