Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 years on 4M

Default 20 years on 4M

im not sure when 4m started , but i found some stuff i printed off the tech section right after i joined in 1999 , i was away for a while in 2007 right when the reboot took place and didnt re join till fall of 08 , never have had but one account and screen name , my have things have changed , back then there were 50 different people a day posting good quality post , now there is maybe 5 or 6 a day , sometimes i wander if all the banning helps or hurts ?

I joined around 1997 or 98

blame some of it on Facebook

I can’t remember for sure when i joined. I do know that i was originally Black Sunshine back in the day running Windows 95. lol

There’s a lot more competition out there now. Facebook and Twitter mostly.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Yep ... ‘98 for me. It was originally called Chasin Racin.

2000 is when I joined

Been here since '06. Blink of an eye for you 20 year guys.

Originally Zonks32, lost that duringthe re-boot, been Zonks32x since.

Always appreciate the stories, insights, and history shared by many.

Appreciate the

I first registered in 1997 when it was Chasin Racin. We had, 4m, Whowon.com and the Have a Tampa site and that was about it as far as Late Model racing sites. I have seen many changes and many people come and go. There used to be several ladies that posted here regularly. LeeBo was my best friend, actually he was everybody's best friend. There was a chat room where we could talk racing and tech stuff. And nobody argued about whether Bobby was a clean driver or not lol. Yep, I've seen lots of changes.
    Last edited by JimBo; 09-10-2019 at 07:54 PM.

i remember that zonks , a lot of peoples original names did not go through , maybe me waiting a while to log back on let me keep mine , never thought about it.......

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Been here since Nov 1996, my first initiation to 4m was when I was living in Casa Grande Ariz and was fiddling around looking for anything on the latest DLM news and this site cropped up. They hadn't been on very long and it was a fun site from what I had seen. No bulls*it and everyone was talking racing, matter of fact that first night I was on here I spent three hours chatting with anyone who knew about Pennsboro and the latest races coming up

And yes, Leebo was a friend to all and my best friend on here ( the man knew DLM racing like no other ) and we would raise hell with Roscoe P Rockhard ( who I wondered at times was a little weird ) but funny as all hell. And thru these 23 years I've made friends with 100's of people on here most notably Lee, Paperman, Slick, The Fireman, Roscoe, The Bloomtown Rat, Rob Selle, Maestro, sexy shiela, strippergirl, and so many others I can't remember off the top of my head.

But this site has been beneficial to so many people and I'm glad its still on here, lets hope it stays online long after I'm gone.

And speaking of names, I have had two since I been on here JMontana16, and the one I have now since 2000.
    Last edited by MontanaMagic1619*; 09-10-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Before we discovered Chasin Racin, a lot of us posted on the DLM section on the old AOL boards. A met a bunch of good people on that forum too.

Oh and how can we forget all of the actual intelligent conversations about different racing topics back in the day I sure do miss those

good times back then and lots of homemade wine to pass around in earlier version i was Roscoe back then and todays name and probably called a few names but here last few years 4m has been under attack by spammers and bad case of planting bugs in your system you had to clear them out everytime you got off here dunno but hope they got problem fixed.

We didn’t have a computer in 1999. I joined in 06 when I found it by accident. So only 13 years and I took a few years off in the middle.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

im headed to pigeon forge with a buddy on our motor cycles to the rod run , want be back on here till monday , i have enjoyed the replies to my post and hope to see more when i get back monday , im just glad to hear from some of the old timers and younger ones to...on a day like today (9/11) it makes all of us stop and think about what really matters , UNITED WE STAND , GOD BLESS AMERICA.........

Firefighter was a good dude and died in 2008.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

I've been here for many years also. Dirt racing has sure changed a bunch. I'm still luvin it after 40 years. Loved the old conversations with the late and great firefighter. There was a guy that knew his dirt track racing. He died in 2008 so I know it has been a while since we chatted. I've only had this one handle since I've been here and I"m sure til I leave.
    Last edited by let-r-eat; 09-12-2019 at 02:50 AM.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

I've been here since early 2001.

Wow! This post made me feel old all of a sudden. I joined either in 1998 or 1999! I was going to school at Auburn University when I came across this website! A long time for sure! Wow!