Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dirt Million - final track prep

Why is it acceptable for Cody to consult Scott Bloomquist on how to do final track prep? Scott took his 4-wheeler o to the track after the 2nd A-main tonight and gave Cody direction on how to prep the track.

Is this not a conflict of interest? The grader stopped next time thru and Cody gave him the instructions.

Him partnering with Bloomer was a conflict of interest from day one.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Yea, not trying to jump on the Bloomer bashing train here. That being said, are any of us surprised that this would happen?

You just can't have a race this big without a conflict of interest when promotor has a stake in how well Scott finishes tomorrow night.

Lol. It's been that way for a long time. Lots of deals to get the win. Tips on post race inspections.😎
    Last edited by intel8; 08-23-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Oh so y'all think he's the only one in the pits that likes dry, wide, and racy?

Better watch the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop-Racing View Post
    Why is it acceptable for Cody to consult Scott Bloomquist on how to do final track prep? Scott took his 4-wheeler o to the track after the 2nd A-main tonight and gave Cody direction on how to prep the track.

Is this not a conflict of interest? The grader stopped next time thru and Cody gave him the instructions.
    Of course it is. Scott has done this quite a few other times too.

I don’t think if you promote a place, and own or race cars, that you should be allowed race there. The only way I’d say it’s fine is if you let other people make the calls. When the car you are affiliated with, driver or owner, is racing, you shouldn’t have any input. Let someone else make the calls.

In saying that, most of the big drivers want smooth, wide, and not heavy. They don’t wanna be tearing stuff up. So the way he wants it, is the way most of them want it. But, it’s still not cool. And is a great way to help you lose cars. Though you could use it as incentive to beat Bloomer or whoever else too.

All this after he assured everyone it wouldn’t be an issue. Yeah right.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Better watch the scales.
    Is Lucas not overseeing this race? I don’t expect any wisdom from you, but Lucas should be at the scales.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

When the Show Me was still at West Plains saw him bending Don Gibson’s ear while intermission track prep was underway. Mr. Gibson paid no attention. Have seen Moyer Sr. do the same. It isn’t new, like Scott or not he is playing every angle available to him. There are many things in life and business that reward those that play in the “gray” areas, racing is no exception.
    I hate time trials.

I’ve seen Scott go out on the track at Cedar Lake multiple times and talk to management before track prep started. Nothing new.

Ya but this time there is a vested interest in Scott, Def a bunch of crap, I'm surprised they wouldn't blade the top down to nothing after every race if Scott has any say, too bad physics will not agree with them....

I guess Devin Moran shouldn’t be allowed to race at his dads track?
    Gundacker shouldn’t race at his dads track?
    The Taylor boys not allowed to race at their step dads track ( Batesville)??

Can’t you people find something more legitimate to complain about??
    Next year when this track is closed- I guess you will complain about that??

Excellent post foxfire........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If Gordy is out telling his dad how to prep then ya it wouldn't be right. But he doesn't sooo....

Right On FoxFire......................

Everyone races on the same track. The track changes throughout the night. No advantage to anyone. I’m sure all drivers have thrown in their 2 cents at one time or another. Sounds like another baited thread. Agree with foxfire
    Scott Kleindorfer

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    If Gordy is out telling his dad how to prep then ya it wouldn't be right. But he doesn't sooo....
    Right. They aren’t father and and son and work hand in hand on the car. I’m sure Kevin has no idea how Gordy wants the track. You think Bob has no idea how Bobby likes a track?

Back when I was a young racer, my father briefly considered taking over promoter duties of a track. He informed me early on I would not be allowed to race there. I realize that was a good stance to take.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

C and b ........do I even need to say" and they wonder why?" Anymore?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I stopped going to Muskingum years ago when Devin was young and won about every time, thats where he won his first
    Lucas race, fast time ,win heat, lead every lap. When you have your own track, huge advantage.
    I do root for Devin when i go elsewhere, and hes competing at a national level.
    Theres a lot of options on what and where to spend your money, everyone is different.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming