Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

If you want more rules drop down to the limited class .... This is how & why Nascar started going down hill ... The less rules the better IMO ...
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I don’t want more rules. The more rules you have the more money guys will spend to beat them. Although the safety rules update was probably overdue. I don’t mind that.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

I was just talking in general ....Not to your post ...

Personally if somebody wants to spend a million dollars to win $1000 and a plastic trophy who am I to stop them. This is America.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

Air?.... Really?.... At what point do you think air will not matter? At no race track do these cars travel 35mph. You will never stop aero being a factor

Rocky,

That cheap body requires you to have the expensive engine. The best, easiest way to enforce a cost reduction is to make the expensive part not worth the money.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    If you want more rules drop down to the limited class .... This is how & why Nascar started going down hill ... The less rules the better IMO ...
    The current problem is lack of rule enforcement. The bodies should not be where they are. Were you around when the wedge was killed to save the sport?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The current problem is lack of rule enforcement. The bodies should not be where they are. Were you around when the wedge was killed to save the sport?
    Precisely...
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Masters,

it wouldn't really hurt my feelings of the noses were shorter and the elephant ears were not so ridiculous. It kinda makes me nervous that I might hit a little kid driving through the pits because the Left front is up so high.the body in my car is old, I don't have one of the good bodies. But even if I did, a hobby guy that runs between 5 and 10 races a year isn't gonna win any races. I suppose I run limiteds, but that's just fancy talk for 370 inch motor super around here.

Edit that should say part time guy that could maybe win a heat race or something some day. Nobody I race is a professional race car driver.
    Last edited by Rocky; 09-11-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Watts6 View Post
    Air?.... Really?.... At what point do you think air will not matter? At no race track do these cars travel 35mph. You will never stop aero being a factor
    If you take the downforce off the car, you can’t apply nearly as much power. We don’t even have to back that far. Just going back to 2008 bodies wouldn’t significantly change the look of the cars, but it would take a few hundred pounds of downforce out of it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

So you guys are saying I need to put a bigger body on my car lol?
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    My buddy modernized the body on his car over the winter. He did a few other small things that helped, but it is leaps and bounds faster. I think the body was a huge part of it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

It would help.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    My buddy modernized the body on his car over the winter. He did a few other small things that helped, but it is leaps and bounds faster. I think the body was a huge part of it.
    Well dang. The body from the fenders back is very old.we modernized the front end last winter. I want to get a newer car, but there's something happening that might stop that. Maybe I will finally crack for sheet metal . If you can't catch em, join em.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

You have to get the interior down low, with rake to the back and so the drivers interior becomes a sideboard. It adds massive downforce.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

The deck is dished, but the hood is probably 2 inches higher than it. I know what the new ones look like. I have noticed that the other guys cars are wider than mine on the left side at the drivers door. Also, my quarter panels don't come down as far as theirs and my roof is way smaller and not angled steeply like theirs.
    Last edited by Rocky; 09-11-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Matter of fact the body on my car is probably about like the ones you guys would like to see back out there. It belonged to a buddy of mine like 10 years ago.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Matter of fact the body on my car is probably about like the ones you guys would like to see back out there. It belonged to a buddy of mine like 10 years ago.
    I'd say you are right. This car started life as an 03 masters. The roof isn't raked like a current car still.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Back to the topic of shocks please don't make me give up my integras in the hopes of saving a little guy like memoney, I already paid for them.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Too many factors come into play when you just focus on one thing .... Teams that races for a living are gonna find the speed vs the weekend warrior .... Look at how screwed up the tire rule was .... IMO the scales are another rule that needs to go ..