Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Back at the end of May I went to the woo sprint race at Nashville they had rented the nicest water truck I've ever seen I can't remember the rental company they sold ever seat Saturday night that's 20 thousand.

How about the fact that no trash was removed from the stands all weekend? Really disappointing. The dust was terrible. We were sitting entering turn 1 and never saw turn 4 Thurs or Friday DUE TO THE DUST. Apparently according to the announcers we were about to get another dust bowl track again Saturday until some of the drivers complained. Pretty good features Thurs & Friday, but Saturday was choo choo racing. Overall average experience at best. Was there last year and the atmosphere was electric. This year there was no atmosphere... If there is another one, count me out.

Yawnnago
    Agree with you! Been there 2 years now- just no atmosphere this year. Thursday/Friday great racing- terrible dust. Saturday- less dust-terrible racing. I don’t think there will be a next year. The trash wasn’t cleaned from the stands, dirt not blown off seating, trash barrels not emptied all weekend. I get the impression that Cody just wanted to get it over with &be done? I hope he returns because this is an excellent facility. Plenty of parking/camping- bathroom facilities are top notch. The format is good with awesome money for the teams. Largest 2nd place purse in late model history. I don’t think any race or track has been a total success after 2 years. With proper adjustments it “could” survive and become great. In fairness to Cody: this was the only race completed this year at Mansfield& they haven’t gotten the track prep figured out yet. The part I don’t understand is there was more than adequate security & parking attendants -but yet the seating areas were not cleaned all weekend.
    I really do try to look at the positives and give the benefit of doubt, but unless you have very deep pockets you can’t make money leasing a track & only have 1 race a year.(mother nature’s doing)
    He also has become a business partner with Bloomquist Racing-so I just think he gives it up. Will also add that 4m hasn’t been friendly to this event since the beginning. Cody is a very creative person when it comes to promoting- but we have to remember that he is a businessman as well. You can’t stay in business loosing money. Again, for many various reasons I hope Cody returns with Mansfield. With proper tweeting & adjustments it “could” be a great event.
    Will I be there again: the back of my mind says probably so - I like to think the glass is half full instead of empty! But I also fully understand why others probably wouldn’t return.
    I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. 🏁🏁

“Proper tweaking”

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    The ticker did increase to i believe just short of 340,000. But on a side note what a night for those weaker woo drivers. They really snuck one in on the lucas guys. Four out of the top five and five out of the top ten. Also good night for rocket despite the fact their not that good of a car they just sell so many.......just saying
    Not that good of a car they just sell so many.

Let’s let that one sink in. Just doesn’t make any sense. It’s a performance driven business.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

If my sarcasm wasn't blatantly obvious I apologize for any confusion

Race of the year !!

Just say no...