Default Bloomquist chassis or Sweet Bloomquist chassis?

Seems like I'm hearing more of them being referred to as Bloomquist chassis instead of Sweet Bloomquist chassis. Just curious to know why the change?Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    Seems like I'm hearing more of them being referred to as Bloomquist chassis instead of Sweet Bloomquist chassis. Just curious to know why the change?Thanks!
    I think it’s all over nothing. When Scott took the car to be fixed after I think the Topless, or before it, he took it to Michigan. He thanked Randy for helping get it squared away. And they are still really close.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thanks for the information. I didn't think there had been a parting of the ways but all of a sudden, it seems like "Sweet" has been dropped from the name of the chassis and I wasn't sure if that was either Randy or Scott's changing that or the commentators at the LUCAS shows/crown jewel shows, etc. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    Thanks for the information. I didn't think there had been a parting of the ways but all of a sudden, it seems like "Sweet" has been dropped from the name of the chassis and I wasn't sure if that was either Randy or Scott's changing that or the commentators at the LUCAS shows/crown jewel shows, etc. Thank you again.
    You’re welcome. I have no idea. Cody trying to put Scott’s name out more, I dunno. I know I’d thank and acknowledge whoever built my car if I liked it. And the Sweet Bloomquist cars are pretty nice.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

With them going forward as more of a business now, and the hiring of Cody Sommer to build their brand and navigate the business end of things.... I have to wonder if Cody Mallory was let go, and Randy's name dropped, to protect the brand with both of those guys bringing negative publicity through their recent legal issues. Cody with getting arrested at the track, and Randy with the meth bust a few years back. If that isn't the case, I would be shocked as both those issues can be a liability when securing outside funds and their brand recognition as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    With them going forward as more of a business now, and the hiring of Cody Sommer to build their brand and navigate the business end of things.... I have to wonder if Cody Mallory was let go, and Randy's name dropped, to protect the brand with both of those guys bringing negative publicity through their recent legal issues. Cody with getting arrested at the track, and Randy with the meth bust a few years back. If that isn't the case, I would be shocked as both those issues can be a liability when securing outside funds and their brand recognition as a whole.

LOMAO
    Cody was not hired he BOUGHT part of the Company.
    Yea like Bloomer has never had any negative publicity !!!

Tony Stewart has a long list of negative headlines following him. He doesn't have a problem securing outside funds or with brand recognition.

MEE: Cody Sommer...not Cody Mallory

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    LOMAO
    Cody was not hired he BOUGHT part of the Company.
    Yea like Bloomer has never had any negative publicity !!!
    Correct, I stated it wrong. Which even more to my point, with Sommer having an ownership stake, and him having a pretty solid business and marketing background, would be more reason not to broadcast a partnership with a meth head and guy who gets arrested at the racetrack as the faces of the organization. No intelligent partner would ever allow that if the business was ever going to be credible on any level.
    To your point, yes Bloomer has had his share of personal negativity in the past, however don't look for that to continue as long as Sommer is involved. The difference is despite Scotts personal past, he is still profitable and his status in the sport allows some forgiveness there for people willing to open their wallets. Mallory and Sweet don't offer those benefits. I know this board gets some real ding dongs, but I think anyone with any sense of business will understand why Mallory is no longer with them and the Sweet partnership is not broadcast after Sommer got involved.

Correct, I stated it wrong. Which even more to my point, with Sommer having an ownership stake, and him having a pretty solid business and marketing background, would be more reason not to broadcast a partnership with a meth head and guy who gets arrested at the racetrack as the faces of the organization. No intelligent partner would ever allow that if the business was ever going to be credible on any level.
    To your point, yes Bloomer has had his share of personal negativity in the past, however don't look for that to continue as long as Sommer is involved. The difference is despite Scotts personal past, he is still profitable and his status in the sport allows some forgiveness there for people willing to open their wallets. Mallory and Sweet don't offer those benefits. I know this board gets some real ding dongs, but I think anyone with any sense of business will understand why Mallory is no longer with them and the Sweet partnership is not broadcast after Sommer got involved.
    I’d pay zero attention to MEE, if it involves Scott, logic need not apply.

Cody Mallory obviously needed to go. I think Sommer will be a good partner.

As far as Randy, he is not going anywhere. You realize he owns one of the best steering component companies in the world? And him and Scott are pretty dang tight. Any big race, he is there with Scott. The cars are still built in Michigan. Yes it’s a terrible drug, but it was a very small amount. Randy is still one smart cookie. And was a pretty good driver in his day. If he got nailed with a bunch of it, no doubt, gotta distance yourself. The little bit he had, oh well.

Randy will be there no matter what. I’m glad he got rid of Cody. This is still over nothing. They are still Sweet Bloomquist cars.

I agree Randy won't, and shouldn't, go anywhere. He is a genius and probably a huge part why they are as succesful as they are right now. I believe his facility also has a tie down rig and 4 post shakers as well. Thats huge when developing the car as a package.Its just my belief that since Sommer started inquiring about buying in, the Sweet relationship isn't as visible in the brand. I have to believe that it ties back to the meth charges.

I agree Randy won't, and shouldn't, go anywhere. He is a genius and probably a huge part why they are as succesful as they are right now. I believe his facility also has a tie down rig and 4 post shakers as well. Thats huge when developing the car as a package.Its just my belief that since Sommer started inquiring about buying in, the Sweet relationship isn't as visible in the brand. I have to believe that it ties back to the meth charges.
    And I think your post is spot on. But, while I agree with you, it’s like, this dude built a helluva business just doing steering stuff, and doing it right.

I remember the story on why him and Scott became close. Everybody was kissing Randy’s butt, wanting free and discounted stuff. And Scott was like, it’s good, but it can be better. And he worked with Randy a long time ago to get the stuff to his liking. So from then on, they’ve had a relationship.

So while I agree with watching what’s around you, Randy Sweet needs to have some leeway.

Scott has a tie down rig at his shop. Bought it from Michael Waltrip Racing liquidation.

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRuss View Post
    Scott has a tie down rig at his shop. Bought it from Michael Waltrip Racing liquidation.
    Nice. At least they got one at a discount.

Yeah, I went down to the shop with a buddy that used to work Scott years ago. We went down in February one of the years he was late to Golden Isles. He called in all help he could get to try and get ready. The tie down rig was over in the shop that McDowell uses now. I will say one thing g about Scott, even as they were WAY behind, he would not sacrifice looks or function and was still 100% perfectionist. If it came down to missing a race or throwing some junk together, he was gonna miss the race.