Default 8/31/19 67th ARCA Racing Series 100 under the lights @ DuQuoin State Fair

The DuQuoin State Fair races are just around the corner and we are especially excited to be on Saturday and Sunday this year, both night races. The ARCA Menards Series will be on Saturday, August 31, while the USAC Silver Crown Series will be on Sunday, September 1. The DIRTcar Modifieds will run both nights and the entry form for that is available. Du Quoin State Fair​ Racing Saturday-Sunday August 31/Sept 1 Du Quoin State Fair Du Quoin , IL Saturday, August 31 ARCA Menards Series 67th Annual Southern Illinois 100 + DIRTcar Racing Modified 26th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial Prelims Sunday, September 1 USAC Racing Silver Crown Series 68th Annual Ted Horn 100 + UMP Modifieds 26th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial $2,000 To Win Feature SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 DU QUOIN TIMES: 10:30 AM Pits & Registration 1:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 5:00-6:10 PM Silver Crown Practice 2:30-3:30 PM ARCA Practice 3:45-4:15 PM Modified Practice/Qualifying 5:30 PM ARCA General Tire Pole Qualifying 6:30 PM Modified Heats 7:00-7:30 ARCA Driver Autographs 7:30 PM Pre-Race Ceremonies 8:00 PM ARCA Menards Series 100 SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 DU QUOIN TIMES: 1:00 PM Pits & Registration 4:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 5:00-6:10 PM USAC Practice 6:10 PM Modified Hotlaps 6:30 PM USAC Qualifying 7:15 PM UMP Modified Bill Oldani Memorial Feature 8:15 PM USAC Silver Crown Ted Horn 100 DU QUOIN TICKET INFO: Tickets will be available on raceday or by calling the Du Quoin Fair office at 618-542-1535. Info and tickets can also be obtained by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200. RESERVED SEATING Advance Tickets (Presale) $25 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day Day Of Tickets (At Gate) $30 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day PIT PASSES $35 Adults Each Day $20 Children 11 & Under Each Day $50 Two-Day Pit Pass More Information: For more information, contact Track Enterprises​ by calling the office at 217-764-3200 or by visiting their website at www.trackenterprises.com Follow Track Enterprises online at https://www.trackenterprises.com/, like them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and follow them on Twitter (@TEIRacing) Follow USAC online at www.usacracing.com, like them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/usacracing), and follow them on Twitter (@USACNation) Follow ARCA online at www.arcaracing.com, like them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ARCARACING), and follow them on Twitter (@ARCA_Racing)

The Facebook events for these races are in the links below: 8/31 ARCA 67th Annual ARCA 100 https://www.facebook.com/events/9960...tab=discussion 9/1 USAC 71st Annual Ted Horn 100, 26th Bill Oldani Memorial Mods https://www.facebook.com/events/723101281424198/

ARCA, USAC, & Monster Trucks Set For Final Three Days Of Du Quoin State Fair (Du Quoin, IL) The final three days of the Du Quoin State Fair, in Du Quoin, IL, will be a little different this year but in a good way. First off, the ARCA Menards Series will be running under the lights on a Saturday night for the first time in race history. Secondly, USAC will be coming to town to run under the lights on Sunday night. And last, but not least, Monster Truck Monday has been added to this year’s fair with a pair of shows on Labor Day Monday. The three events are promotions of Track Enterprises. The racing weekend all begins on Saturday night, August 31, with the ARCA Menards Series in the running of the Southern Illinois 100 presented by Federated Car Care. In addition to the 100 lap event for ARCA, the DIRTcar Modifieds will be in action for the first of two nights, running their practice/qualifying and heat races. On Sunday, September 1, the open wheelers of the USAC Silver Crown Series come to town for the Ted Horn 100. The Silver Crown cars have put on some stellar shows at the Magic Mile over the years and are coming off of last year’s event which saw the track widen out for some great racing. The Sunday night festivities will include the DIRTcar Modifieds running in the 26th edition of the Bill Oldani Memorial, paying $2,000 to the winner. New to the fair this year will be the Monster Truck Monday, also promoted by Track Enterprises. The trucks will have