Default LR Birdcage Angle

Been talking to several different people about Birdcage angles at full droop. What angles is everyone shooting for now? 10-15 degrees at full droop, puts the top way back behind centerline at ride height, but thrust angle loads more in to the spring in dynamic.

Seems like whenever I de-index the LR statically, bad things happen even though it still seems like it would or should be better (in my head). All I can figure is that I am not getting the correct bar angles at full droop, and that they are more important than the final amount of birdcage rotation. I’d love to have someone tell me I am wrong.

I put a long rod on the top that is mounted behind centerline but birdcage is still in the centerline if the axle. Seems to work well for me. Been running well.

These things matter. This is a oversimplified explanation.
    1) bar angle when you accelerate.
    2) bar angle when you decelerate.
    3) wheel load leaving corner
    4) wheel load entering corner
    5) antisquat while driving down the straight

The bar angles affect the wheel load, but so do all the other measurements on the cage.

The angle of your cage at ride height means absolutely nothing aside from the effect it has on the items above, if you do nothing to address it.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-11-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1