Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Talking about it in private I'm sure, but stopping the grader on the track in front of everybody and giving direction...cmon man, then of course maybe they could be talking about their fantasy football teams.. but I doubt it lol...

CnB I don't blame Bloomer one bit for the record I would do the same thing, but it's still catering to him for an advantage and I don't think it's right, and I'm sure you know why lol...but you can try to eliminate a cushion but still physics is on my side...

Everybody has to race on the same track and im pretty sure from what I've seen the crew at Mansfield could use all the help they can get. Who better to critique the prep than the people who see this day in and day out. Their is absolutley no advantage gained here. The best driver and car are gonna win and any driver just wants a track that will allow that.

To be quite honest with you guys, I've heard more drivers complaining after races saying how dumb they felt after a race listening to the track owner .... could be anything from .... "they said it rained here all week.... couldn't tell tonight" or "so an so promised to be easy on everyone's stuff" or "gosh shouldn't of listened to so an so when they dumped 30 loads of water on this thing yesterday.... couldnt tell today" granted these are more on the local regional level but moral of the story is I personally heard more drivers/crewman bitch bout "how they said they'd make the track for everyone just to get cars" I actually think promoters use this angle to get more cars in the weeks leading up to the events .... again this is more on local an regional stuff....... random thought ..... ever see t-stew at the chili bowl..... nobody bitches about rico or whoever choppin it up with him before or after track prep .... as mentioned above its different everywhere u go but it happens ...... you dont think bob pierce an kevin gundaker havent done this at tri city ..... your crazy ...... I'll also go on record saying that people have dam near unanimously told me old man moyer is the absolute worst at the stuff. Also .... if this race paid 10 large to win an there where off to a different track tomorrow it wouldn't even be brought up .... the money this event offers is why it gets glorified or dramatized but in reality it happens dang near every week.
    Last edited by george w; 08-24-2019 at 11:43 AM.

I am at Mansfield-been here since Wednesday. Although the track has been very dirty/dusty for us fans-it has produced some good racing. That’s what I came for. The track is racy top to bottom & hasn’t became 1 grooved. Heck- last night BShepp was on the bottom and Earl Pearson on the top- what’s wrong with that picture. I think any driver that makes the field could win? Pearson won last year after 4or 5 pit stops. If you listen to the driver interviews- the track changes every lap. Isn’t that what we as fans want? The rock problem appears to have gone away- but not sure why- but the dust problem prevails.
    As far as drivers manipulating track prep- the track guys couldn’t do it if they tried! One poster has even stated they don’t want a cushion for his driver (although he hasn’t stated the drivers name). Maybe I am just to “stupid” to understand why: last year it was criticized for the name-same again this year. Now-before we have the feature race tonight-we are hearing of track prep conspiracies & conflicts of interest. Most of these are probably coming from folks that aren’t even here?
    Big $$ throughout the field & great facility. I can’t wait to hear everyone’s expert opinions on why it doesn’t return. I for one hope it does for its still in the infant learning/growing stages. Fairbury & the Silver Dollar Nationals were not created in 2 years.
    I hope I am thoroughly entertained tonight with some good racing but if not- Monday I will make 15 minute drive to the Bloomquist Shop & jump his bones about how his track prep consultations ruined it for all fans/drivers/teams & unborn children.
    With that being said- you guys can now carry on with your pessimist comments!

I know of a past promoter that would have ask Scott if he was driving tonight and of course Scott would have answered yes. The promoter would have said then you go back and worry about your car and I will worry about the track prep. lol

I guess Tony Stewart can't run at Eldora...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

The name Earl Baltes does come to mind. LOL

BTW, I still say this is Bloomers race to lose. Car is unbelievable.

The thing that rubs me wrong about the Bloomer/Mansfield/Cody thing is that Team Zero has been virtually the only late model on that track all year before this weekend. IMO, that’s a clear advantage for a track as tricky as Mansfield. It’s been well documented that they’ve been testing there at least several times.

Some have mentioned the other guys that have families owning race track. Those tracks run all year and based on the results. It’s clearly not an advantage for those guys.

Is it raining or is that the tears falling?

Bloomer clearly has benefitted from testing. He already had the best car, now it is superior, a matter of how many cars he laps.LOL. That is just the way it goes.

So your a pedophile like r kelly?

Fox. Finally from somebody that's actually there watching the show. Conflict, Yea and Bloomer and Cody understood that going in. Shows no class doing it out in the open like that. Does anyone think Scott cares ? No. He wants to win and he doesn't care how. His time off he found something and right now he could very well be the car to beat.

I've watched the replays from the first 2 nights and the track has had multiple grooves . Dusty yes, but really good racing so far.

100 laps this could be anyone's race. I think Scott has the car to beat, does he have the endurance to do 100 laps ? Can he withstand getting bounced around if he gets caught up in a accident ?

Agree with the above post

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    100 laps this could be anyone's race. I think Scott has the car to beat, does he have the endurance to do 100 laps ? Can he withstand getting bounced around if he gets caught up in a accident ?
    Scott told me at Florence that the injury has no impact once he’s seated in the car. The pain isn’t an issue, there’s no endurance issues, etc. He had the Topless 100 won, if not for making a mental mistake by leaving the bottom for a lap. He’s the same old Scott in the car. It’s when he’s not in the car that it’s a problem. He has a hard time just walking.

Update:
    The busses are running the track in now. It “appears” they have put a lot more water on it today? Who knows what the dirt will do once racing starts. Just hoping a little less dust & awesome racing!

Among the track packer's. Kevin Gundaker in a bus. Tony Izzo jr on a tractor. Steve Francis in a water truck, and Cody Sommer in a bus with 3 passengers.I seen Rick Aukland maybe he should get in something to along with Bob Pierce. Let's just get all former drivers out there!!
    Last edited by drunkinashortbus; 08-24-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Default The crying has started

I am shocked it has not started before now.That butt team 0 has been giving is not sitting well.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkinashortbus View Post
    Among the track packer's. Kevin Gundaker in a bus. Tony Izzo jr on a tractor. Steve Francis in a water truck, and Cody Sommer in a bus with 3 passengers.I seen Rick Aukland maybe he should get in something to along with Bob Pierce. Let's just get all former drivers out there!!
    Is tony izzo really there??? Would seem weird after Cody Sommer was engaged to his sister and they did not end on good terms