two shows, an afternoon matinee at 1:00 PM and an evening show at 6:00 PM. There will be pre-event pit parties beginning two hours before each show, featuring autographs and “Punisher The Ride Truck”. On Saturday, August 31, pit gates will open at 10:30 AM, grandstands at 1:00 PM, hotlaps begin at 2:30, ARCA qualifying is at 5:30, Modified heats start at 6:30, and the ARCA Southern Illinois 100 presented by Federated Car Care is at 8:05. On Sunday, September 1, pit gates open at 1:00 PM with grandstands at 4:00, hotlaps at 5:00, USAC qualifying at 6:30, Modified feature racing at 7:15, and the Ted Horn 100 for USAC is scheduled to take the green at 8:15. Monster Truck Monday, September 2, will have grandstands opening and the pit party beginning at 11:00 AM for the first show with a 1:00 start time. For the evening show, grandstands and the pit party time is 4:00 PM, while action begins at 6:00. Tickets for all three events are available at the Du Quoin State Fair box office or by calling 618-542-1535. More info may also be found at www.trackenterprises.com or calling the office at 217-764-3200.

Kelly Kovski Leads Illinois Boys into DuQuoin Charles Krall August 27, 2019 at 5:00 AM In the 1960s, a small group of upstart drivers from Alabama earned a deserved reputation whenever they would pull into the dark, dusty short tracks of the south. Bobby and Donnie Allison, Charles “Red” Farmer, and later on Neil Bonnett would travel throughout the big money races and take away the lion’s share of the purse from the local racers. Their dominance was so pervasive that eventually, whenever they pulled through the pit gates the competitors all knew they would likely lose to that “dang Alabama gang.” Similarly, when the ARCA Menards Series heads to the state fair circuit in Illinois for its two annual dirt track stops, first at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield and then at the DuQuoin State Fair, the series regulars know they’re going to have to deal with the Illinois Boys, El Paso’s Ryan Unzicker (No. 24 RJR Transportation Toyota) and Springfield’s Kelly Kovski (No. 16 Schnap Sewer Service Chevrolet). Unzicker is a dirt late model veteran with over 100 career victories while Kovski is a noted modified racer with success behind the wheel as a driver and on top of the pit box as a crew chief. Kovski finished a career-best second at DuQuoin in 2016 and was poised to make that elusive trip to victory lane in 2017. Then, in February of that year, Kovski’s life took a detour. He was at a modified race working as crew chief for long-time friend Justin Allgaier, and before they rolled out for their feature he stepped to the track surface to watch the winged sprint car main event. Something he’d done dozens, if not hundreds, of times went from routine to disastrous in the blink of an eye. A car flipped wildly down the backstretch, over a fence and into a spectator area. That area is where Kovski was standing. Recovery was an arduous process. But before long, Kovski was on his feet and eventually back to work at Hoosier Tire Midwest. He wasn’t able to return to driving at Springfield and DuQuoin in 2017, but he was able to swap roles with long-time friend Grant Enfinger. Kovski first met Enfinger in 2011 when he served as his crew chief when Enfinger drove for Allgaier Motorsports. The two became friends, and Enfinger returned the favor when Kovski made his two annual appearances as a driver at ARCA’s two dirt tracks, taking time away from his duties as a driver to serve as Kovski’s crew chief. With Kovski on the sidelines, at least as a driver, Enfinger took over the reins behind the wheel. The two combined to win at Springfield, the 16th and most recent win of Enfinger’s illustrious ARCA career. Enfinger is back on top of the pit box as Kovski continues his quest for his first career ARCA win. Coming off a sixth-place run at Springfield, Kovski is energized headed into DuQuoin even if he says the driver needs to step it up a little on Saturday night in the Southern Illinois 100. “We seem to take a little time getting up to speed and to get going,” Kovski said. “The driver needs to show up. I own this car with my dad and we get a lot of help from Mike Allgaier, so the last thing I want to do is go out early in practice and tear it up. I didn’t get a lot of practice at Springfield because the track was really wet and muddy early in the day. We just lacked speed at Springfield. We need to come to DuQuoin with something different so we’re going to take a shot in the dark and come with a different setup. It’s going to be more of a traditional dirt car setup and less of an ARCA car setup. It’s going to be quite different.” The change in philosophy comes after long discussions with Enfinger on how to make the car better. Although he’s contending for the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series championship, Enfinger still takes these two dirt races seriously. Wins on dirt helped turn Enfinger into an ARCA champion, opened doors for him in the Gander Trucks, and he’s contended to win the Truck race on dirt at Eldora in each of the last two years. Getting input and advice from Enfinger is something Kovski doesn’t take for granted. “Grant’s one of my best friends,” he said. “We go back to when he was driving for the Allgaiers in 2011. We had a lot of ups and downs. We’ve yelled at each other a little. We’ve had a lot of really good times together. I worked with him almost throughout his entire ARCA career. I love that he wants to come back and work these two dirt races. I absolutely know that the Truck deal is a priority but it really makes me feel good to know he wants to be here and he puts as much effort into this as he does.” As for the injuries he suffered in that 2017 accident, for the most part he has recovered. It might not be back to what he was before the accident, but he has reached the new normal. “I guess it’s not like it used to be,” he said. “When we were sitting there under the red flag at Springfield, I had all that adrenaline going and I was really focused but as we sat there it kind of caught up with me. It has it’s ups and downs. I always said I wouldn’t ever give up. It might not be perfect but I am definitely not giving up. We moved some things around in the car to make it more comfortable and it’s helped a lot. The Venturini Motorsports cars are really tough right now. They have a great lineup of drivers and some really good equipment. We need to get our car a little better but I think we can go out there and compete with them.” The Southern Illinois 100 on the Magic Mile at the DuQuoin State Fair is set for Saturday night August 31. Practice starts at 2:30 pm CT, General Tire Pole Qualifying is slated for 5:30 pm CT, and the race is set for 8 pm CT. The race will be televised live on MAVTV; ARCARacing.com will have live timing & scoring, live chat, and live track updates for registered users.

Corey Heim Ready to Reload for Another Shot at ARCA Dirt Victory Charles Krall August 26, 2019 at 11:00 AM With two miles to go in the Allen Crowe 100 at Springfield, it looked like Corey Heim (No. 22 Speedway Children’s Charities Ford) was sitting pretty. He was in second place, right alongside leader Michael Self (No. 25 Sinclair Lubricants Toyota) as the field was readying for a two-lap dash to the checkered flag. When the green waved, Self took off and Heim stayed right with him through turns one and two and down the backstretch of the one-mile dirt oval. But turns three and four is where it all went awry for the seventeen-year-old Marietta, Georgia native. Self pushed him up the track. Just like a paved track where loose rubber accumulates throughout the race, the upper groove of a dirt track is covered in loose dirt from the course of the race. Heim went sliding through 100 miles worth of loose dirt, and as he fought for traction and control he dropped from second to seventh. The fact he was second with a couple of laps to go belied Heim’s dirt track experience level. The race at Springfield was the first time in Heim’s racing career he had ever been on dirt. His ninth top-ten finish in ten career ARCA Menards Series starts was a consolation prize of sorts, but Heim was still disappointed with the result. “He did what I would have done,” Heim said. “He was down on the inside and he pushed me up the track and used me up. I got up into the loose dirt and gave up a lot of spots. It’s disappointing to go from second to seventh but that’s part of racing for the win.” Heim won’t have to wait long to reload and try for his first career series victory. When the ARCA Menards Series goes green in the Southern Illinois 100, he’ll also have another chance at scoring a win on dirt as the series makes is second appearance on dirt with a traditional Labor Day weekend stop at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. With a stock car history that dates back to the 1950s and ARCA’s history