Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wide vs narrow xr1

can anyone give any input is one better then the other and what differences are there

Not saying it's right but i was told narrow for limited engines and wide for supers. Wide makes a tighter car on entry I guess.

Im not aware of their being a wide xr1 option. Are you talking about a blue/grey car ?

no the rear halo on a xr1 there is a wide or narrow option.....

Quote Originally Posted by maypop racing engines View Post
    no the rear halo on a xr1 there is a wide or narrow option.....
    I can't tell a difference, shrugs

It's not an option. It was a change that started in 18 for safety but i don't it was received well because some had it some didn't. So naturally some said ones better than the other. So i think they just went back to the original design.

But like billet said i don't think their is much of a difference I've seen both win in crate steel block and super

thanks King24!!! i have a wide cage car and have struggeled with it there is 2 that i know of locally and we both have same issues no traction in the slick the narrow cars in my area seem to have traction maybe im searching for somthing that has nothing to do with it was just a thought

thanks King24!!! i have a wide cage car and have struggeled with it there is 2 that i know of locally and we both have same issues no traction in the slick the narrow cars in my area seem to have traction maybe im searching for somthing that has nothing to do with it was just a thought
    I am not the smartest guy in the world, but if I had to put a percentage on the effects of making the cage a few inches wider on handling (all else being equal), I would put it somewhere between 0% and 0.5%.

Yes i doubt it has anything to do with that one car that i can point out from last year was Devin Moran. They tore a car up early in the year and got a new one it was "wide"and that is the car he had many of his good runs in. Generally people who struggle for traction in the slick are too tight on entry to the middle and sheer the car. Also the slick is usually when things like binding bird cage bearings or generally any bind ing in the car become a problem

my car came from tye he is my rocket dealer and thats why the (wide) car.....i just heard from another guy baker told him josh said he wouldnt want to see another wide car there terrible and im not sure they make them that way anymore im with you guys 1.5 inches cant make or break a car or can it?

my car came from tye he is my rocket dealer and thats why the (wide) car.....i just heard from another guy baker told him josh said he wouldnt want to see another wide car there terrible and im not sure they make them that way anymore im with you guys 1.5 inches cant make or break a car or can it?
    Eckert, said the same thing the wide cars aren't as good. That being said every wide car I've dealt with runs great, I haven't noticed a difference in them.

Now with that being said, I've seen several that are really good in the traction with an XR1 but semi struggle in the dead slick. However that's without being involved in their program so it's hard to say if it's the car or what they are doing, I'm inclined to believe it's what they are doing and not so much the car.

I agree billet i would like to think these cars are fairly consistent at least for the cost of them i would hope.....im not kevin rumley bye any means but also dont think im a idiot also i feel like no matter what i try or change not much of a difference in the car....its a slow stop and go track i run at mostley thats slick the kryptonite cars shine there would like to keep my rocket but the starting up front and falling to 7th or 8th most nights is making me question the car....or maybe the reality is i suck haha thanks for the replies

Just an observation here, but i have noticed a lot of the K cars really index that LR birdcage fwd, the upper bar is dead straight with the cage, close to over indexing. The XR1 cars i noticed run more the parallel bar deal, more of the modern set up type, birdcage more vertical at the bottom of travel.

Have you tried the longer LR upper bar, 1" aft on the birdcage?

I know it may be apples to oranges, car to car, set up to set up, but something i have noticed that stuck out to me.

Just say no...

Stop and go is the worst track for a XR1, IMO so it's probably not you.

thats what i needed to hear billet lol

I agree billet i would like to think these cars are fairly consistent at least for the cost of them i would hope.....im not kevin rumley bye any means but also dont think im a idiot also i feel like no matter what i try or change not much of a difference in the car....its a slow stop and go track i run at mostley thats slick the kryptonite cars shine there would like to keep my rocket but the starting up front and falling to 7th or 8th most nights is making me question the car....or maybe the reality is i suck haha thanks for the replies
    I'd say the car is no good. What you want for it?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd say the car is no good. What you want for it?
    She’s for sale!!!!

we just updated our 2010 blue to xr1 rear brackets and it has never been faster.. definitely tighter, had to loosen entry and middle but way better

In case I made my post sound wrong: Slick or powdery stop and go tracks with an XR1 aren't great using something similar to the baseline set up. You will need to stray a fair ways from the base, in a couple area's but again really depends on the track, dirt, tires and rules.

The baseline is more for when you can momentum race, IMO.