Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knoxville!

Default Knoxville!

No time to regroup. Who's ready for Knoxville?! For personal reasons (closer to home, easier to attend), this is my favorite race weekend of the year. Will we see a first three time winner (Bloomer, Marlar)? Can JD go back to back? Will Madden keep his strong performance going? Can Birky find some magic in his home state? Maybe a former winner (Owens, TMac) or first time winner (Pierce, Richards)? BShepp could add to his record season. Maybe someone not mentioned? Hopefully we get some good weather and even better racing!

This event is my personal super bowel. Maybe Bobby can capture the trophy? Iowa tracks have been good for him. Remember Tyler Erb broke though a Thursday night win last year.

Knoxville Nationals has been on my bucket list, this year I get to finally attend. Any suggestions for sightseeing during the day
    MAKE TODAY THE BEST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

Take the 10 minute drive up to Pella and take in their downtown. Also even if you are not a sprint car person go to the hall of fame and soak it in.

Wonder how many teams left Eldora and went straight to Knoxville?

Making my second trip as first trip waa 3 years ago just for Saturday and it was a 4 hour rain delay and announcer kept lieing about what was going on and nobody seemed to know what was reserved and what wasn't. So hoping this trip is better. track was fast top follow the leader. Anyway any idea on make up date or what they will do for Thursday night? weather is not looking promising at all but that could change. just asking if there like Eldora an run it late night or like others once it sprinkles they cancel?

I believe the Hall of Fame has an AJ Foyt display still going, with seven of his former cars in house. Looking forward to checking that out. I'm not sure what they will do if we see rain Thursday. There has only been one year in which Thursday and/or Friday were rained out, that year both nights were rained out. My guess is if they can get it in, they will. .

I’m not sure? If Ricky Weiss will be there or not? But, it’s just a matter of time. Before he wins another crown jewel. He’s smooth a baby’s back side He’s my pick for Knox

I’m going for the first time this year too. I’ll probably run up to Pella and check it out speedemon thanks for the tip. Any good eating places around there? I work hard to keep up this full figure I have!

Rib shack next to the track is good. There is a new steak house that opened up where Udders was. There’s a new pasta place in downtown Knoxville. Definitely hit the bakeries and meat markets in pella

Tomorrow's weather still looks questionable. I saw on a facebook post it was asked if Thursday were to cancel, would there be a double show/make up? There was a response from an employee that said the current plan is no make up if it happens. Just run Friday/Saturday as planned. Not sure if he was speaking officially on behalf of the track or not. Also of note, looks like the pre-entry list is currently around 50 drivers. Once cars are on track, should be a great time!

I wish this would draw more cars, it's an amazing facility, track and race. With only 50 cars its a good thing they are having the Malvern Bank LM's or there would be way too much downtime.

I know how hard on equipment the track is, but a few years ago when it was 75+ cars the racing was amazing for the transfers.
    Last edited by MotoMatt; 09-11-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    I wish this would draw more cars, it's an amazing facility, track and race. With only 50 cars I hope there is a support class like last year, it will be a lot of down time if not. I checked the website and didn't see any info on a support class though.
    Malvern Bank LM’s are there Saturday only. I’m guessing upper 50’s for car count like the last few years. Hopefully the storms miss the track Thursday. Other than that everything looks good until late Saturday night.

There will be more cars than that who are pre entered.

Per his twitter ricky weiss will be there

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    I wish this would draw more cars, it's an amazing facility, track and race. With only 50 cars its a good thing they are having the Malvern Bank LM's or there would be way too much downtime.

I know how hard on equipment the track is, but a few years ago when it was 75+ cars the racing was amazing for the transfers.
    The track is hard on equipment. I think they're only doing 75 laps this year instead of 100 because of that?

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    The track is hard on equipment. I think they're only doing 75 laps this year instead of 100 because of that?
    Knoxvilles website says they are doing 100 lap A main on Saturday night.

Last couple years it’s been 100 with a fuel stop

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    I believe the Hall of Fame has an AJ Foyt display still going, with seven of his former cars in house. Looking forward to checking that out. I'm not sure what they will do if we see rain Thursday. There has only been one year in which Thursday and/or Friday were rained out, that year both nights were rained out. My guess is if they can get it in, they will. .
    I just emailed yesterday and yes the AJ Foyt display is still there. I thought it was 10 cars but could be wrong. I've been trying to get down there all year to see it and time is running short.

Default Knoxville

The black gumbo surface in Knoxville makes for an incredibly consistent track. Been there for every LM weekend since 2005; and will not miss one ever.

Was there in 2014 when Birky goes by Bloomy turn 4 lap 100; oh my!