at the one-mile oval dating back to 1983, Heim would like to add his name to a list of winners that includes Jerry Unser, Don White, A.J. Foyt, Rusty Wallace, and Tony Stewart. It’s a lofty goal for a young man who only has a couple seasons of stock car racing experience under his belt. “We’re going to DuQuoin to win,” added Heim. “I’m putting pressure on myself to win and finish what we started at Springfield. Paul (Andrews, crew chief) and the entire Chad Bryant Racing team have worked hard to bring me fast, competitive cars no matter what type of track we’re competing at. “I learned a lot at Springfield and even though DuQuoin will be run at night, I’m hopeful that what I learned a couple weeks can be applied to Saturday night and it will bring Chad Bryant Racing another checkered flag this season.” For the vast majority of its existence, the Southern Illinois 100 has been run under the often-intense southern Illinois sun. The heat and humidity, mixed with the often dusty track surface as a result, made the DuQuoin race one of the most challenging on drivers and demanding on equipment throughout the entire season. For the second time in the race’s history it will be run under the lights on the Magic Mile, and for the first time in the event’s history, it will be run on a Saturday night. As the opening race of a two-day race weekend – Sunday’s traditional USAC Silver Crown Series race remains unchanged – track conditions should be vastly different than year’s past. It will be cooler, and the track’s surface will not have any rubber worked into it when the ARCA Menards Series takes to the track. Those differences will create enough of an unknown that it should level the playing field even more for Heim as he continues to gain dirt track experience. “I’m really not sure what to expect with the track conditions especially practicing and qualifying during the day and racing at night,” added Heim. “I expect the handling of our race car will change, so I’ll be leaning on Paul (Andrews) to make the right adjustments and I know he’ll expect me to do everything I can to keep ourselves in contention. “I only have three ARCA Menards Series races left this season and I’d like to win all three of them if I can, but it’s going to take perfect execution and making sure we don’t stumble when the opportunity is there for the taking.” The Southern Illinois 100 on the Magic Mile at the DuQuoin State Fair is set for Saturday night August 31. Practice starts at 2:30 pm CT, General Tire Pole Qualifying is scheduled for 5:30 pm CT, and the race will go green shortly after 8 pm CT. The race will be televised live on MAVTV; ARCARacing.com will have live timing & scoring, live chat, and live track updates for registered users.

Christian Eckes, No. 15 JBL Audio/Illinois Truck & Equipment Toyota Preview: DuQuoin Charles Krall August 27, 2019 at 3:14 PM With the dog days of summer coming to an end the ARCA Menards Series visits the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds for the annual running of the Labor Day Southern 100. Excited to get back to the track Christian Eckes returns for another dirt bid behind the wheel of his No.15 JBL Audio Toyota. Known for his excellence on pavement Eckes has emerged as one the series’ favorites racing on dirt. Despite a small sample size, the 18-year old driver carries impressive stats through three career starts racing on dirt. Winning at Springfield in his first career start the Middletown, NY native has an average dirt race finish of second. Two weeks ago in defense of his Springfield title he came up one spot short finishing behind race winner Michael Self. Ironically, Eckes finds himself trailing Self by 105-points as the two teammates battle for a series championship with four races remaining. “I had a lot of fun at DuQuoin last year,” says Eckes. “We fought track positon for most of the day but felt like we had a pretty solid car. We’re excited to get back to business! We’ve got four races to go – we’re down but not out by any means. Ready to give it our all.” In sixteen season starts Eckes has led 262 laps while earning two trip to victory lane (Nashville and Pocono) along with nine top-5’s and 13 top-10 finishes. The Southern Illinois 100 on the Magic Mile at the DuQuoin State Fair is set for Saturday night August 31. Practice starts at 2:30 pm CT, General Tire Pole Qualifying is slated for 5:30 pm CT, and the race is set for 8 pm CT. The race will be televised live on MAVTV.

