Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on Dirt Million

I did not pay for the pay per view or go but thanks to a subscription to a out of country satellite company for $8 a month per tv I get 100,000 channels and all the pay per views and watched the dirt on dirt coverage. I thought the race was great and good announcing but the last 50 laps sucked and oh yea gotta love the hole in turn 3. Also a lot of good cars were taken out when Shirley hit the tire in turn 1. Overall I thought it was an A if the last 50 laps would have been like the first it would have been an A plus. Also you need to checkout Salina Speedway great racing on those highbanks. I love watching that track on Saturday on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    I did not pay for the pay per view or go but thanks to a subscription to a out of country satellite company for $8 a month per tv I get 100,000 channels and all the pay per views and watched the dirt on dirt coverage. I thought the race was great and good announcing but the last 50 laps sucked and oh yea gotta love the hole in turn 3. Also a lot of good cars were taken out when Shirley hit the tire in turn 1. Overall I thought it was an A if the last 50 laps would have been like the first it would have been an A plus. Also you need to checkout Salina Speedway great racing on those highbanks. I love watching that track on Saturday on tv.
    Ok I’m gonna need to know what TV package you’re getting lol.

An A?? Solid D+ from me since the first 40 laps were good.

I also want to know where you get that $8 monthly package lol.

Spill the beans. Where can we get the $8 TV package for 100,000 channels?

The Players Klub on firestick you will need internet though

Also you get all the new release movies and pay per views. As well as 10 to 12 countries tv channels. And all sports teams pretty good deal.

Salina is usually a rubbered-up POS by feature time if they get a big mod, sprint, or late model show.

I’m giving this years Dirt Million a F minus.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Cardirt0 nope I updated mine and it has 83,329 channels that include 14 countries and all sports teams as well as racing and 24/7 channels plus 13,568 movies, pay per views and 3,200 live channels.

Default thoughts on dirt million

Great idea. great purse. great format. Event should be held at a facility that will provide a good racing surface because it will never happen at Mansfield...

The Mansfield facility has so many things that the vast majority of dirt tracks would love to have. The only thing it needs that it doesn't have is a good track which is a fairly significant shortcoming. Wish they could get some of Port Royal's clay and give it another whirl but it is easy for me to spend other people's money.

I heard Cody cant find anyone to work the track. It looked like the 2 guys they had were clueless. Going 2 mph to water the track and it all just runs to the bottom instead of picking up speed and hitting the surface with just enough for it to soak in before hitting it the next lap over and over.

Their water trucks are too small also. They were emptied in a few laps if that and took 25 mins to fill up.

I wonder if they know that you can rent real nice water trucks it's things like this that makes a difference.

That explains a lot about the track.

They need REAL CLAY. The pick I seen in my Google topics thing, my God. Darn near topsoil.

Sharon has the exact dirt Port Royal does. If Cody can get a long term deal at Mansfield or buy it, be something to look into.

Because right now, everything else is nice. But your track is a polar opposite.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I wonder if they know that you can rent real nice water trucks it's things like this that makes a difference.
    He could probably get a bigger local construction company to lease him one. Long as they could have their company all over it, and you give them shout outs. Probably for a good price.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Anyone else notice the purse didn't go up Saturday night? Last year they made a big deal how the purse climbed up and said that the ticket sales, concessions etc.... got figured into the purse. That was the biggest crowd at Mansfield since its #backtodirt. Cody made out with a lot of money last night. Not sure whether he pocketed a big payday before hes done promoting Mansfield or if he did it to try and buy it/ extend the lease. But one thing is forsure the crowd was big and at $40 a ticket makes you wonder.

The ticker at the start of the night it was 312k, and that crowd was much smaller then last year

The ticker did increase to i believe just short of 340,000. But on a side note what a night for those weaker woo drivers. They really snuck one in on the lucas guys. Four out of the top five and five out of the top ten. Also good night for rocket despite the fact their not that good of a car they just sell so many.......just saying
    Last edited by Jking24; 08-26-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    The ticker did increase to i believe just short of 340,000. But on a side note what a night for those weaker woo drivers. They really snuck one in on the lucas guys. Four out of the top five and five out of the top ten. Also good night for rocket despite the fact their not that good of a car they just sell so many.......just saying
    Some folks just have a nose for the rubber I guess.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1