Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Devin finished ahead of Bobby last night. There having a very consistent year the wins will come. as far as bobby this year checkers or wreckers. til he learns to take what the car gives him things won't change. several races were he had top 5 car but pushes to hard an gets dnf part failures just like last year. dad was same way over the years and lost a lot of rides because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    The question is whether "doorstop bobby" can get in. Ricky has a high enough point total that he WILL be in Saturday night's A-Main.
    Not necessarily, Saturday's lineups are determined by combined points, not your best night. Still, a solid night for RT. Also interesting Pierce is in the Pierce car again, I assume too much damage to the Rocket last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    The damage to the 49.
    ( Courtesy Lucas Oil Twitter )

JD likely blamed the format for the damage. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) time trial shows!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Not necessarily, Saturday's lineups are determined by combined points, not your best night. Still, a solid night for RT. Also interesting Pierce is in the Pierce car again, I assume too much damage to the Rocket last week.
    All of his rockets were bent, got one fixed just not enough time to get it back together

Wrong!!!

Knoxville takes your best point total from 1 of the nights. Not combined.

My estimate is the top 10 in points from thursday night should be easily locked in the Saturday night feature.

Bloomer, Madden and JD all can make up for last night by doing well tonight.

Madden performance surprised me. Other than that entertaining racing for the most part. Certainly a different line up from the usual Lucas shows. Interesting lineups. Winner certainly put on a dominate show. So what happens tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Somebody needs to put Ricky Thornton Jr in a full time late model ride!
    I posed the same thing on FB. That dude has over 40 wins this year between his Mod and whatever else he drives. That's a ton.

He doesn't even have a true race shop from what I have seen on his FB, just works out of his garage in a sub-division. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I've seen pics of him wrenching in his house garage several times.

He's a super nice guy too, we pitted by him at Mansfield in 18' when he was filling in for Hudson and chatted a lot with him. Very polite and good guy.

Also, at the Deery Brothers race at Boone he ran away and hid from the field in one of Todd Cooney's cars.

Ryan,

They stated numerous times last night that Saturday is determined by your highest point total of the 2 nights. RT is a lock for Saturday.

How many races does the fast 21 A-Mod have scheduled for the rest of the year? I enjoy watching you race.
    Last edited by fryefan; 09-13-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Weird, Lucas website states Drivers will earn points in each of the two preliminary nights that will determine the line-ups for Saturday night’s finale. DoD stated similar in the notes from last night, I took it as combined. My previous Knoxville trips it was your best night so I was confused as well. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks FryeFan, as of now we are just running 2 more nights at Lake Ozark. Other than those 2 races, we have nowhere to race within 3 hours of the house so probably calling it a year. I'm getting married next weekend and my equipment is worn down so I just can't justify traveling that far to race anymore this year unfortunately.

Where can i find out the how the points system are determined

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    I believe Ricky is doing double duty Saturday night. I think he will be in Todd Cooney's car for the Malvern Bank Late Models as they race the undercard at Knoxville.
    Yes he will be doing double duty. So will Chad Simpson, Tyler Bruenning, JD Wyman, Charlie McKenna and Corey Zeitner.

https://www.slmrseries.com/points/kn...gible-drivers/

Quote Originally Posted by 2drace View Post
    Where can i find out the how the points system are determined
    https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Eve...odel-nationals

Quote Originally Posted by AzDirtRacin3 View Post
    That would be incorrect. The 1st time Ricky sat in that car was for hot laps Thursday night.
    The fact that he said practically leads me to believe he meant it's a black diamond, like the car he drove for Hudson last year.

"Weird, Lucas website states Drivers will earn points in each of the two preliminary nights that will determine the line-ups for Saturday night’s finale. DoD stated similar in the notes from last night, I took it as combined. My previous Knoxville trips it was your best night so I was confused as well. Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks FryeFan, as of now we are just running 2 more nights at Lake Ozark. Other than those 2 races, we have nowhere to race within 3 hours of the house so probably calling it a year. I'm getting married next weekend and my equipment is worn down so I just can't justify traveling that far to race anymore this year unfortunately."

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! Also, good luck in the races at Eldon.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    The fact that he said practically leads me to believe he meant it's a black diamond, like the car he drove for Hudson last year.
    Yes it’s a club 29, and it’s owned by the same people. Chad just supplies the motor

Lets try this again. NOBODY said he raced that EXACT car before, rather that he raced one just like it last year. (club 29 to club 29 = practically the same car). We all know he hasn't driven the Chad Stapleton car before this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Lets try this again. NOBODY said he raced that EXACT car before, rather that he raced one just like it last year. (club 29 to club 29 = practically the same car). We all know he hasn't driven the Chad Stapleton car before this week.
    Well, Hudson is no longer in them cars. He drives a Longhorn. So, unless Stapleton’s car isn’t the same as Hudson’s, then yes, it is a different car all together.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It’s a club 29, so it’s not the same as Hudson’s. However it is the same as what RT drove last year while filling in. This the post of the post that has caused so much confusion.

***Point of the post. Won't let me edit.**