Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Big Events

Big events attract fans because all the fast guys are there ... I think if you put all of it together it was a good show ....The weather was great for openers ... If jd had broke it .... There were a bunch that had a shot at it ... Anyone have any ideal what kinda money Tony makes on an event like this after its all said n done ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I thought the track was fairly racy. A lot of action for 2nd place in several races and on back through the field. I do agree with the SxS complaint though. Somebody's gonna get hurt if they don't get rid of them. There's cops everywhere, how's that not a DUI. If somebody hit my kid trying to get back to the car I'd gutstomp everybody on that mofo. Its gonna happen at some point if something isn't changed. And whats up with the family section, I thought it was supposed to be alcohol free? I"m all for having a few coldbeers, but I got seats there to keep my boy away from all the filthy talk and theres still people crackin open bud lights all around me. Was still a better atmosphere for the kids though compared to the rest of the seats. Although there were only a couple kids in the whole section. Seems like they need to enforce their rules a little better IMO. Still had a great time as always. I've been to ten in a row and plan on another 30 lord willin'

Only complaint i got is fat a$$e$ taking way more room then they purchased. Either put the wood slats between all the seats like some on the main grandstand section to make it uncomfortable as hell for those hogging space. Or tech peoples hip width like they do ride height on late models. If your a$$ doesn’t fit the template sorry no entry into that section. I am 6’3” 235 and some of the people have one leg as big around as my waist.

Quote Originally Posted by denopolis23 View Post
    I do agree with the SxS complaint though. Somebody's gonna get hurt if they don't get rid of them. There's cops everywhere, how's that not a DUI. If somebody hit my kid trying to get back to the car I'd gutstomp everybody on that mofo. Its gonna happen at some point if something isn't changed.'
    I dont get why they allow SXS'. I remember when they outlawed quads several years ago. I just don't get how allowing the SXS crowd is any better. IMO it's more dangerous.

Tossin in my 2 cents...

As much as we all have cussed mother nature this year, hats off to the old lady for a fantastic stretch of weather and saving us all from coming back in october.

With all due respect for Katie Spriggs at Knoxville, Rusty Shields is da man! I was hoping I was going to be able to sing along the Austrailan national anthem but it was not to be.

On that note, hats off also to Kye Blight, good job mate!
    And the canadian, Weiss, who was also fast all weekend.
    It truly was a "world" 100 and hope that pattern continues to repeat itself.

Thursday night, I dont know which is more impressive, Moyer winning #840 or Hudson winning on his 19th birthday
    (dont answer that, moyer, but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), what the heck were YOU doing when you turned 19?)
    (in fact, don’t answer any of this)
    Schlenk represented himself well with the Heat race win.

Friday, Poor Jon Henry, leading, dodged the one car that spun in front of him only to end up tangled up with a lapped car when both dived to the bottom. Was cheering hard, hope to see him back again.

Don Oneal, wtf?

Can Madden ever give an interview without whining about something?? I dont think so..

JD’s wrap was pretty good, I liked it. Really looked like that car had set out in the weeds for a year or 2 before it came to race. The die casts were just as cool. Not a fan of the driver tho and I walked out on him Friday night. But again, got to give credit where credit is due, wheelin that thing without power steering for 70 laps was impressive. JD deserved that win.

Not near as many boos for the GOAT as past years, I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. I am on neither side of the fence, but still, glad to see him there, looks like he still needs to heal up a bit more tho.

Please stop with the "Record breaking" crowd already. Have heard it ad naseum for the past 3/4 years at all the major events, so much that you just have ignore it at this point (with no numbers ever given to back it up) To my amateur, untrained eye, I have seen more on the hillsides in the past so I aint buyin it, but hey, what the heck do I know?

And yes, there were “Record breaking” 800 more camp sites sold, of course, cause the free lot is gone. Goes without saying…
    And my world tickets cost me 50 bucks more for the weekend, should start announcing record breaking profits. (my whole year package (dream, royal, world) cost me 120 bucks more than last year.

Thank you Wade Unger for bringing the "fan phone flashlights" to the states. I dont know how it looked from the drivers point of view but I think it was impressive.

Thanks god no red flag fuel stop. (Hear me knoxville?)

