Thread: DOD at I-96

Default DOD at I-96

What a big let down. I know they were told to cut back on Lucas
    but this was WOO.
    I watched the race this morning and with two laps to
    go they had a caution,for some reason they cut the last 2 laps of
    the race off !!!!!!!!!
    I guess B Shep won but dang it I would liked to have seen the finish.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

The race was called for rain on lap 24, I'm sure that had something to do with it.

They probably needed to save money, so that they would have plenty of beer money for Fairbury. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundtown21 View Post
    The race was called for rain on lap 24, I'm sure that had something to do with it.
    And why no recap of the race or the Proctor race either ?

I hate to say it but I think they are going down hill.

They got hit with a monsoon on lap 24 under caution. Called it a race after waiting it out for about an hour. Guys already loaded up headed to Sharon and you want a recap - use some common sense before bashing.

Also, I don't think some folks understand how some of these videos work - like the Silver 1000 at Proctor. DoD doesn't send a true staffer there to video the event, usually due to logistics on busy holiday weekends like this one. Instead they find a local shooter, many times somebody who is doing a broadcast of the event. They (DoD) then purchase the race footage to go on DoD. This is something they do to try and provide bonus content to the viewers that might not have been an option in the past. Sometimes, there's no post recaps because the shooter doesn't do interviews.

My .02

- Ben

1) There were literally no more highlights to be had from I-96. Those were the last laps before a TORRENT of rain came. That was literally it. Probably should have put a "rain shot" on there, but it was raining so hard we wanted to get the guys out of the rain.

2) We waited an hour for an official decision, so by that time everyone was loaded up and there was no recap to be had.

3) The Proctor thing is the same as always, (as Ben described) ... we frequently buy video from shooters and just take the feature. (EXACTLY how it's been for 13 years on DoD ... literally no different).

Hope that helps ... but like I said we are producing more content now than we literally ever had, but since the I-96 and Proctor questions were so easy I thought I'd answer them.

-- Michael

Quote Originally Posted by DirtonDirt View Post
    1) There were literally no more highlights to be had from I-96. Those were the last laps before a TORRENT of rain came. That was literally it. Probably should have put a "rain shot" on there, but it was raining so hard we wanted to get the guys out of the rain.

2) We waited an hour for an official decision, so by that time everyone was loaded up and there was no recap to be had.

3) The Proctor thing is the same as always, (as Ben described) ... we frequently buy video from shooters and just take the feature. (EXACTLY how it's been for 13 years on DoD ... literally no different).

Hope that helps ... but like I said we are producing more content now than we literally ever had, but since the I-96 and Proctor questions were so easy I thought I'd answer them.

-- Michael
    Thanks for what you do. I really enjoy seeing highlights and races from all over the country, places where I would never get to see a race at.

It also says it in the race recap on racewire so literally anybody that can read could have figured that out. This guy is clearly just stirring (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) or he is a complete idiot.dod may have shorten the lucas stuff but they have never not shown the finish of the race. I mean really

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    It also says it in the race recap on racewire so literally anybody that can read could have figured that out. This guy is clearly just stirring (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) or he is a complete idiot.dod may have shorten the lucas stuff but they have never not shown the finish of the race. I mean really
    I have never seen racewire,so I guess I'm an idiot.
    All I know is I logged on to DOD and watch a race where with 2 laps to go they had a caution
    and I had no clue as to what happened.
    Maybe they aren't paying the guys enough to care about the subscribers.
    I was not trying to stir any thing up.
    And you sir can kiss my a$$.
    Yea I know you're a bad ------
    Last edited by DLC; 08-30-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    2021 tracks
    Florence 2
    Atomic 2
    (PPV) & Streams ( 2 many)
    (MMP) 1
    (PRP) 3
    (BrushCreek) 1
    (the Rock) 1

Quote Originally Posted by DLC View Post
    All I know is I logged on to DOD and watch a race where with 2 laps to go they had a caution
    It wasn't halfway yet when the rain came, so not sure where you get there was 2 laps to go.

Racewire is the one section on DoD. And it poured at I96, why the footage was short.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I have never seen racewire,so I guess I'm an idiot.All I know is I logged on to DOD and watch a race where with 2 laps to go they had a cautionand I had no clue as to what happened.Maybe they aren't paying the guys enough to care about the subscribers.I was not trying to stir any thing up.And you sir can kiss my a$$.Yea I know you're a bad ------
    The point is all the information you needed is clearly posted on DOD. So before you make a post in a public forum about dod cutting content and bashing them. You might want to do a little looking around the website. AND yes your jumping on a bandwagon had it not been for the other recent post you wouldn't even have posted anything