Default A few years off but

Do any of you have your ear to the railroad tracks on where the East bay part of Speedweeks is moving to? I read somewhere that Ocala was in foreclosure. I know it's a few years off, but it's almost the end of this season and time for Florida again. (Unbelievably) Dad told me time was gonna really fly when I got older, he wasn't wrong.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Do any of you have your ear to the railroad tracks on where the East bay part of Speedweeks is moving to? I read somewhere that Ocala was in foreclosure. I know it's a few years off, but it's almost the end of this season and time for Florida again. (Unbelievably) Dad told me time was gonna really fly when I got older, he wasn't wrong.
    I agree with you about time flying by! I still like to think I'm young, but my body reminds me otherwise!!

East Bay is sold in 5 years and I have to think it may have been a smart move on their part. I can't help but think racing as we know it will be about extinct by then. It's been mentioned that Lucas and WOO would be all that's left before long, but the problem with that is Lucas owns one track and WOO owns none. It will do no good for the 2 series to still be around if the tracks they race at disappear. Something drastic has to happen with costs or racing will only be something we tell our grandchildren about. Hopefully someone comes up with a better idea to save racing besides crate engines.

I don’t have any inside info or anything, but it wouldn’t surprise me at at all that when East Bay goes away if Lucas moved their speedweeks out west, maybe absorbing the WWSO.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I agree with you about time flying by! I still like to think I'm young, but my body reminds me otherwise!!

East Bay is sold in 5 years and I have to think it may have been a smart move on their part. I can't help but think racing as we know it will be about extinct by then. It's been mentioned that Lucas and WOO would be all that's left before long, but the problem with that is Lucas owns one track and WOO owns none. It will do no good for the 2 series to still be around if the tracks they race at disappear. Something drastic has to happen with costs or racing will only be something we tell our grandchildren about. Hopefully someone comes up with a better idea to save racing besides crate engines.
    The WoO still owns Volusia.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

And take All Star Sprints West with them? Does UMP get the boot for IMCA for the mod squad?
    Last edited by Rocky; 09-09-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

No inside info but I would look for All-Tech Raceway in Lake City, Fl. to schedule the Lucas Series. They have put a ton of money into the facility and coming this winter for Speedweeks 2020 they have added the Big Block Modifieds from the Northeast.

Okay that's good info. Or at least a good hunch. Fact is , I gotta get to East Bay. I don't wanna regret it.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The WoO still owns Volusia.
    My mistake, but the point is still the same.

I think someone will have to pick up Lucas races down in Speedweeks. Those races are always well attended on the weekends and Volusia is packed pretty much every night. I would think maybe Screven, since they aren't WoO sanctioned anymore, may jump on picking up the Lucas races. All-Tech Raceway as someone mentioned also seems to be upping their game and wanting more big shows. Beautiful facility from what I have heard.

golden isles expandes to 4 nights then maybe 2 or 3 at lake city/screvan/ocala who knows if any of them will still be open in 5 yrs

One of the articles I read mentioned the possibility of Eastbay owners partnering up with a new motorsports complex in the Tampa area.
    My first trip to eastbay 10 years ago, I really felt that place didnt have much longer in it due to the outside influences. One way in the track you're passing through the Industrial docks/shipping area, and the other way you're passing through a bunch of Carney's. And the 10pm curfew (in a pretty industrial area no less) has always stayed a hassle at any of their events.

Quote Originally Posted by tb1545 View Post
    One of the articles I read mentioned the possibility of Eastbay owners partnering up with a new motorsports complex in the Tampa area.
    My first trip to eastbay 10 years ago, I really felt that place didnt have much longer in it due to the outside influences. One way in the track you're passing through the Industrial docks/shipping area, and the other way you're passing through a bunch of Carney's. And the 10pm curfew (in a pretty industrial area no less) has always stayed a hassle at any of their events.
    Everyone needs to stop at the Walmart in Riverview close to the carnival area. Believe thats where most of the pics for the "People of Walmart" are taken.

I will put that Walmart on my bucket list and go there at like 3AM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Ive been to that Walmart...fit right in...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I think Bubba will pick up the Lucas races!

The foreclosure has been settled and he is back on the air full time on several station.BRP is my second favorite track so I hope it helps the sting of Eastbay closing.....2020 will mark my 24th year of the Winternationals!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I think Bubba will pick up the Lucas races!

The foreclosure has been settled and he is back on the air full time on several station.BRP is my second favorite track so I hope it helps the sting of Eastbay closing.....2020 will mark my 24th year of the Winternationals!
    That’s good news. I haven’t ever been to Eastbay but I am not gonna make the mistake of not going before it’s too late. At least I know when that is. I found 4m because I was trying to find out about getting DTWC tickets for Pennsboro right after I came back from being stationed in Japan. And Pennsboro was gone. Not again. Never got to Manzanita either.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

There will be plenty of places to race Speedweeks shows.

WWSO will always remain unsanctioned as Chris Kearns owns the event and has made that very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by bill39 View Post
    golden isles expandes to 4 nights then maybe 2 or 3 at lake city/screvan/ocala who knows if any of them will still be open in 5 yrs
    I was thinking I saw Lake City on the auction block last spring