Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelling DoD

Default Cancelling DoD

I've come to the conclusion I need to just cancel my DoD subscription...why do they have to make cancelling difficult? It should be a simple button to click, confirm and you're done! No, you have to email them, request a cancel and wait for the response. No need for that process to require an email!

I know it's a pain I had to do the same thing I don't miss it there is way more ways to get results for free.

Sounds like it’s in the same category as canceling your service from Sirius

DoD is having a hard time from what i have heard as many of these sites are giving the information free, I think them and Speed 51 are in some kind of battle for who get to show what and how much

No gold dirt, you send Ali Collis a email and she cancels it, easy is that. Serius is 10x more difficult lol

I had to cancel due to not being able to catch much of their coverage the next few months, it was an email away, and it was cancelled. I thought it was painless. People these days are afraid of communication, all they ever want are things to be a click away.
    #AnybodyButBobby

Races in 2021:

Illini 100 (WoO) @ Farmer City Raceway
    Diamond Jim 43 @ Wilmot Raceway (Dirt Kings)
    Truck Country 50 (LOLMDS) @ 300 Raceway- Farley, IA
    27th and 26th Double Down Dream @ Eldora Speedway (UMP Dirtcar)
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway (LOLMDS)
    Prairie Dirt Classic @ FALS (WoO)

Sirius was a pain in the ass. I got Apple Music free with my cell plan a few months ago, so I don't have Sirius anymore, but the last few years I had it every time it came up for renewal I called and told them I needed to cancel because it was too expensive.
    When I did that suddenly they would offer me a "special introductory rate" for the year that was usually 5-10 bucks a month cheaper so I'd end up getting my subscription renewed for basically new subscriber prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadly329 View Post
    I had to cancel due to not being able to catch much of their coverage the next few months, it was an email away, and it was cancelled. I thought it was painless. People these days are afraid of communication, all they ever want are things to be a click away.
    My point was the extra step of the email wasn't necessary. Heck, they can probably save some coin by having Alli do something productive instead of processing cancellation emails. I have no problem communicating unless it's to an ignorant person, then it gets a little painful.

I got literally 13 emails from DOD on saturday saying my debit card expired and have had 1 email a day since saturday checked with the bank bank told me nothing wrong with my card .Years prior if it was time to renew it dod automatically renewed or if was issue DOD called me .

It is true they don't make it easy and the automatic auto pay is bs, they make it difficult so you will give up and they can keep hitting your credit/debit card every month...

Send 1 email..... problem solved. Not rocket science. Every site you that you subscribe to does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Sirius was a pain in the ass. I got Apple Music free with my cell plan a few months ago, so I don't have Sirius anymore, but the last few years I had it every time it came up for renewal I called and told them I needed to cancel because it was too expensive.
    When I did that suddenly they would offer me a "special introductory rate" for the year that was usually 5-10 bucks a month cheaper so I'd end up getting my subscription renewed for basically new subscriber prices.
    Sirius is the worst, well, TWC/Spectrum is up there too.

Wife just calls Sirius and is like yeah, nope, cancel it. Done it the whole time. 2 1/2 years, pays usually 50%. Hate to know what my Mom pays.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Sirius is the worst, well, TWC/Spectrum is up there too.Wife just calls Sirius and is like yeah, nope, cancel it. Done it the whole time. 2 1/2 years, pays usually 50%. Hate to know what my Mom pays.
    I was on the phone for 45 minutes one day with them. And it took me literally yelling into the phone cussing for the lady to cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Send 1 email..... problem solved. Not rocket science. Every site you that you subscribe to does the same thing.
    Not every. Most sites have a cancel subscription button.

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    It is true they don't make it easy and the automatic auto pay is bs, they make it difficult so you will give up and they can keep hitting your credit/debit card every month...
    Just as easy to contact your credit card company and deal with it that way.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Not every. Most sites have a cancel subscription button.
    Agreed...every site I deal with has a "cancel subscription" button. DoD is the only one I know of that does not.
    Kind of odd. It's 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    Agreed...every site I deal with has a "cancel subscription" button. DoD is the only one I know of that does not.
    Kind of odd. It's 2019.
    Dirtvision has the same issue as DoD, but that doesn't count because its run by DoD...

I had to cancel and a simple e-mail to one of the staff ended my subscription. As for results, as a nonsubscriber, go to their home page, click on schedule, select the month and you can see full rundown results by clicking on the winning driver's name at any event. A subscription is needed to READ the writeups, etc. but not to see results.

I ordered Fastpass for summernationals month. Sent an email cancelling when it was done. Somehow my subscription restarted and I got billed for 2 months before I caught it. One email and they refunded my money immediately. Very easy people to work with. Don't make everything such a big deal. Best late model source on the internet.

I am happy to have DOD and watch the races on my living room TV. I have been around for years and this being able to see all the races is just a great thing period. Sometimes we forget that, those of us that have been around the sport for years. Are they perfect? Of course not. My only complaint would be when you don't see the heats from Lucas, but that hasn't happened for a while.