Stock Car History Rich at DuQuoin Charles Krall August 23, 2019 at 5:00 AM The month of August brings annual Midwestern state fairs, and with that, it also brings the ARCA Menards Series to its two annual dirt track races. Held at the Springfield Mile at the Illinois State Fairgrounds and on the Magic Mile at the DuQuoin State Fair, ARCA's two dirt mile races are two of the series' cornerstone events and two races that differentiate the series from virtually every other stock car tour in the country. Michael Self (No. 25 Sinclair Lubricants Toyota) added his name the list of winners at Springfield when he took the win in the Allen Crowe 100 presented by Lucas Oil last Sunday at Springfield. Self led 47 laps and dominated the second half of the race on his way to his fourth win of the season and his first ever dirt track win in his first ever dirt track start. The tour now moves a couple hours to the southwest for the second duel on the dirt, the Southern Illinois 100 at DuQuoin. The Magic Mile has a rich stock car racing history that dates back to 1956, and the list of winners includes some of the biggest names in motorsports. Marshall Teague won the inaugural stock car race at DuQuoin in 1956. Jerry Unser won in 1957, followed by the "Golden Boy" Fred Lorenzen in 1958 and 1959. Norm Nelson won in 1960 and 1963, sandwiching Paul Goldsmith who earned wins in 1961 and 1962. Joe Leonard won in 1964, and the following year Goldsmith became the first three-time winner. Don White won in 1966 and in 1968, bookending Norm Nelson's third win in 1967. Anthony Joseph Foyt won in 1969 and Nelson won earned his fourth DuQuoin checkered in 1970. Verlin Eaker won in 1971, and USAC and ARCA champion Jack Bowsher won in 1972. Butch Hartman became the third back-to-back winner in 1973 and 1974 and then made history by becoming the first driver to win three in a row in 1975. In 1966, Bay Darnell ended up in the infield lake at Daytona International Speedway, something he never forgot. In fact, he raced at Daytona with a life preserver after that. While there is an inner moat at DuQuoin that didn't deter Darnell as he won in 1976. Paul Feldner won in 1977 and Don White won for the third time in 1978. Future NASCAR champion Rusty Wallace won in 1979, ten years before his Cup Series championship. Sal Tovella won in 1981, and Rick O'Brien won in 1982. In 1983, ARCA co-sanctioned the race with USAC and Roper earned his second DuQuoin win. David Goldsberry won in 1984, the second and final co-sanctioned race with USAC. In 1985, ARCA became the sole sanctioning body for the race and Lee Raymond won a 200-mile marathon on his way to that season's championship. Roper went on to win in 1986 and 1987, his third and fourth DuQuoin victories. Bob Keselowski won back-to-back in 1988 and 1989, starting a five-year streak of winning drivers named Bob. in 1990, Bob Brevak won, in 1991 Bob Strait won, and in 1992 Bob Schacht won. Billy Thomas won in 1993 and Dean Roper won for the fifth and final time in 1994. Bob Hill won in 1995 and 1996, making it seven wins by a Bob in nine years. Billy Thomas won again in 1997 and 1998 before Jeff Finley earned his one and only ARCA Menards Series victory in 1999. Frank Kimmel won in 2001 and 2002, and again in 2004 and 2005. In between, Cup superstar and champion Tony Stewart made the trip to DuQuoin and won for the only time in his ARCA career. Ken Schrader won in 2006 and 2007, and in 2008 Kimmel won for the fifth time. NASCAR on NBC analyst Parker Kligerman swept the dirt races in 2009, and Canadian ace Steve Arpin won in 2010. Chris Buescher won in 2011, a year before the race was postponed and eventually canceled by rain for the first and only time in its history. Ken Schrader won for the third time in 2013, and Grant Enfinger won back-to-back in 2014 and 2015. Tom Hessert III won in 2016, Austin Theriault won in 2017, and Logan Seavey won in 2018. All told, 37 drivers have scored at least one USAC and/or ARCA win at DuQuoin. The Southern Illinois 100 is set for Saturday night August 31. Practice starts at 2:30 pm CT, General Tire Pole Qualifying is set for 5:30 pm CT, and the race is set for 8 pm CT. The race will be televised live on MAVTV; ARCARacing.com will have live timing & scoring, live chat, and live track updates for registered users.

