Default Rocket chassis skates through apex

How do I get the car to stop floating/skating from apex to exit??

Blue/grey rocket- raised rail
    Crate car
    Entry is comfortable, get to center and the car just is not in track and floats. Have gone to a 225 RF spring which has helped entry but hurt apex off. I can run just about wide open to center of corner, trail braking but then the car is a dud.
    LF: 550
    RF: 225 (with spring rubber, roller skate bump)
    LR : 125
    RR: 250 spring (with spring rubber)
    Left% 54.0
    Rear% 54.4
    Jbar: 8in on frame, bottom hole on pinion

Car has won multiple races this year, just has been inconsistent, need to better for big season ending show.

I know virtually nothing about Rockets, but that seems like an awful stiff LF spring for nowadays...but I could be wrong.

Is this only an issue in the feature/dry slick? How is the attitude of the car? Is it getting over on the right side or is the RF not down on the track when the track slows down? Could be the car not rolling over due to decreasing entry speeds as the track slows down, or a lot of times a tendency to drive into the corner straighter when it gets slick and makes you have to turn the car again in the center. Without watching the car it’s hard to diagnose. I agree with the post above though. That’s a pretty heavy LF spring. Is that what they recommend, or have you bumped that up to try to fix another issue?

This has been an issue the past few weeks on every track condition..tacky heat race to slick feature. The car is pinned on RF all the way around, LR is on the bars all the way around. Feels like there is absolutely no LR drive and at times feels like the car is dumped on the RR, even though its pinned on the RF.

I ran the 550 LF spring last season and liked it. Tried running a 475 spring for a while this yr, but felt like it made car to loose on entry. So I went back to the 550 spring

That's pretty low on the jbar. How much packer under the roller skate?

Quote Originally Posted by fleming10 View Post
    This has been an issue the past few weeks on every track condition

I assume that it was fine sometime in the past and the problem just showed up lately from the way you make it sound:

1. If it started all at once (not so much progressively got worse), then did you bump wheels with another car/wall around the time it started? if so replace both front spindles and try that. Also check the rear end side to side, easy to bend a J-bar and move the rear end and not see the bar is bent (happens more with a steel J-bar as the J bends more and doesn't appear bent - aluminum one is way easier to see as it doesn't shorten in the J like a steel one)

2. If it has progressively got worse over time, then double check your chain length and see if the chain hasn't stretched.

The only way to truly begin to decipher where the problem lies is to know your current setup data. These cars work pretty well on the baseline deal/loads/setting/springs. I will say this: if you lowered RF spring rate (from what rate) and it got worse, perhaps you went wrong direction or actually lowered wheel load? But 225 with rubber and bump skate wheel means nothing without load #'s now and what you had. 550 LF is 100# plus from manufacturers baseline crate deal for these cars. When all seems wrong, check everything, and go back to your baseline.
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 09-02-2019 at 07:56 PM.

I sent you a PM

Skate wheel won’t help ya here a 1/16 in travel loss can kill you load on those so it’s more a limiter to not dig in the track you need something to load it back up and push against to get some travel back rearward and that’s low in jbar I would use a 225 with a rubber and a Penske cone bump like red or black or blue that RSW is super progressive

Quote Originally Posted by fleming10 View Post
    How do I get the car to stop floating/skating from apex to exit??

Blue/grey rocket- raised rail
    Crate car
    Entry is comfortable, get to center and the car just is not in track and floats. Have gone to a 225 RF spring which has helped entry but hurt apex off. I can run just about wide open to center of corner, trail braking but then the car is a dud.
    LF: 550
    RF: 225 (with spring rubber, roller skate bump)
    LR : 125
    RR: 250 spring (with spring rubber)
    Left% 54.0
    Rear% 54.4
    Jbar: 8in on frame, bottom hole on pinion

Car has won multiple races this year, just has been inconsistent, need to better for big season ending show.

Those cone bumps are pretty progressive when you travel them enough. Rsw can be linear, but it takes a system of them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Check your PM

Less rf rebound, less lr rebound, less trail on the lr/less longer on the lr. If it loose from the center out, you either need more dynamic wedge or less rear steer.