(Welcome Home) Sanatarium.
    Last edited by RiffRaf67; 09-09-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: additional credits
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

What is everyone's thoughts on the globe changing? That trophy has been so iconic for all these years, now it suddenly changes for the 49th annual World? Just odd to me, not the same without "the globe"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on the globe changing? That trophy has been so iconic for all these years, now it suddenly changes for the 49th annual World? Just odd to me, not the same without "the globe"
    You wouldn't change the Borg-Warner would you? I don't know why they changed the World 100 trophy... what they gave away simply is not the Globe trophy. AND there were always 2 Globe trophy's given away, one for the driver and one for the owner.
    Not a fan.
    "The Wise One"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Its stupid. That trophy was and is iconic to the sport, it didn't changed or updated. Earl probably just rolled over in his grave.

I’d say thanks for the new hardware Smoke, but i would like my traditional Globe trophy as well. Nice gesture but it ain’t a globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Big events attract fans because all the fast guys are there ... I think if you put all of it together it was a good show ....The weather was great for openers ... If jd had broke it .... There were a bunch that had a shot at it ... Anyone have any ideal what kinda money Tony makes on an event like this after its all said n done ....
    It is not so much what Tony makes as what the event makes. Huge profits for sure. Tony spreads it around though, and it take his accountant to figure out what he makes. LOL
    I knew Earl and he had less payroll than Tony. However, it reaps big big bucks, obviously.

Hated the trophy
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

My notes from the weekend:

- Don O'neal sucks
    - Mike Marlar is honest
    - Scott Bloomquist looks likes he has aged 20 years in the last 10 months
    - Hudson will be a stud in DLM racing (Sooner than later)
    - The beer was cold
    - The weather was great
    - Don O'neal sucks
    - The place was packed
    - Glad to see Saturday night fever again at the Big E
    - I wasn't a fan of the trophy
    - I didn't win the 50/50
    - Next year will be epic
    - Don O'neal sucks

Thanks. Just making sure I wasn't the only one who noticed and didn't like it.

My thoughts are I sure do wish I was there, just like every year. Hopefully next year can finally be the year I get to go to the World. I went to the Dream 12 years ago. For some of us, it’s kind of a once in a lifetime thing. Loved the Brewster Baker 49. God willing see you next year.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Still trying to catch up from the weekend, Shirley d!cked overton in The b after he drove from 12-4 in his heat...could tell the car wasn’t the same after he drove threw his right front

Haha...ya...use a stagger stick on some of the big ol boys (and gals). Over about 18”..you buy 2 seats. It does get a little ridiculous , some of the people.

It should look like the Stanley cup, silver...xcept the cup is a globe. Place the winners on it like the Stanley cup. There...I’ll take my lifetime 2 tickets.😇
    Last edited by ride height; 09-09-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by makin'bakin' View Post
    My notes from the weekend:

- Don O'neal sucks
    - Mike Marlar is honest
    - Scott Bloomquist looks likes he has aged 20 years in the last 10 months
    - Hudson will be a stud in DLM racing (Sooner than later)
    - The beer was cold
    - The weather was great
    - Don O'neal sucks
    - The place was packed
    - Glad to see Saturday night fever again at the Big E
    - I wasn't a fan of the trophy
    - I didn't win the 50/50
    - Next year will be epic
    - Don O'neal sucks
    Do you have any opinion on the idiotic driving of Don O’Neal?

Haven't been since I sorta helped drag a wedge car to the 100 in '83.

Might go back for the 50th...

I see they tore down the cornfield restrooms in turn four. No more pooping in the field?

Do they still only have two urinals for 40,000 people?

Darn it... I hate all that fancy stuff.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I don’t have a single negative thing to say about the whole weekend. It was my 29th World 100, but my first since moving to Georgia in 2014. The place is magical, and better than ever. There isn’t anything else like it in America. It was even more magical for my wife, Melissa. She grew up at dirt tracks, specifically Swainsboro, where her dad raced and several of her other family members worked (including her Uncle Ollie, who flagged). Before I met her in 2013, she’d never been to a dirt track north of Georgia. This was her first time at Eldora. The fact she’s been a huge JD fan for many years made it even better. She was losing her mind the whole race. Needless to say, we bought several Brewster shirts, which was a brilliant marketing strategy for JD. We even watched the movie on YouTube with our granddaughters in Knoxville the night before we continued our trip to Rossburg. Our oldest (7-years old) is now begging to go to a race.

I could go on and on about how awesome Eldora is and how perfect the weekend was for us. My first time at Eldora was a sprint race in 1969, when I was a baby, but I count 1980 as my real first time there. When I watched Charlie Swartz win the World 100. This one was every bit as magical as my first. Thank you again, Earl, for building it, and thank you Tony for making it even better. I can’t wait til next year!