ARCA Points Leader and Most Recent Winner Michael Self Looking for More Magic in DuQuoin Concord, North Carolina - As the ARCA Menards Series sets to close out the month of August with its annual running of the series’ Labor Day weekend Southern Illinois 100 at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds, driver Michael Self (No. 25 Sinclair Oil Toyota) looks to continue his winning ways. Coming off a dramatic victory two weeks ago in Springfield to earn his fourth victory of the season, Self will make his first visit to DuQuoin’s Magic Mile looking to extend his series points lead which is now 105 points over teammate Christian Eckes. Winning at Springfield in his first ever start on dirt Self looks to complete the sweep before returning to familiar ground at Salem Speedway for the final stretch of the season. “I had an absolute blast learning how to drive the ARCA can on dirt at Springfield, and I’m hoping some of the knowledge I gained there will help out for my first time at DuQuoin. I’ve got the same mindset going in to this race as Springfield, and that’s that I just have to be open-minded and that I don’t necessarily know what to expect, so learning is really what’s going to be key throughout the day. I’ve been told that while they’re both dirt, they’re completely different racetracks. I’ll be leaning on a lot of the people around me for insight again.” Competing in his first full season Self has so far risen above the competition. Topping all series’ drivers with four wins, the Utah native has strung together 12 top-five and 12 top-10 finishes in 15 starts. With four races remaining on the schedule, Self looks to keep his foot on the gas. In addition to leading the driver point standings, he currently leads two other of ARCA’s prestigious special award categories; the CGS Imaging Four Crown and the Sioux Chief Short Track Challenge. The Four Crown Award is a compilation of four different types of tracks to represent the diversity of the ARCA Menards Series schedule – superspeedway, intermediate, short track, and a dirt track. This year’s Four Crown is made up of Talladega (Superspeedway), Michigan (intermediate), Springfield (mile dirt), and Salem (short track). Self finished fifth at Talladega before going on to win at Michigan and Springfield. He leads Bret Holmes by 35 points going into the final Four Crown race next month at Salem Speedway. Self will join Venturini Motorsport teammates Christian Eckes and Logan Seavey for the holiday weekend dirt spectacular. The Southern Illinois 100 on the Magic Mile at the DuQuoin State Fair is set for Saturday night August 31. Practice starts at 2:30 pm CT, General Tire Pole Qualifying is slated for 5:30 pm CT, and the race is set for 8 pm CT. The race will be televised live on MAVTV

All-Time Du Quoin Victory Leader Schrader Returns Saturday By Jay Hardin Track Enterprises Staff Du Quoin, IL-(August 28, 2019)-The driver with the most main event wins on the Magic Mile of the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds returns doing double duty this weekend as three-time ARCA Menard’s Southern Illinois 100 winner Ken Schrader is slated to pilot his own number 52 Ford in Saturday night’s 100-mile event. Schrader, a six-time winner of the Bill Oldani Memorial UMP Modified event also returns to contest the 20-mile affair with heat races Saturday and the finale Sunday. Schrader’s mile track debut came in 1979 at Du Quoin in the 100-mile USAC Stock Car event. After terrorizing local short tracks in sprint cars and stock cars it was only a matter of time before the popular driver began moving up in the professional ranks. It was fitting that his first appearance on one of the big dirt tracks came at a facility he and his father visited, the one closest to his Fenton, Missouri home. Ken’s first USAC race for Henry Sieveking had mixed results. He qualified 3rd and started directly behind