Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I totally agree with your first statement!

Having been in this sport for nearly 30 years, the racing today is wayyyyyyy better than it was when I started!The spring behind has made the racing better, tenfold!
    Why has the spring behind made the racing better? It made the cars faster. I'd call that no change otherwise. Now the body creep, this aero dependent crap is no good.

The cars these days take more courage than finesse to put down a fast lap.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Why has the spring behind made the racing better? It made the cars faster. I'd call that no change otherwise. Now the body creep, this aero dependent crap is no good.

The cars these days take more courage than finesse to put down a fast lap.
    I believe the rear steer has created better side by side racing. True, the dreaded word aero has crept in, but overall the racing is better!

Also, I believe more people have more access to technology than in years past. The almighty checkbook seems to buy more speed these days!

I believe the rear steer has created better side by side racing. True, the dreaded word aero has crept in, but overall the racing is better!

Also, I believe more people have more access to technology than in years past. The almighty checkbook seems to buy more speed these days!
    I think the racing peaked 15 years ago and has started sliding. Sliding at an increased pace the last 3 years. Someone needs to pull a Memmer and fix this mess.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Poor track conditions plagued mansfield all weekend nobody's fault but cody. He put the same amount of effort into prep as he did promoting and running the event. As far as racing now vs then i have seen some great races this year and some not so great ones. Always been that way but it's definitely more related to the surface than the cars in my opinion. Don't get me wrong the i beleive when the tracks prepped poorly it locks down faster now days than prior years but i think alot of that has to do with racers being better in general and the access to information and video. You can watch every race and learn from it listen to every interview and learn from it.

I totally agree with your first statement!

Having been in this sport for nearly 30 years, the racing today is wayyyyyyy better than it was when I started!The spring behind has made the racing better, tenfold!
    This is true. I was shocked a few years ago when someone posted a race from around the late 90s and seeing how the cars moved (alot more like pavement racing) and how boring the racing was and for the most part hard to pass. I remembered how often people complained back then about train racing.

HAV-A-TAMPA's nickname back then was the "amtrak series". People complained often (more often than now) about how racing was dying because it was so bad.

I see some people are seeing the light about these cars. They are too wide and they are too long and they are too aero dependent. Who would have thought that in dirt racing it would be too aero dependent! Shocks is not a problem, tires are not a problem it is body plain an simple, it seems to me that when we started getting the wide bore motors we had to get a wide bore car to accommodate them so yes the motors are a problem too.

In my opinion the racing these days isn't that bad. I do have my complaints about the way the cars are but that's more about costs than it is improving the racing.

Had to laugh watching Lucas tech at Mansfield when they measured rear ride height. Most of the Lucas cars came up with 2-3 guys riding on the rear. They’d jump off when it was time to measure & everything passed. Twenty feet after measuring you could see the rear ended rising a few inches!

Mams as does every other late model out there!

The car we crewed for didn’t have to do that. Watched many others that didn’t do that either including some that ran up front.