A.J. Foyt. However, the Ford Granada soon developed mechanical issues and he was forced out after 28 miles. He finished 5th in the 1980 stock car race, and 16th in 1981. He also made his first appearance in a dirt champ car on the Magic Mile in 1981 finishing 11th. Finishes of 12th, 3rd, 28th and 30th followed. NASCAR called and Schrader ended up as their Rookie of the Year. His NASCAR obligations kept him from running at Du Quoin for 15 years, returning in 2001 to contest the ARCA stock car race where he finished fourth. It wasn’t until 27 years after his first appearance at Du Quoin that Ken was able to enter victory lane. He won the 2006 Southern Illinois 100 from the pole and repeated again in 2007 and 2013. Add in six wins in the Oldani Memorial plus a crate late model win in 2006 and the ten main event victories put Ken Schrader at the top of the Du Quoin Magic Mile victory list. Schrader’s last ARCA appearance at Du Quoin came in 2016 when he started 2nd and finished 3rd. His last appearance in a dirt champ car was in 2017 when he finished 19th for owner Dennis McQuinn. Practice for the 67th ARCA Menard’s Southern Illinois 100 begins Saturday at 2:30 p.m. with pole qualifying at 5:30 and the 100-mile race at 8. It’s all part of a tripleheader motorsports weekend that also includes the USAC Silver Crown Series on Sunday night and a pair of Monster Truck shows on Monday. To order tickets, visit the Du Quoin State Fair box office or call 618-542-1535. Tickets will also be available at the box office on raceday. For more info, visit www.trackenterprises.com.

DuQuoin ARCA Race Could Be Taken By Rookie By Jay Hardin Track Enterprises Staff DuQuoin, Il-(August 28, 2019)-If the race at Springfield two weeks ago is any indication the upcoming 67th ARCA Menard’s Southern Illinois 100 could very well find a rookie driver in victory lane once again. In fact, it is quite possible that a driver still in his teens could be the first to the checkered flag on Saturday night. Several drivers on the entry list ran the Allen Crowe 100 at Springfield and young rookies were constantly in the top five positions with some leading during the 100 miles. In the end a driver making his very first appearance on dirt took home the first place trophy. Utah resident Michael Self leads the ARCA point standings and won the Allen Crowe 100 at Springfield taking the lead shortly after the halfway point and leading the rest of the way. Self had never raced on dirt before Springfield but showed no evidence of being intimidated by the tricky surface. Self will be making his second start on dirt at DuQuoin but is a rookie at the Magic Mile. The grandson of NFL Hall of Fame coach and NASCAR team owner Joe Gibbs, Ty Gibbs was also an ARCA dirt rookie at the Illinois State Fairgrounds. The 16 year old thrilled the crowd by taking the lead early in the race for 10 circuits. Mechanical issues dropped Gibbs out of the running but the strong showing indicates he could be a front-runner at DuQuoin. Fellow 16 year old Carson Hocevar of Michigan was also strong in the early going at Springfield until a long pit strop dropped him a lap down. Hocevar recovered and ended the day on the lead lap in 8th. Georgia’s Cory Heim is older than Gibbs and Hocevar, though at 17 years of age not by much. Heim also was an ARCA dirt rookie but he led at Springfield as well, leading 11 miles before dropping back on a late race restart to finish 7th. If one of the rookies can capture Saturday night’s even they will join a list of first timers winning at DuQuoin that includes Logan Seavey (2018), Grant Enfinger (2014), Chris Buescher (2011), Parker Kligerman (2009), Dave Goldsberry (1984), Rusty Wallace (1979), Joe Leonard (1964), Jay Frank (1950), and Frank Mundy (1955). Practice for the 67th ARCA Menard’s Southern Illinois 100 begins Saturday at 2:30 p.m. with pole qualifying at 5:30 and the 100-mile race at 8.

TRD's Logan Seavey Ready to Defend DuQuoin Dirt in Next ARCA Start Concord, North Carolina - Toyota Racing Development’s (TRD) Logan Seavey will suit up and grab the wheel of Venturini Motorsport’s (VMS) No.20 Craftsman Toyota this weekend to defend his 2018 ARCA Menards Series’ Southern Illinois 100 victory at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. Last year’s race winner in just his second series start, Seavey looks to add more hardware when he returns to the dirt Saturday night under the lights on DuQuoin’s Magic Mile. Seavey, the defending USAC P1 Insurance National Midget Series champion, will be making his fourth career series start and second of the season. He led 34 laps two weeks ago at Springfield but faded to fourth at the finish. “I’m ready to go again with Venturini Motorsports this weekend at DuQuoin,” said Seavey. “Springfield didn’t quite go as planned just being a little too tight to be as good as we needed to be. But I know DuQuoin races well and fits a dirt racer style a lot better so it makes me look forward to it even more. I know the 20 Craftsman Camry will be just as good as it was last year, we just need to put the whole day together and I think we will be tough.” A dirt specialist, Seavey has made the most out of his limited opportunities claiming a victory last year, a pole position in his last start at Springfield and three consecutive top-5’s overall. He’s led 69 laps in series competition and boasts a solid 3.0 starting average and a 2.7 finishing average during his brief stay in ARCA. Seavey will join a pair of formidable teammates racing side-by-side with previous dirt winners Michael Self and Christian Eckes. Both full time VMS drivers won in their first ever dirt starts at Springfield - Eckes 18’ and Self this year’s winner. Self is also ARCA’s current point leader holding a 105-point advantage over Eckes. VMS enters DuQuoin with 63 all-time ARCA series victories which include seven team wins on dirt. Furthermore, VMS has claimed dirt supremacy the last three dirt races. The Southern Illinois 100 on the Magic Mile at the DuQuoin State Fair is set for Saturday night August 31. Practice starts at 2:30 pm CT, General Tire Pole Qualifying is slated for 5:30 pm CT, and the race is set for 8 pm CT. The race will be televised live on MAVTV. Logan Seavey Toyota Racing Craftsman Track Enterprises

A day away from the 71st Ted Horn 100! IT IS ARCA RACE DAY at the DuQuoin State Fair in DuQuoin, IL! The Magic Mile motors to life under the lights tonight with the cars and stars of the ARCA Racing Menards Series on the 1 mile dirt oval for the 67th edition of the Southern Illinois 100. Three time Southern Illinois 100 winner Six time Bill Oldani Memorial Modified winner Ken Schrader will be back doing double duty in both divisions tonight. Joining him are a whole host of great competitors including defending race winner Logan Seavey, ARCA points leader and the 2019 Springfield winner Michael Self, local dirt track aces Ryan Unzicker and Kelly Kovski, plus more! Don't miss out on this thrilling night of awesome racing action under the lights of the legendary Magic Mile! Full details below... Saturday, August 31 Menards ARCA RACING SERIES 67th Annual Southern Illinois 100 + DIRTcar UMP Modified 26th Annual Bill Oldani Memorial Prelims SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 DU QUOIN TIMES: 10:30 AM Pits & Registration 1:00 PM Ticket Office & Grandstands 2:30-3:30 PM ARCA Practice 3:45-4:15 PM Modified Practice/Qualifying 5:30 PM ARCA General Tire Pole Qualifying 6:30 PM Modified Heats 7:00-7:30 ARCA Driver Autographs 7:30 PM Pre-Race Ceremonies 8:00 PM ARCA Menards Series 100 DU QUOIN TICKET INFO: Tickets will be available on raceday or by calling the Du Quoin Fair office at 618-542-1535. Info and tickets can also be obtained by calling the Track Enterprises office at 217-764-3200. RESERVED SEATING Advance Tickets (Presale) $25 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day Day Of Tickets (At Gate) $30 Adults Per Day $10 Children 11 & Under Per Day PIT PASSES $35 Adults Each Day $20 Children 11 & Under Each Day $50 Two-Day Pit Pass More Information: For more information, contact Track Enterprises​ by calling the office at 217-764-3200 or by visiting their website at www.trackenterprises.com Follow Track Enterprises online at https://www.trackenterprises.com/, like them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TrackEnterprises), and follow them on Twitter (@TEIRacing) Follow ARCA online at www.arcaracing.com, like them on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ARCARACING), and follow them on Twitter (@ARCA_Racing)